|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the entrance to the bomb shelter Sajer tried to enter during a bombing in Berlin blocked by?
(b) A pile of bodies.
(c) Plane wreckage.
(d) An unexploded bomb.
2. How many days of supplies were issued to Sajer and his group before Sajer left the training camp?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. Who did Sajer meet on the train which would bring him to the east for his training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(c) Hals and Westerben.
(d) Lensen and Hals.
4. What does Sajer say soldiers were suffering from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) The cold.
(b) The lack of ammunition.
(c) The heat.
(d) The lack of food.
5. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
(a) Mined the river bank.
(b) Shattered the ice on the river.
(c) Sunk their boats.
(d) Destroyed the bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sajer find perplexing after frequently being under artillery fire?
2. What training beside basic military training did Guy Sajer receive in his unit?
3. What type of building was Sajer's training camp at?
4. When was Guy Sajer born?
5. What weapon was Hals issued in Part 2 Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does Sajer say the supplies took to go from Germany to the front?
2. How does Sajer say Russian prisoners were transported back to the prisoner's camp?
3. What did the German army do to prevent the Russian Army from crossing the Don River?
4. Who came to see Sajer during his leave and what did that person bring?
5. What did Sajer and his group perform during the first two weeks on the front?
6. What was the first offensive Sajer participated in with his new unit?
7. What did Sajer decide to do with his leave pass?
8. What were Sajer and his group forced to do before getting supper in the Author's Preface and Prologue??
9. Where does Sajer say he and his unit went after Warsaw?
10. What happened to the truck Sajer drove during the German retreat from the Don River?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)