Chapters 1 and 2
1. What port has the HMS Leopard reached in Chapter 1?
(a) Pulo Batang.
(b) Cape Hope.
2. What is mainly responsible for the Leopard arriving at the port safely?
(a) The skill of Maturin.
(b) The superb seamanship of Captain Aubrey.
(c) The fair weather.
(d) The Leopard's excellent design.
3. Why does the Leopard make quite a stir when entering the port?
(a) She is listing badly to starboard.
(b) She is the first English colors seen there in years.
(c) She was thought to be long lost at sea.
(d) She is flying Dutch colors.
4. Who does Aubrey call upon when he goes ashore?
(a) The main Tribal Chief.
(b) The Admiral.
(c) The Governor.
(d) His best friend's wife.
5. Who expresses admiration for Aubrey's exploits and tenacity?
(a) The tribal chief.
(b) No one.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The Governor.
6. What is going to happen to the Leopard?
(a) It is being scuttled.
(b) It is being refitted with larger canons.
(c) It is being converted to a transport.
(d) It is being sold to a private merchant.
This section contains 4,442 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)