|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people are now encouraged to stay on in the army?
(a) Those with a high IQ
(b) Those with a high physical fitness
(c) Those with a high genetic rating
(d) Those without family
2. Why do Charlie and Diane think it is a bad idea if Mandella kills Graubard himself?
(a) He will seen as a murderer.
(b) Graubard is too popular.
(c) He will be court-martialed.
(d) He will undermine his authority.
3. Which member of Mandella's family is now dead?
(a) His brother
(b) His cousin
(c) His father
(d) His sister
4. Who stays and dies in the underground base?
(a) All of the privates
5. What would happen if the war suddenly came to an end?
(a) The Earth's economy would collapse
(b) The president would be arrested
(c) A big party
(d) People would start killing each other
6. To what city does Mandella compare London?
(b) Los Angeles
(d) New York
7. What do Moore and Mandella explore at the end of the chapter?
(a) The ship
(b) Their bedrooms
(c) Each other
(d) The kitchens
8. Who does Mandella think is going to cause problems?
9. What do the troops have to do if they see someone coming?
(b) Beat their shield
(c) Tap the person next to them
(d) Fire an arrow in the air
10. What does Mandella pass to the outside of the field?
(a) An arrow
(b) A shield
(c) A rock
(d) A metal rod
11. What kind of conditioning do Kynock and Mandella discuss?
12. Why does Mandella find it difficult to understand his troops?
(a) They all have heavy lunar accents.
(b) They speak too quietly.
(c) The English dialect has changed.
(d) They all speak in body language.
13. Who appears after a year on Sade-138?
(b) The president
(c) The Taurans
(d) Captain Cortez
14. What does Mandella realize that every one of his soldiers is?
(c) A model
15. What do the Taurans fire at the humans?
Short Answer Questions
1. What section of the newspaper does Mandella try to find?
2. Who comes into the lounge to talk to Mandella?
3. What does Mandella leave for his mother before he goes?
4. Which movement does Kynock mention in this chapter?
5. What does Mandella want to use to detonate the stasis field?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)