|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - The Retreat.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory did Sajer keep of his fever fueled retreat?
(a) Being ordered to run.
(b) He did not remember anything.
(c) Being ordered to stay low.
(d) Being ordered to fire.
2. Who did Sajer drive with during the Don retreat?
(a) Ernst Neubach.
(b) Don Hals.
(c) Ernst Lensen.
(d) Tomas Holenbach.
3. When was Guy Sajer born?
(a) January 13, 1925.
(b) January 13, 1924.
(c) January 13, 1927.
(d) January 13, 1923.
4. Where was Sajer's unit ordered to proceed after a one day rest at Kharkov?
5. What did the German troops do with their wounded in Part 3 Chapter 8?
(a) Transported them on their backs.
(b) Killed them.
(c) Hid them in churches.
(d) Left them behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Guy Sajer transfer to the infantry with?
2. What other recruits did Guy Sajer befriend according to the Author's Preface and Prologue?
3. Where was Von Paulus as Sajer was finishing his training?
4. What does Sajer say many soldiers did in Part 3 Chapter 9?
5. How many letters did Sajer send Paula during the 6 months following their meeting?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)