|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was inside the train heading west Sajer mentions in Part 1 Chapter 1?
(b) Russian prisoners.
(d) Wounded German soldiers.
2. Who did guy Sajer travel with who spoke French?
(a) Olensheim and Hals.
(b) Lensen, Olensheim, and Hals.
3. What did the German soldiers do with the Russian wounded?
(a) They were let go.
(b) They were treated.
(c) They were killed or left to die.
(d) They were put on the trucks.
4. What did Sajer drive during the German Army retreat from the Don River?
(a) A truck full of ammunition.
(b) A tank.
(c) A truck full of food.
(d) A truck full of wounded.
5. What was Guy Sajer's unit part of?
(a) The 29th Rollbahn.
(b) The 19th Deutschland.
(c) The 9th Rollbahn.
(d) The 19th Rollbahn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sajer feel about the older driver he was with in the convoy?
2. What did Sajer's unit do in Minsk through Christmas?
3. What does Sajer see some men do during the first two weeks on the front line?
4. Where was Sajer's unit ordered to proceed after a one day rest at Kharkov?
5. How does Sajer describe the weather on October 30 in the Prologue?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)