|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does Java fail?
(a) Close to boarding distance.
(b) Outflank the Constitution.
(c) Use her men for small arms fire.
(d) Get out into open sea.
2. What is an accurate description of Wallis?
(a) Well-informed and insightful.
(b) A well-meaning, but incompetent person.
(d) A drunk and ne'r do well.
3. How does what the Leopard men do help the Java?
(a) They are not just dead weight.
(b) They can concentrate on long-distance warfare.
(c) They free up Java's men to board the Constitution.
(d) It relieves some marines for small-arms work in the fighting tops.
4. Who rescues Aubrey from making a serious faux pas?
(a) The ship's steward.
(b) The second mate.
(c) The cabin boy.
5. How long is the life boat in which Aubrey and his men float?
(a) 24 feet.
(b) 32 feet.
(c) 14 feet.
(d) 18 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates all the life boats from each other?
2. Why does Christmas of 1812 pass with some gloom?
3. Who does Aubrey call upon when he goes ashore?
4. Why does Maturin leave the cricket match?
5. About how many nautical miles does the ship cover daily?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)