|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sajer say Wesreidau did while waiting to cross the river?
(a) Wrote letters to his wife.
(b) Committed suicide.
(c) Reorganized his command.
2. What did Sajer see that drove through the German army with impunity?
(a) 15 Russian tanks.
(b) 20 Russian tanks.
(c) 10 Russian tanks.
(d) 55 Russian tanks.
3. What continued to stun Sajer at the end of Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) The lack of food.
(b) The violence and horror of combat.
(c) The lack of ammunition.
(d) The lack of competent commanding officers.
4. What did Sajer and his troop find in the town presumably empty in Part 4 Chapter 13?
(b) Deserted German tanks.
(c) Booby traps and mines.
(d) Russians soldiers.
5. What does Sajer say happened to the Eastern front in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) It held.
(b) It stabilized.
(c) It collapsed.
(d) It moved eastward.
6. What does Sajer say he expected to find on the other side of the Dnieper River according to Part 4 Chapter 10?
(a) An airfield.
(b) A well organized German camp.
(c) A supply depot.
(d) A powerful tank division.
7. Who did Hals meet during the time his unit stayed in one place in Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) A Russian girl.
(b) A Polish girl.
(c) A German girl.
(d) His bother.
8. How was the Gross Deutschland Division used according to Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) As a blockage force.
(b) As a reactionary force.
(c) As the spearhead of the offensive.
(d) As a reserve.
9. What does Sajer say some soldiers tried to do to cross the Dnieper River?
(a) Used waterproof tanks.
(b) Used planes.
(d) Stole boats.
10. How long did Sajer remain in Pillau?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 7 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
11. How long did Sajer tell the interrogator he had not received mail from home?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 1 year and 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
12. How long did it take Sajer to extract himself from the dirt after being buried alive by an explosion?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
13. Where did Sajer and his unit go after Dantzig?
14. What memory did Sajer keep of his fever fueled retreat?
(a) Being ordered to fire.
(b) Being ordered to run.
(c) Being ordered to stay low.
(d) He did not remember anything.
15. How did Wesreidau die?
(a) He was shot by a sniper.
(b) His car hit a mine.
(c) He commited suicide.
(d) He was killed by a bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many British soldiers did Sajer and his troop kill before surrendering?
2. Which of Sajer friends died in Part 4 Chapter 12?
3. What does Sajer say he had in order while being interrogated by the military police?
4. How many tanks did Sajer and his group destroy during the Russian probe of their position in Part 4 Chapter 12?
5. How long did the crossing of the Dnieper take according to Sajer?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)