|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4 - To The West.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sajer say the disaster the Gross Deutschland faced in Konotop foresaw?
(a) The end of the Division as a fighting force.
(b) The loss of Poland.
(c) The dismissal of the Division commander.
(d) The end of the Reich.
2. What did the German army do on the West bank of the Dnieper?
(a) Built a defensive position.
(b) Laid land mines.
(c) Formally evacuated its troops.
(d) Stored 1200 tanks.
3. Who made up the replacement soldiers attached to Sajer's unit when they arrived at the training camp in Part 4 Chapter 14?
(a) French volunteers.
(b) Veteran soldiers.
(c) Schoolboys and police officers.
(d) Russians volunteers.
4. Who was Sajer's unit trained by according to Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) Captain Herman.
(b) Captain Fink.
(c) Captain Klink.
(d) Captain Reichten.
5. When was Guy Sajer born?
(a) January 13, 1924.
(b) January 13, 1925.
(c) January 13, 1923.
(d) January 13, 1927.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sajer meet on the train which would bring him to the east for his training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
2. What does Sajer say Wesreidau did while waiting to cross the river?
3. How does Sajer describe the German army in Part 3 Chapter 9?
4. What type of bridge did Sajer say he crossed for the last time at the end of the Prologue?
5. What does Guy Sajer say outraged naive recruits?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)