|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Marygay's father get caught?
2. What does Mandella think all of his new troops are?
3. Who attacked Mandella?
4. What part of Marygay's body is missing?
5. Why does Mandella find it difficult to understand his troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mandella and Charlie decide against the idea of evacuating all personnel into the stasis field?
2. How are the cooks making the alcohol?
3. How have things changed when Mandela arrives back to earth in the final chapter?
4. Why can the hospital not help Mandella's mother in Chapter 11, Part 2?
5. Summarize The Forever War story.
6. How do Marygay and Mandella think the war has changed the world?
7. What was the Pacifist Movement?
8. What is Mandella's mother's condition when he arrives back in Washington in Chapter 11, Part 2?
9. How has Mandella's mother's life changed since he last saw her?
10. What problems do Mandella and Moore identify when they explore the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Forever War was made into a series of graphic novels. How different are the graphic novels from the book in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss his/her goals and motives. Does he/she achieve his/her motives? Why? Does he/she share similar goals and motives with other characters? Does his/her goals clash with other characters? How do the character's goals and motives affect his/her interactions with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Haldeman's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)