|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following weapons does Mandella not pass out to his troops:
2. Which of the following does Mandella not absorb during his time in the can:
3. Why does Mandella order his troops to the surface?
4. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Who propositions Mandella in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
The Forever War is written in the first person and with Haldeman as narrator. Why do you think Haldeman chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would have changed if it were written in the third person? What difference does it make it make to the story that Haldeman is one of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Haldeman's writing style. How would you describe Haldeman's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Haldeman's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay that examines and answers the following question: How does Haldeman create a futuristic world, different from our own, while still making it understandable to the reader?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)