|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the metal rod when Mandella passes it through the shield?
2. What do the troops call Mandella behind his back?
3. What kind of business are the cooks running?
4. Who propositions Mandella in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the company's ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 2
The Forever War is written in the first person and with Haldeman as narrator. Why do you think Haldeman chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the third person? What difference does it make it make to the story that Haldeman is one of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a scene from the novel and critically analyze it in terms of the following:
1) Character development
2) Plot development.
3) Its significance to the book overall.
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)