|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy Sajer say of the additional training he received in his unit?
(a) It was adequate.
(b) It was insufficient.
(c) It was long.
(d) It was sufficient.
2. What other recruits did Guy Sajer befriend according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
(a) Olensheim, Lindberg, and Hals.
(b) Lindberg and Hals.
(c) Bruno Lensen and Fahrstein.
(d) Bruno Lensen, Fahrstein, Olensheim, Lindberg, and Hals.
3. Where was Guy Sajer born?
4. Who did guy Sajer travel with who spoke French?
(b) Olensheim and Hals.
(c) Lensen, Olensheim, and Hals.
5. What type of building was Sajer's training camp at?
(a) A Polish castle.
(b) A Ukrainian castle.
(c) A Romanian manor.
(d) A French farm.
6. What did the occupants of the train Sajer saw heading west in Part 1 Chapter 1 use to deflect the wind from their train car?
(a) The door.
7. When did Guy Sajer arrive in Chemnitz?
(a) July 16, 1942.
(b) June 18, 1942.
(c) July 18, 1942.
(d) July 18, 1943.
8. How many letters did Sajer send Paula during the 6 months following their meeting?
(a) 2 per week.
(b) 5 per week.
(c) 2 per month.
(d) 3 per week.
9. What river is south of Voronezh according to Part 1 Chapter 2?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Rhone.
(c) The Dnieper.
(d) The Don River.
10. How many of the 60,000 soldiers that participated in the counter thrust Sajer mentions in Part 2 Chapter 6 were Hitlerjugend?
(c) Half of them.
11. Where was Sajer's unit ordered to proceed after a one day rest at Kharkov?
12. What happened to the convoy Sajer was in when it reached Kiev, in Part 1 Chapter 1?
(a) It was unloaded.
(b) It was disbanded.
(c) It was resupplied.
(d) It was dispatched to Kharkov.
13. What did Sajer do during the week and a half he spent in Berlin?
(a) Read German literature.
(b) Courted Paula.
14. How many days of supplies were issued to Sajer and his group before Sajer left the training camp?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 2 days.
15. How many Russian soldiers did the 60,000 strong German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6 face?
(a) 800,000 to 900,000.
(b) 100,000 to 200,000.
(c) 400,000 to 600,000.
(d) 700,000 to 800,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sajer say of Hals' physique?
2. What does Sajer say soldiers were suffering from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. Where did the German Army retreat to after leaving the Don River?
4. What division did Sajer volunteer for according to Part 2 Chapter 4?
5. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)