|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Don River did the German army hold according to Sajer in Part 1 Chapter 2?
(a) The west bank.
(b) The north bank.
(c) The south bank.
(d) The east bank.
2. What type of bridge did Sajer say he crossed for the last time at the end of the Prologue?
(a) A steel bridge.
(b) A wood bridge.
(c) A stone bridge.
(d) A railroad bridge.
3. What does Guy Sajer say of the additional training he received in his unit?
(a) It was insufficient.
(b) It was adequate.
(c) It was sufficient.
(d) It was long.
4. What did Sajer say of the training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) It was exhausting.
(b) It was simple.
(c) It was easy to skip.
(d) It was mainly hand to hand combat training.
5. Why was the travel back to Germany delayed according to Part 2 Chapter 4?
(a) Because his papers were not ready.
(b) Because of bombardment.
(c) Because of sabotage.
(d) Because he was punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sajer's unit trained by according to Part 2 Chapter 5?
2. How long did Guy Sajer train in Chemnitz?
3. Where was Von Paulus as Sajer was finishing his training?
4. Who did Guy Sajer started training with in Chemnitz?
5. What was Guy Sajer's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Sajer say the supplies took to go from Germany to the front?
2. How was the Belgorod assault mounted according to Sajer in Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland?
3. What was the first offensive Sajer participated in with his new unit?
4. What does Sajer say of commanding officer, Captain Fink?
5. What were the soldiers disgusted by according to Sajer in Part 1- Russia?
6. How does Sajer say Russian prisoners were transported back to the prisoner's camp?
7. What does Sajer say happened during his first firefight?
8. What food does Sajer say he and his unit were given before departing for Poland?
9. What unit did Sajer volunteer for and where did he receive training in Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland?
10. Where did Sajer train for his new division and what did he think of the training?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)