|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sajer say the military police saw the soldiers coming from the other side of the Dnieper?
(a) As ineffective.
(b) As heroes.
(c) As spies.
(d) As cowards or even traitors.
2. What did the German army do on the West bank of the Dnieper?
(a) Built a defensive position.
(b) Stored 1200 tanks.
(c) Laid land mines.
(d) Formally evacuated its troops.
3. What memory did Sajer keep of his fever fueled retreat?
(a) Being ordered to stay low.
(b) Being ordered to fire.
(c) He did not remember anything.
(d) Being ordered to run.
4. What does Sajer say happened to the Eastern front in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) It stabilized.
(b) It held.
(c) It moved eastward.
(d) It collapsed.
5. What does Sajer say was inundated in Part 3 Chapter 9?
(a) Local rivers.
(b) The mail service.
(c) The medical service.
(d) The tank repair service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the crossing of the Dnieper take according to Sajer?
2. What did Sajer and his unit discover in the village they were in charge of securing in Part 3 Chapter 7?
3. What tanks were involved in the attack in February 1944 of Part 4 Chapter 13?
4. What vehicle did Sajer catch a ride on in Part 4 Chapter 11?
5. Who did the British interrogator hand Sajer over to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the replacement soldiers assigned to Sajer's regiment in Part 4 -To The West come from?
2. Who commanded Sajer's unit and where were they transported to resupply?
3. How did the German army coming from Kiev cross the Dnieper River according to Sajer in Part 3 - The Retreat ?
4. How does Sajer describe his new commanding officer, Captain Wesreidau?
5. How did Sajer fare while leading a blocking squad?
6. What was Sajer given after his hospital stay and why was it taken away?
7. What happened when Sajer and eight other men were ordered to pursue partisans in a dark factory?
8. What did Sajer expect to find on the west side of the Dnieper River after crossing and what did he really find according to Part 4 -To The West?
9. What city did Sajer and his companions retreat to and why?
10. How was Gotenhafen evacuated and was Sajer able to evacuate before the rest of the German armed forces?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)