|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sajer's fever probably induced by?
(a) The flu.
(c) Lack of food.
2. What did Sajer and his unit discover in the village they were in charge of securing in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) Russian soldiers.
(b) The civilians had not evacuated.
(c) German soldiers cowarding.
(d) A group of nuns.
3. How many British soldiers did Sajer and his troop kill before surrendering?
4. What took precedence in the evacuation by sea of Memel?
(c) War prisoners.
(d) Nazi Party members.
5. What does Sajer say was inundated in Part 3 Chapter 9?
(a) The mail service.
(b) The tank repair service.
(c) The medical service.
(d) Local rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sajer learn about Paula in a letter in Part 4 Chapter 12?
2. How high was the fever Sajer mentioned in Part 3 Chapter 8?
3. Who decided to walk away from Memel?
4. What did the German troops do with their wounded in Part 3 Chapter 8?
5. What type of unit was Sajer assigned to in Part 4 Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Memel defended?
2. Who commanded Sajer's unit and where were they transported to resupply?
3. What did Sajer expect to find on the west side of the Dnieper River after crossing and what did he really find according to Part 4 -To The West?
4. What happened to the German army that was crossing the Dnieper River according to Part 4 -To The West?
5. What happened when the Germany army crossed the Dnieper River according to Sajer?
6. How did Lensen die?
7. What was Sajer given after his hospital stay and why was it taken away?
8. What happened to Lindberg and Hals during the Belgorod offensive?
9. How was Gotenhafen evacuated and was Sajer able to evacuate before the rest of the German armed forces?
10. What did Sajer and his unit discover in the supposedly empty village they passed through and what happened in that village?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)