|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sajer say often fought in the lines around Memel?
(a) Drunk soldiers.
(d) Russian soldiers.
2. Where was the boat Sajer and his troop boarded on April 1, 1945 headed for?
3. Why did Sajer and his troop divert to Memel?
(a) It was heavily fortified.
(b) The rest of their division was there.
(c) It was a resupply depot.
(d) It was the only German strongpoint they could reach.
4. What were the German soldiers ordered to retain while executing the order given in Part 3 Chapter 8?
(a) Their ammunition only.
(b) All their trucks.
(c) The Russian prisoners.
(d) All their equipment.
5. Who does Sajer say preferred evacuating with the Germans to being found by the Russians?
(a) British and Canadian war prisoners.
(c) Russian prisoners.
(d) Polish civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commanded Sajer's unit as they were resupplied in Part 5 Chapter 16?
2. What was Sajer diagnosed with in Part 4 Chapter 10?
3. What does Sajer say happened to the Eastern front in Part 3 Chapter 7?
4. What type of unit was Sajer assigned to in Part 4 Chapter 13?
5. How many German soldiers were captured when the Russians collapsed the pocket of German resistance in Part 4 Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sajer describe his new commanding officer, Captain Wesreidau?
2. How did Sajer fare while leading a blocking squad?
3. What happened during Sajer's train ride back to the front?
4. What was the Regiment forced to do in order to obey its order to break through the Russian encirclement and retreat?
5. What city does Sajer say the Russians retook in Part 3 - The Retreat and what happened on the front?
6. How was Sajer physically during his retreat from the Dnieper bank?
7. How did Sajer and his companions escape Memel?
8. What happened when Sajer and eight other men were ordered to pursue partisans in a dark factory?
9. How did Lensen die?
10. What did Sajer and his unit discover in the supposedly empty village they passed through and what happened in that village?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)