|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Sajer's assault group were still alive after the first day of battle in Part 2 Chapter 6?
2. Where were Sajer and his unit sent after ending the training according to Part 2 Chapter 6?
3. Who did Sajer meet on the train which would bring him to the east for his training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
4. What was inside the train heading west Sajer mentions in Part 1 Chapter 1?
5. How many of the 60,000 soldiers that participated in the counter thrust Sajer mentions in Part 2 Chapter 6 were Hitlerjugend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sajer say of commanding officer, Captain Fink?
2. What did Sajer do in Warsaw according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
3. What unit did Sajer volunteer for and where did he receive training in Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland?
4. What clothes does Sajer say he had after exiting the water in the Author's Preface and Prologue?
5. What was the first offensive Sajer participated in with his new unit?
6. Who came to see Sajer during his leave and what did that person bring?
7. What does Sajer say happened during his first firefight?
8. What example does Sajer give to the German military superiority in Part 1- Russia??
9. What were Sajer and his group forced to do before getting supper in the Author's Preface and Prologue??
10. What food does Sajer say he and his unit were given before departing for Poland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to the Alsace region between 1871 and 1939? Why was that region disputed and what country do you think had the best claim on it?
Essay Topic 2
The cold seems to be one of the main problem for the German soldier. How cold was the Russian front in 1943 and 1944? What clothes and cold fighting equipment did the Germans have? What were the effects of cold on the machinery, men and landscape?
Essay Topic 3
The problems in the supply chain is highlighted by Sajer even during the time the Germany army win battles in 1942. How was the resupply of the German army organized? What does an army need to on the front lines?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)