|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the vessel turn out to be?
(a) A US merchant vessel.
(b) A Dutch freighter.
(c) A pirate vessel.
(d) The USS Constitution.
2. How does George Herapath feel about Wogan?
(a) Like she is his own daughter.
(b) That she is wonderful.
(c) That she is greedy.
(d) Her presence is an insult to his honor.
3. Why does Christmas of 1812 pass with some gloom?
(a) The sailors are not in the thick of the war.
(b) Aubrey's men had expected to celebrate Christmas in England.
(c) The war is not going well.
(d) The war is not over.
4. What is mainly responsible for the Leopard arriving at the port safely?
(a) The skill of Maturin.
(b) The superb seamanship of Captain Aubrey.
(c) The Leopard's excellent design.
(d) The fair weather.
5. What is full of double entendre between Johnson and Maturin?
(a) The conversation between Villiers and Maturin.
(b) Their initial conversation.
(c) The conversation between Maturin and George Herapath.
(d) The conversation between Aubrey and U.S. Naval Intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Aubrey to recover?
2. Upon whom does Maturin call?
3. About what does the Navy department interview Aubrey?
4. How does Villiers seem in relation to Maturin?
5. About how many nautical miles does the ship cover daily?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)