|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days of supplies were issued to Sajer and his group before Sajer left the training camp?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. What did Sajer do during the week and a half he spent in Berlin?
(b) Read German literature.
(d) Courted Paula.
3. What did the occupants of the train Sajer saw heading west in Part 1 Chapter 1 use to deflect the wind from their train car?
(d) The door.
4. Where was Guy Sajer living in 1943?
5. When did Sajer and Hals reach Berlin according to Part 2 Chapter 4?
(a) Mid-June 1943.
(b) August 1944.
(c) March 1943.
(d) September 1942.
6. What does Guy say about the German language?
(a) He had trouble speaking it fluently.
(b) He liked it.
(c) He didn't understand it.
(d) He wasn't able to learn it.
7. Where did Guy Sajer go after leaving Chemnitz prior to his arrival in Bialystok?
(a) Warsaw and Marki.
(b) Dresden and Warsaw.
(c) Berlin and Bonn.
(d) Warsaw and Bonn.
8. Who did Sajer decide to visit before returning to Alsace?
(a) Ernst Neubach's parents.
(b) His sister.
(c) His friend, Max.
(d) His grandmother.
9. How many Russian soldiers did the 60,000 strong German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6 face?
(a) 700,000 to 800,000.
(b) 100,000 to 200,000.
(c) 800,000 to 900,000.
(d) 400,000 to 600,000.
10. What did Sajer's unit do in Minsk through Christmas?
(a) Guarded supply depots.
(c) Prepared defensive positions.
(d) Repaired tanks.
11. What does Sajer say happened to a man who refused to train in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) He was sent home.
(b) He was imprisoned.
(c) He was sent to the eastern front.
(d) He was publicly executed.
12. What does Sajer say fell constantly in Part 1 Chapter 2?
(c) Artillery shells.
13. Who won the knife fight Sajer mentioned happening during the German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) The Russian.
(b) A partisan.
(c) The German.
(d) Both died.
14. When did Guy Sajer arrive in Chemnitz?
(a) June 18, 1942.
(b) July 18, 1942.
(c) July 16, 1942.
(d) July 18, 1943.
15. What was the name of the village Sajer reached after his truck ran out of gas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sajer meet on the train which would bring him to the east for his training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
2. How does Sajer describe the weather on October 30 in the Prologue?
3. Who did Sajer drive with during the Don retreat?
4. What was Guy Sajer's father's country of origin?
5. Why was the travel back to Germany delayed according to Part 2 Chapter 4?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)