|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sajer meet while contacting Ernest Neubach's parents in Berlin?
2. Who did Sajer decide to visit before returning to Alsace?
3. How many trucks did Sajer's small detachment drive from Minsk to Kiev a few days after Christmas 1942?
4. Who did Guy associate himself with according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
5. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many soldiers were involved in the Belgorod offensive according to Sajer?
2. What happened after the feldwebel took his clothes off in the Author's Preface and Prologue?
3. What happened when the Poles tried to sell Sajer and his unit some eggs?
4. What were the soldiers disgusted by according to Sajer in Part 1- Russia?
5. What happened to the truck Sajer drove during the German retreat from the Don River?
6. Who did Sajer meet in Berlin and what did he do during his week and a half leave?
7. What example does Sajer give to the German military superiority in Part 1- Russia??
8. What did the German army do to prevent the Russian Army from crossing the Don River?
9. Why was Sajer proud of his uniform in the Author's Preface and Prologue?
10. What were Sajer and his group forced to do before getting supper in the Author's Preface and Prologue??
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The problems in the supply chain is highlighted by Sajer even during the time the Germany army win battles in 1942. How was the resupply of the German army organized? What does an army need to on the front lines?
Essay Topic 2
Sajer's father taught him to fear and hate the German soldiers. Discuss what might have made him want to enlist in the German army.
Essay Topic 3
Sajer was sick during parts of the retreat. How were sick soldiers treated on the front lines? How many casualties did the Germany army suffer because of sickness? What type of sickness was common on the Russian front?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)