|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over what does Maturin agonize when on board the La Flèche?
(a) Why he made such a fool of himself on the cricket field.
(b) How to categorize some of the odd species he has collected.
(c) His numerous natural history specimens.
(d) What he will tell his wife who did not think he was returning to her.
2. What happens the first time they sight a vessel?
(a) They hail it but it ignore them.
(b) They almost collide with it but they don't see the small boat in the fog.
(c) They try not to be seen since it is an American vessel.
(d) They try to catch it by rowing.
3. How many men are in Aubrey's life boat?
4. What are in the letters to Sophie?
(a) Aubrey's thoughts and reports of many current events.
(b) Information about Aubrey's upcoming assignment.
(c) Questions about news at home.
(d) Questions about his new son.
5. What does Maturin realize?
(a) That Aubrey is still in danger of dying.
(b) That Wogan believes the false papers to have originated with Aubrey
(c) That Wogan is in Boston.
(d) That Aubrey is in grave danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How experienced is Maturin in cricket?
2. Where does La Flèche stop to resupply?
3. Who is the first man to die?
4. How does Maturin arouse humor among the cricket players and audience?
5. What is in the Java's favor?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)