|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the life boat in which Aubrey and his men float?
(a) 32 feet.
(b) 14 feet.
(c) 24 feet.
(d) 18 feet.
2. Who do Maturin and Aubrey take on in Cricket?
(a) The Admiral's prime team.
(b) The team from the La Flèche.
(c) Other members of the crew from the Leopard.
(d) Some local sailors.
3. Who calls upon Wallis?
(b) First Mate Johnson.
(d) Admiral Hornblower.
4. What does Maturin realize?
(a) That Aubrey is in grave danger.
(b) That Wogan is in Boston.
(c) That Wogan believes the false papers to have originated with Aubrey
(d) That Aubrey is still in danger of dying.
5. What is Maturin carrying when his turn at bat arrives?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pen.
(c) A hurley.
(d) A flechette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vessel will Aubrey be captaining once he arrives in England?
2. How might the voyage back to England be described?
3. How many times have the Americans encountered the British?
4. What separates all the life boats from each other?
5. What has been the outcome of those encounters?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)