|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of conditioning do Kynock and Mandella discuss?
2. What part of Mandella's body is crushed in this chapter?
3. What kind of business are the cooks running?
4. What is the name of the company's ship?
5. What do Moore and Mandella think will cause low morale on the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine homosexuality in the novel. Is it a feasible idea that the majority of the population could become homosexual? What would have to change on today's Earth for that to happen?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Haldeman's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a scene from the novel and critically analyze it in terms of the following:
1) Character development
2) Plot development.
3) Its significance to the book overall.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)