|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Sajer meet on the train which would bring him to the east for his training in Part 2 Chapter 5?
(a) Lensen and Hals.
(d) Hals and Westerben.
2. What did the German army have on the east bank of the Dnieper?
(a) It's main tank depots.
(b) It's headquarters for the area.
(c) Tens of thousands of soldiers.
(d) It's main supply depots.
3. Where did Guy Sajer go after leaving Chemnitz prior to his arrival in Bialystok?
(a) Warsaw and Marki.
(b) Warsaw and Bonn.
(c) Berlin and Bonn.
(d) Dresden and Warsaw.
4. When did Guy Sajer arrive in Chemnitz?
(a) July 18, 1942.
(b) July 16, 1942.
(c) July 18, 1943.
(d) June 18, 1942.
5. Who does Sajer notice survived the battle despite a wound and a broken arm in Part 2 Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon was Sajer issued in Part 2 Chapter 6?
2. How did the German army start crossing the Dnieper?
3. What type of building was Sajer's training camp at?
4. What was the name of the village Sajer reached after his truck ran out of gas?
5. How many of the 60,000 soldiers that participated in the counter thrust Sajer mentions in Part 2 Chapter 6 were Hitlerjugend?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)