|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Guy Sajer do when he arrived at Bialystok?
(a) He was assigned to a fighting unit.
(b) He was sent on leave.
(c) He was assigned as a cook.
(d) He was billeted at a training camp.
2. When did Sajer and Hals reach Berlin according to Part 2 Chapter 4?
(a) March 1943.
(b) Mid-June 1943.
(c) August 1944.
(d) September 1942.
3. Which of Sajer's friends was part of his assault group in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. Where was Sajer's unit ordered to proceed after a one day rest at Kharkov?
5. What part of the Don River did the German army hold according to Sajer in Part 1 Chapter 2?
(a) The east bank.
(b) The west bank.
(c) The north bank.
(d) The south bank.
6. What did Sajer find perplexing after frequently being under artillery fire?
(a) The sarcasm of combat veterans.
(b) The German tactics.
(c) The military doctors humor.
(d) Russian tactics.
7. What weapon was Hals issued in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) A Panzerfaust.
(b) An MG-42.
(c) A Mausser rifle.
(d) An MP40.
8. Who does Sajer notice survived the battle despite a wound and a broken arm in Part 2 Chapter 6?
9. What did the icy road turn into during the German retreat from the Don river?
(a) Thick rivers of mud.
(b) Dry road.
(c) Impassable rivers.
10. When did Guy Sajer arrive in Chemnitz?
(a) July 18, 1943.
(b) June 18, 1942.
(c) July 18, 1942.
(d) July 16, 1942.
11. What did Sajer say of the training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) It was mainly hand to hand combat training.
(b) It was exhausting.
(c) It was easy to skip.
(d) It was simple.
12. Where was Von Paulus as Sajer was finishing his training?
(a) In the Volga.
(b) Near Moscow.
(c) In North Africa.
(d) In France.
13. How many Russian soldiers did the 60,000 strong German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6 face?
(a) 700,000 to 800,000.
(b) 100,000 to 200,000.
(c) 400,000 to 600,000.
(d) 800,000 to 900,000.
14. Where did the German Army retreat to after leaving the Don River?
15. What was the name of the camp that Sajer trained at in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) Camp B.
(b) Camp F.
(c) Camp Z.
(d) Camp G.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Guy Sajer's unit part of?
2. What happened to the Russian prisoners after the counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6?
3. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
4. What does Sajer say one soldier of his unit asked his parents to send him?
5. What does Sajer say of Hals' physique?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)