|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of people are now encouraged to stay on in the army?
2. Whose house does Mandella go to at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Why do Marygay and Mandella decide to rejoin the force?
4. What does Mandella think all of his new troops are?
5. On what planet do Mandella and Marygay end up living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marygay and Mandella decide on the phone in Chapter 9, Part 2?
2. How have things changed when Mandela arrives back to earth in the final chapter?
3. How does the army recruit in modern society in Chapter 2, Part 3?
4. Why does it seem that there are only two battles in the book?
5. How does Graubard die?
6. Why can Mandella's company be called test tube babies?
7. How are the cooks making the alcohol?
8. What is Mandella's problem with Hilleboe in Chapter 3, Part 3?
9. How does the battle end in Chapter 7, Part 3?
10. How do the Taurans try and defeat the humans when their darts don't work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look and develop ideas such as subjective-time. Write 400 words on examining how much Haldeman's scientific ideas are based in scientific fact.
Essay Topic 2
The Forever War is part of the science fiction genre.
1) What are the conventions of the science fiction genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2) In what way did The Forever War help to set the template for similar novels? Do modern novels still use the ideas used in The Forever War?
Essay Topic 3
The Forever War is a famous book which has greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a book written after the Forever War that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)