|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Russians partisans that surrendered in the dark factory?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They were interrogated.
(c) They were executed.
(d) They were set free.
2. What did Sajer's regiment discover after securing the town in Part 3 Chapter 8?
(a) They were encircled.
(b) Their commanding officer left them.
(c) They had no air support.
(d) They had no ammunition.
3. Who commanded Sajer's unit as they were resupplied in Part 5 Chapter 16?
4. Why did Sajer and his troop divert to Memel?
(a) It was a resupply depot.
(b) It was heavily fortified.
(c) It was the only German strongpoint they could reach.
(d) The rest of their division was there.
5. What did the German army have on the east bank of the Dnieper?
(a) It's headquarters for the area.
(b) It's main supply depots.
(c) Tens of thousands of soldiers.
(d) It's main tank depots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tanks were involved in the attack in February 1944 of Part 4 Chapter 13?
2. What does Sajer say the Dnieper River did not have?
3. Who commanded Sajer's unit in Part 3 Chapter 7?
4. How many tanks did Sajer and his group destroy during the Russian probe of their position in Part 4 Chapter 12?
5. How does Sajer describe the German army in Part 3 Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the Germany army crossed the Dnieper River according to Sajer?
2. What was Sajer given after his hospital stay and why was it taken away?
3. What happened during Sajer's train ride back to the front?
4. How did the German army coming from Kiev cross the Dnieper River according to Sajer in Part 3 - The Retreat ?
5. How was Sajer able to avoid being a prisoner of war after being captured by the British Army?
6. How did Sajer and his companions escape Memel?
7. How did Sajer finally rejoin the front line after his firefight in the factory?
8. Who were the partisans Sajer fought in Part 4 -To The West on his way to relieve a besieged outpost and what happened to them?
9. What happened to Lindberg and Hals during the Belgorod offensive?
10. What city did Sajer's regiment advanced toward and what happened when they reached that city?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)