|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sajer and his troop divert to Memel?
(a) The rest of their division was there.
(b) It was heavily fortified.
(c) It was a resupply depot.
(d) It was the only German strongpoint they could reach.
2. Why does Sajer say Lensen complained about other soldiers?
(a) They wanted to surrender.
(b) They were unwilling to fight.
(c) They were unwilling to kill.
(d) They were unwilling to sacrifice for the cause.
3. How long did Sajer tell the interrogator he had not received mail from home?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 year and 6 months.
4. What does Sajer say he expected to find on the other side of the Dnieper River according to Part 4 Chapter 10?
(a) A well organized German camp.
(b) A supply depot.
(c) A powerful tank division.
(d) An airfield.
5. Where did Sajer and his group hide for a few days after leaving Memel?
(a) In a farm house.
(b) In a dugout.
(c) In an old bunker.
(d) In a wrecked ship.
6. Where was the boat Sajer and his troop boarded on April 1, 1945 headed for?
7. What did Sajer see that drove through the German army with impunity?
(a) 20 Russian tanks.
(b) 10 Russian tanks.
(c) 55 Russian tanks.
(d) 15 Russian tanks.
8. Who does Sajer say preferred evacuating with the Germans to being found by the Russians?
(a) Russian prisoners.
(b) Polish civilians.
(c) British and Canadian war prisoners.
9. Where did Sajer travel after leaving Vinnitsa in Part 4 Chapter 11?
10. How long did the crossing of the Dnieper take according to Sajer?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) Several days.
11. How does Sajer say Russian propaganda was delivered to German troops?
(b) In letters.
(c) On dummy bombs.
12. What happened to the Russians partisans that surrendered in the dark factory?
(a) They were interrogated.
(b) They were set free.
(c) They were imprisoned.
(d) They were executed.
13. What was Sajer's fever probably induced by?
(b) The flu.
(c) Lack of food.
14. What did Sajer do after leaving the German army?
(a) Served as a clerk.
(b) Enrolled in the French army.
(c) Served as a translator.
(d) Stayed in prison.
15. Where did Sajer and his unit go after Dantzig?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many German soldiers were killed when the Russians collapsed the pocket of German resistance in Part 4 Chapter 10?
2. What does Sajer say he had in order while being interrogated by the military police?
3. What did the German army have on the east bank of the Dnieper?
4. Where did the boat Sajer and his troops were on arrive in Part 5 Chapter 19?
5. What does Sajer say was putting pressure on the German Army while it crossed the Dnieper?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)