Chapters 1 and 2
• HMS Leopard reaches the safety of Pulo Batang.
• Aubrey calls upon the Admiral who informs Aubrey that Leopard will be converted to a transport.
• Aubrey return to England aboard La Flèche to accept command of Acasta.
• Aubrey argues for and is allowed to retain his lieutenants and midshipmen.
• Maturin and Wallis exchange information regarding their intelligence activities.
• Maturin and Aubrey join in a game of cricket, playing against the Admiral's prime team.
• Maturin does not know the game and ends up smashing the wicket with his hurley.
• Maturin carefully stows his natural history specimens aboard the La Flèche.
• Aubrey and Maturin have dinner with the Captain and Aubrey learns that Sophie knows he is alive and well.
• The voyage is monotonous with Aubrey writing many lengthy letters home.
• Maturin befriends the ship's surgeon who is intensely interested in Maturin's collections.
• La Flèche stops...
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)