|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Aubrey and the Leopard crew volunteer to do?
(a) Man the rigging.
(b) Serve on the boarding crew.
(c) Guard the diplomat and his retinue.
(d) Serve the forward gun battery.
2. What do the men do to the food and water in the boat?
(a) Ration it.
(b) They didn't get any food or water in the boat.
(c) Eat it before it spoils.
(d) Divide it equally among the men.
3. Why is the La Flèche abandoned?
(a) A couple sailors have the plague.
(b) It is overrun by rats.
(c) It is on fire.
(d) It has been captured.
4. Who is Yorke?
(a) The Captain of the La Flèche.
(b) The cook.
(c) The second mate.
(d) The ship's steward.
5. How long is the life boat in which Aubrey and his men float?
(a) 32 feet.
(b) 18 feet.
(c) 24 feet.
(d) 14 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vessel will Aubrey be captaining once he arrives in England?
2. What game does Maturin believe cricket resembles?
3. What does Aubrey strenuously argue to retain?
4. Who do Maturin and Aubrey take on in Cricket?
5. What war do they learn has erupted?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)