|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Sajer, Lensen, and Hals reprimanded by Laus?
2. What was the name of the camp that Sajer trained at in Part 2 Chapter 5?
3. What does Sajer say one man on his unit did during the first two weeks on the front line?
4. What city did Sajer watch being bombed from a distance while on a date?
5. When was Guy Sajer born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clothes does Sajer say he had after exiting the water in the Author's Preface and Prologue?
2. How was the Belgorod assault mounted according to Sajer in Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland?
3. What example does Sajer give to the German military superiority in Part 1- Russia??
4. What happened to the truck Sajer drove during the German retreat from the Don River?
5. What were Sajer and his group forced to do before getting supper in the Author's Preface and Prologue??
6. What happened after the feldwebel took his clothes off in the Author's Preface and Prologue?
7. Who did Sajer meet in Berlin and what did he do during his week and a half leave?
8. How does Sajer say Russian prisoners were transported back to the prisoner's camp?
9. What unit did Sajer volunteer for and where did he receive training in Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland?
10. What does Sajer say happened during his first firefight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the Alsace region between 1871 and 1939? Why was that region disputed and what country do you think had the best claim on it?
Essay Topic 2
The Veteran seems to sacrifice himself to allow his companions to escape. Was sacrifice common on the battlefield? Why would one forsake his own life to allow others to live?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how infringements were dealt with when training for and being a soldier in the Nazi regime by examining examples from the book.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)