|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wogan blame for the false information she gives the Americans?
(b) Geroge Herapath.
2. On what does Aubrey instruct his midshipmen?
(b) Shipboard etiquette.
(d) Storm types.
3. Why is the La Flèche abandoned?
(a) A couple sailors have the plague.
(b) It has been captured.
(c) It is overrun by rats.
(d) It is on fire.
4. What about Maturin's collection most interests the crew?
(a) The stuffed gorilla.
(b) The spirits in which the specimens are soaking.
(c) The stuffed Komodo dragon.
(d) The life 10 foot boa constrictor.
5. At what does Java fail?
(a) Get out into open sea.
(b) Use her men for small arms fire.
(c) Outflank the Constitution.
(d) Close to boarding distance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what does Maturin agonize when on board the La Flèche?
2. What does Aubrey watch in the dense fog?
3. What course of action makes sense?
4. How does Maturin know Wogan does not suspect him of any treachery from their last encounter?
5. What is the weather like as Aubrey looks out over the harbor after the questioning?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)