|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sajer say happened to some soldiers after meeting with the military police Part 4, Chapter 10?
(a) They were labeled as spies.
(b) They were executed.
(c) They were stripped of their rank.
(d) They were sent to the other side of the Dnieper.
2. Where does Sajer say the Russian army's main thrust was targeted toward?
3. What did the German troops do with their wounded in Part 3 Chapter 8?
(a) Hid them in churches.
(b) Transported them on their backs.
(c) Killed them.
(d) Left them behind.
4. How many tanks did Sajer and his group destroy during the Russian probe of their position in Part 4 Chapter 12?
5. How long did it take Sajer to extract himself from the dirt after being buried alive by an explosion?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
6. How long did Sajer stay hospitalized after arriving in Vinnitsa?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 1 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. What was Sajer diagnosed with in Part 4 Chapter 10?
(a) The flu.
(d) Chronic dysenteric diarrhea.
8. What did the German army have on the east bank of the Dnieper?
(a) It's main supply depots.
(b) Tens of thousands of soldiers.
(c) It's headquarters for the area.
(d) It's main tank depots.
9. Where was the training camp Sajer mentioned in Part 4 Chapter 14?
(a) 100 miles from Lvov.
(b) 50 miles from Lvov.
(c) 60 miles from Lvov.
(d) 10 miles from Lvov.
10. What were Sajer and his unit assigned to in Pillau?
(a) Prisoner interrogations.
(b) Execution squad.
(c) Helping civilians and preparing defensive positions.
(d) Lookout duty.
11. How did Wesreidau die?
(a) He was killed by a bomb.
(b) His car hit a mine.
(c) He was shot by a sniper.
(d) He commited suicide.
12. Why were Sajer and the other soldiers on leave told to go back to the front?
(a) Because of Germany's imperiled state.
(b) Because the train tracks were destroyed.
(c) Because their pass were not valid.
(d) Because the unit had moved.
13. How long did Sajer remain in Pillau?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
14. What did Sajer do after leaving the German army?
(a) Served as a clerk.
(b) Stayed in prison.
(c) Enrolled in the French army.
(d) Served as a translator.
15. Who does Sajer say preferred evacuating with the Germans to being found by the Russians?
(a) Russian prisoners.
(b) Polish civilians.
(d) British and Canadian war prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high was the fever Sajer mentioned in Part 3 Chapter 8?
2. Why did the captain of the boat Sajer and his troop were on depart prematurely in Part 5 Chapter 18?
3. What does Sajer say of the Captain that commanded his unit in Part 3 Chapter 7?
4. Where did the boat Sajer and his troops were on arrive in Part 5 Chapter 19?
5. What did Wollers lose while in Pillau?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)