|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is someone considered to be if they turn down staying in the army?
(b) A dissenter
2. Why does Mandella find it difficult to understand his troops?
(a) They all speak in body language.
(b) They all have heavy lunar accents.
(c) They speak too quietly.
(d) The English dialect has changed.
3. Who lies in the bed opposite Mandella?
4. What do the troops have to do if they see someone coming?
(b) Fire an arrow in the air
(c) Tap the person next to them
(d) Beat their shield
5. What does the man threaten Mandella with in the elevator?
(a) A metal pipe
(b) A metal hook
(c) A knife
(d) A broken glass
6. With what did Marygay's father get caught?
(b) Tickets to Luna
(c) Ration tickets
(d) A gun
7. What does Graubard use in an attempt to kill himself?
(a) His tie
(b) His stockings
(c) His belt
(d) His trousers
8. What kind of people now inhabit Earth?
(a) Social workers
9. What is the Second Field Officer's name?
(a) Charlie Moore
(c) Karel Capek
10. What do the Taurans fire at the humans?
11. Where do the troops travel back to after the battle?
12. What do Mandella and Moore drink in the officer's lounge?
13. What helps Mandella get through the pain he feels?
(a) Marygay's voice
(b) The happy pill
(c) A photograph of his mother
(d) The sound of Taurans screaming
14. Where do Marygay's parents live?
(a) New York
(c) South Dakota
15. What would happen if the war suddenly came to an end?
(a) People would start killing each other
(b) The Earth's economy would collapse
(c) A big party
(d) The president would be arrested
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
2. How does Graubard die?
3. What do Moore and Mandella think will cause low morale on the ship?
4. What planet is Mandella's brother living on?
5. Which of the following weapons does Mandella not pass out to his troops:
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)