|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - The Gross Deutschland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was killed during the first firefight Sajer witnessed?
(a) A few German soldiers.
(b) Sajer's best friend.
(c) A few civilians.
(d) A few Russian partisans.
2. What did the German army do to forestall the Russian army according to Sajer?
(a) Shattered the ice on the river.
(b) Destroyed the bridges.
(c) Sunk their boats.
(d) Mined the river bank.
3. How many letters did Sajer send Paula during the 6 months following their meeting?
(a) 3 per week.
(b) 2 per week.
(c) 2 per month.
(d) 5 per week.
4. What happened to the convoy Sajer was in when it reached Kiev, in Part 1 Chapter 1?
(a) It was unloaded.
(b) It was dispatched to Kharkov.
(c) It was resupplied.
(d) It was disbanded.
5. What does Sajer say fell constantly in Part 1 Chapter 2?
(b) Artillery shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Russian soldiers did the 60,000 strong German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6 face?
2. Who did Sajer meet on the train which would bring him to the east for his training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
3. What did the German soldiers do with the Russian wounded?
4. What did Sajer drive during the German Army retreat from the Don River?
5. What did the occupants of the train Sajer saw heading west in Part 1 Chapter 1 use to deflect the wind from their train car?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)