|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graubard use in an attempt to kill himself?
2. Where are Marygay and Mandella heading?
3. What planet is Mandella's brother living on?
4. What do Mandella and Moore drink in the officer's lounge?
5. What is the true natue of Rhonda's relationship with Mandella's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman at the farmhouse react to Mandella's presence in Chapter 10, Part 2?
2. Why can Mandella's company be called test tube babies?
3. Why are there no Help Wanted ads in the newspaper?
4. How are the cooks making the alcohol?
5. How have things changed when Mandela arrives back to earth in the final chapter?
6. What was the Pacifist Movement?
7. What is the happy pill?
8. How does the battle end in Chapter 7, Part 3?
9. How do the Taurans try and defeat the humans when their darts don't work?
10. Summarize The Forever War story.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Forever War is written in the first person and with Haldeman as narrator. Why do you think Haldeman chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the third person? What difference does it make it make to the story that Haldeman is one of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Haldeman's life. In what way do you think his life and personality are reflected in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay that examines and answers the following question: How does Haldeman create a futuristic world, different from our own, while still making it understandable to the reader?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)