|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christmas of 1812 pass with some gloom?
(a) The war is not going well.
(b) The war is not over.
(c) Aubrey's men had expected to celebrate Christmas in England.
(d) The sailors are not in the thick of the war.
2. What helps the dehydration a little?
(b) Distilling a tiny bit of salt water.
(c) Eating raw fish.
(d) A heavy rain.
3. How experienced is Maturin in cricket?
(a) He led his team at Oxford to victory.
(b) He plays whenever he is in a port.
(c) He is not very skilled but likes playing the game.
(d) He has no experience.
4. What about Maturin's collection most interests the crew?
(a) The stuffed gorilla.
(b) The spirits in which the specimens are soaking.
(c) The life 10 foot boa constrictor.
(d) The stuffed Komodo dragon.
5. Who have all taken passage in the same boat?
(a) The two doctors.
(b) All the bosun crew.
(c) The old crewmates from Leopard.
(d) All the ship's officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many nautical miles does the ship cover daily?
2. What does Aubrey do on the voyage?
3. What do the men do to the food and water in the boat?
4. What do the sailors believe when they encounter a vessel?
5. What is an accurate description of Wallis?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)