|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon was Sajer issued in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) An MG-32.
(b) A Panzerfaust.
(c) An MP40.
(d) A Mauser rifle.
2. What did Sajer find perplexing after frequently being under artillery fire?
(a) The military doctors humor.
(b) The German tactics.
(c) The sarcasm of combat veterans.
(d) Russian tactics.
3. What city did Sajer watch being bombed from a distance while on a date?
4. How many of Sajer's assault group were still alive after the first day of battle in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) 10 out of 15.
(b) 8 out of 15.
(c) 6 out of 14.
(d) 2 out of 15.
5. What other recruits did Guy Sajer befriend according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
(a) Lindberg and Hals.
(b) Olensheim, Lindberg, and Hals.
(c) Bruno Lensen and Fahrstein.
(d) Bruno Lensen, Fahrstein, Olensheim, Lindberg, and Hals.
6. How many of the 60,000 soldiers that participated in the counter thrust Sajer mentions in Part 2 Chapter 6 were Hitlerjugend?
(c) Half of them.
7. Where did Sajer train with his new unit according to Part 2 Chapter 4?
(a) The area of Bonn.
(b) The area of Warsaw.
(c) The area of L'viv.
(d) The area of Akhtyrka.
8. What did the German soldiers do with the Russian wounded?
(a) They were put on the trucks.
(b) They were treated.
(c) They were killed or left to die.
(d) They were let go.
9. What weapon was Hals issued in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) A Mausser rifle.
(b) An MG-42.
(c) A Panzerfaust.
(d) An MP40.
10. What did Sajer's unit use to ferry supplies to the front line?
(a) German tanks.
(b) Russian carts.
(c) Donkey carts.
(d) Their backs.
11. Who did Guy Sajer started training with in Chemnitz?
(a) The Paratrooper.
(b) The Tank Crop.
(c) The German Navy.
(d) The Luftwaffe.
12. What was inside the train heading west Sajer mentions in Part 1 Chapter 1?
(a) Russian prisoners.
(d) Wounded German soldiers.
13. Who did Guy Sajer transfer to the infantry with?
(a) His brother, Louis.
(b) His father.
(c) Others who failed Luftwaffe training.
(d) His best friend.
14. What does Sajer say happened to a man who refused to train in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) He was sent home.
(b) He was publicly executed.
(c) He was sent to the eastern front.
(d) He was imprisoned.
15. What did Sajer do during the week and a half he spent in Berlin?
(a) Read German literature.
(b) Courted Paula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guy Sajer do in 1942?
2. Where were Sajer and his unit sent after ending the training according to Part 2 Chapter 6?
3. What type of bridge did Sajer say he crossed for the last time at the end of the Prologue?
4. Who was killed during the first firefight Sajer witnessed?
5. What did the icy road turn into during the German retreat from the Don river?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)