|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sajer say the Russian army's main thrust was targeted toward?
2. What continued to stun Sajer at the end of Part 3 Chapter 7?
(a) The lack of food.
(b) The lack of competent commanding officers.
(c) The lack of ammunition.
(d) The violence and horror of combat.
3. What did the soldiers complain about concerning their trip from Bialystok?
(a) The lack of rest.
(b) The constant attacks.
(c) The lack of planning and efficiency.
(d) The lack of food.
4. How many Russian soldiers did the 60,000 strong German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6 face?
(a) 100,000 to 200,000.
(b) 800,000 to 900,000.
(c) 400,000 to 600,000.
(d) 700,000 to 800,000.
5. Who won the knife fight Sajer mentioned happening during the German counter-thrust in Part 2 Chapter 6?
(a) Both died.
(b) The Russian.
(c) A partisan.
(d) The German.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy say about the German language?
2. What was inside the train heading west Sajer mentions in Part 1 Chapter 1?
3. What did Sajer do during the week and a half he spent in Berlin?
4. How long did the crossing of the Dnieper take according to Sajer?
5. Why were Sajer, Lensen, and Hals reprimanded by Laus?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)