|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Taurans fire at the humans?
2. What would happen if the war suddenly came to an end?
(a) The Earth's economy would collapse
(b) People would start killing each other
(c) A big party
(d) The president would be arrested
3. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
(b) Mandella's mother
4. What does Mandella want to use to detonate the stasis field?
(a) Nova bombs
(b) Nuclear bombs
(d) Hydrogen bombs
5. Why do Charlie and Diane think it is a bad idea if Mandella kills Graubard himself?
(a) Graubard is too popular.
(b) He will undermine his authority.
(c) He will be court-martialed.
(d) He will seen as a murderer.
6. What do Mandella and Moore drink in the officer's lounge?
7. What do guards look out for on the commune tower?
(c) The Taxman
(d) Government officials
8. What does Mandella almost get hit by?
(a) A rock
(b) A bullet
(c) A grenade
(d) A rocket
9. What does Graubard use in an attempt to kill himself?
(a) His belt
(b) His trousers
(c) His stockings
(d) His tie
10. What does the man threaten Mandella with in the elevator?
(a) A metal pipe
(b) A knife
(c) A metal hook
(d) A broken glass
11. What city do Marygay and Mandella decide to visit first?
(c) New York
12. Who lies in the bed opposite Mandella?
13. Which movement does Kynock mention in this chapter?
(a) The Far Place Movement
(b) The Peace movement
(c) The Hate movement
(d) The Pacifist movement
14. What is the Second Field Officer's name?
(a) Charlie Moore
(b) Karel Capek
15. To what city does Mandella compare London?
(a) New York
(c) Los Angeles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mandella leave for his mother before he goes?
2. Whose house does Mandella go to at the beginning of this chapter?
3. On what planet do Mandella and Marygay end up living?
4. Which of the following weapons does Mandella not pass out to his troops:
5. Why does Mandella not put a stop to the alcohol?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)