|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luna better known as?
2. What section of the newspaper does Mandella try to find?
3. What does Mandella pass to the outside of the field?
4. Who comes into the lounge to talk to Mandella?
5. Why does Mandella find it difficult to understand his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mandella's problem with Hilleboe in Chapter 3, Part 3?
2. How does Graubard die?
3. Why do Mandella and Charlie decide against the idea of evacuating all personnel into the stasis field?
4. What does Mandella do immediately upon arriving at Stargate?
5. Why does Mandella not put an end to the distillery run by the cooks?
6. Why can Mandella's company be called test tube babies?
7. How does the army recruit in modern society in Chapter 2, Part 3?
8. How are the cooks making the alcohol?
9. Why are there no Help Wanted ads in the newspaper?
10. Why can the hospital not help Mandella's mother in Chapter 11, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Haldeman's writing style. How would you describe Haldeman's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Haldeman's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Write a 500-word essay that examines and answers the following question: How does Haldeman create a futuristic world, different from our own, while still making it understandable to the reader?
Essay Topic 3
The Forever War is a famous book which has greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a book written after the Forever War that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)