|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 - To The West.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
(a) Mined the river bank.
(b) Sunk their boats.
(c) Destroyed the bridges.
(d) Shattered the ice on the river.
2. What does Sajer say the Dnieper River did not have?
(d) Steep banks.
3. What did Sajer find perplexing after frequently being under artillery fire?
(a) The military doctors humor.
(b) The sarcasm of combat veterans.
(c) Russian tactics.
(d) The German tactics.
4. What does Sajer say one soldier of his unit asked his parents to send him?
5. What was Guy Sajer's unit's purpose?
(a) It was a repair unit.
(b) It was a tank unit.
(c) It was an infantry unit.
(d) It was a transport unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the German troops with Sajer ordered to do in Part 3 Chapter 8?
2. What was inside the train heading west Sajer mentions in Part 1 Chapter 1?
3. How long did it take Sajer to extract himself from the dirt after being buried alive by an explosion?
4. Who was the leader of the unit Guy Sajer was assigned to?
5. What does Sajer say some soldiers tried to do to cross the Dnieper River?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)