|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacked Mandella?
2. Where do Mandella and Marygay ride their bicycles to?
3. What is the name of Mandella's mother's roommate?
4. What do the Taurans fire at the humans?
5. Which of his relative's does Mandella call in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following statement: The novel is a statement against war.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Haldeman's writing style. How would you describe Haldeman's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Haldeman's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
The Forever War is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the science fiction genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did The Forever War help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in The Forever War?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)