|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Leopard make quite a stir when entering the port?
(a) She is listing badly to starboard.
(b) She was thought to be long lost at sea.
(c) She is the first English colors seen there in years.
(d) She is flying Dutch colors.
2. Who have all taken passage in the same boat?
(a) The two doctors.
(b) All the ship's officers.
(c) All the bosun crew.
(d) The old crewmates from Leopard.
3. Who calls upon Wallis?
(a) First Mate Johnson.
(c) Admiral Hornblower.
4. How experienced is Maturin in cricket?
(a) He plays whenever he is in a port.
(b) He has no experience.
(c) He led his team at Oxford to victory.
(d) He is not very skilled but likes playing the game.
5. Who rescues Aubrey's boat?
(a) HMS Java.
(b) A Brazilian fisher vessel.
(c) The US Constitution.
(d) HMS Acasita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pontet-Canet?
2. How does Maturin arouse humor among the cricket players and audience?
3. Who is Yorke?
4. What helps the dehydration a little?
5. What do the sailors believe when they encounter a vessel?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)