|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One - Russia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sajer find perplexing after frequently being under artillery fire?
(a) The sarcasm of combat veterans.
(b) The German tactics.
(c) The military doctors humor.
(d) Russian tactics.
2. Who managed to stay with Sajer in the same detail?
(b) Hals and Lensen.
(c) His commanding officer.
(d) His brother, Louis.
3. Where was Von Paulus as Sajer was finishing his training?
(a) Near Moscow.
(b) In North Africa.
(c) In the Volga.
(d) In France.
4. What were the soldiers in Guy Sajer's unit ordered to do after boarding a train during their trip from Bialystok?
(b) Clean tanks.
(c) Stand watch in the weather.
(d) Study tactical data.
5. What does Sajer say of Hals' physique?
(a) He was enormous.
(b) He was short.
(c) He was slender.
(d) He was athletic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy Sajer say of the additional training he received in his unit?
2. What was Guy Sajer's father's country of origin?
3. What does Sajer see some men do during the first two weeks on the front line?
4. Where did Guy Sajer go after leaving Chemnitz prior to his arrival in Bialystok?
5. What did Sajer learn when they arrived in Kharkov?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)