|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other recruits did Guy Sajer befriend according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
(a) Olensheim, Lindberg, and Hals.
(b) Lindberg and Hals.
(c) Bruno Lensen and Fahrstein.
(d) Bruno Lensen, Fahrstein, Olensheim, Lindberg, and Hals.
2. What does Sajer say one soldier of his unit asked his parents to send him?
3. What was Guy Sajer's unit part of?
(a) The 19th Deutschland.
(b) The 29th Rollbahn.
(c) The 9th Rollbahn.
(d) The 19th Rollbahn.
4. What did the icy road turn into during the German retreat from the Don river?
(b) Dry road.
(c) Thick rivers of mud.
(d) Impassable rivers.
5. Why were Sajer, Lensen, and Hals reprimanded by Laus?
(a) They didn't know how to clean their guns.
(b) They were not actively watching.
(c) Their uniforms were loose.
(d) They were sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Guy Sajer born?
2. Who was killed during the first firefight Sajer witnessed?
3. What was Guy Sajer's unit's purpose?
4. What were the soldiers in Guy Sajer's unit ordered to do after boarding a train during their trip from Bialystok?
5. How many days of supplies were issued to Sajer and his group before Sajer left the training camp?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)