|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Guy associate himself with according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
(a) With outcasts.
(b) With German loving people.
(c) With German speaking people.
(d) With French speaking people.
2. What did the soldiers complain about concerning their trip from Bialystok?
(a) The lack of rest.
(b) The lack of planning and efficiency.
(c) The constant attacks.
(d) The lack of food.
3. Where did the German Army retreat to after leaving the Don River?
4. What did Sajer feel about the older driver he was with in the convoy?
(a) He was wise.
(b) He was quite.
(c) He was optimistic.
(d) He was defeatist.
5. What type of building was Sajer's training camp at?
(a) A Ukrainian castle.
(b) A Romanian manor.
(c) A Polish castle.
(d) A French farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other recruits did Guy Sajer befriend according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
2. What was the name of the village Sajer reached after his truck ran out of gas?
3. What did Sajer find perplexing after frequently being under artillery fire?
4. What did Guy Sajer do when he arrived at Bialystok?
5. Who managed to stay with Sajer in the same detail?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)