Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man threaten Mandella with in the elevator?
2. Why does Mandella find it difficult to understand his troops?
3. Where do the troops travel back to after the battle?
4. Whose house does Mandella go to at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What is the name of Mandella's mother's roommate?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Earth from Haldeman's idea that everyone is cloned and has a collective conscience.
1) How would such an environment affect people's relationships?
2) How would it benefit the government?
3) Who do you think the government would choose to clone and why?
Essay Topic 2
The Forever War is a famous book which has greatly influenced science fiction. Choose a book written after the Forever War that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss there similarities in terms of
Essay Topic 3
The Forever War is written in the first person and with Haldeman as narrator. Why do you think Haldeman chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the third person? What difference does it make it make to the story that Haldeman is one of the characters?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)