|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sajer say soldiers were suffering from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) The lack of ammunition.
(b) The lack of food.
(c) The cold.
(d) The heat.
2. Who does Sajer notice survived the battle despite a wound and a broken arm in Part 2 Chapter 6?
3. Where were Sajer and his unit sent after ending the training according to Part 2 Chapter 6?
(b) The Dnieper.
4. What does Guy say about the German language?
(a) He wasn't able to learn it.
(b) He didn't understand it.
(c) He had trouble speaking it fluently.
(d) He liked it.
5. How many Russian soldiers did the 60,000 strong German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6 face?
(a) 800,000 to 900,000.
(b) 400,000 to 600,000.
(c) 100,000 to 200,000.
(d) 700,000 to 800,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Guy Sajer do when he arrived at Bialystok?
2. What did Sajer learn when they arrived in Kharkov?
3. What Company was Sajer's group part of in Part 2 Chapter 6?
4. How many Russian soldiers did Sajer note 28,000 Germans were able to successfully fight?
5. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)