|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do Marygay and Mandella decide to visit first?
2. Why does Mandella order his troops to the surface?
3. Why do Marygay and Mandella decide to rejoin the force?
4. What kind of people are now encouraged to stay on in the army?
5. What kind of cycle has Kynock recently witnessed on earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the hospital not help Mandella's mother in Chapter 11, Part 2?
2. Why can Mandella's company be called test tube babies?
3. How has Mandella's mother's life changed since he last saw her?
4. How does the army recruit in modern society in Chapter 2, Part 3?
5. Why do Mandella and Charlie decide against the idea of evacuating all personnel into the stasis field?
6. How does Graubard die?
7. How does the happy pill help Mandella when his ship is attacked?
8. What do Marygay and Mandella decide on the phone in Chapter 9, Part 2?
9. Summarize The Forever War story.
10. How does the woman at the farmhouse react to Mandella's presence in Chapter 10, Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around the following statement: The novel is a statement against war.
Essay Topic 2
The Forever War is a famous book which has greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a book written after the Forever War that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interactions with each other?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)