|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Graubard die?
(a) His is beaten to death
(b) He has a seizure
(c) He has a heart attack
(d) He is shot
2. What section of the newspaper does Mandella try to find?
(a) Apartments for rent
(c) Help wanted
(d) Jobs wanted
3. What part of Marygay's body is missing?
(a) Her leg
(b) Her arm
(c) Her fingers
(d) Her hand
4. Where does Mandella see the blinking light?
(a) On the TV tower
(b) At the front door
(c) In his mother's bedroom
(d) On the phone
5. Which member of Mandella's family is now dead?
(a) His father
(b) His cousin
(c) His brother
(d) His sister
6. Where do Marygay and Mandella meet before they embark on their trip?
(a) South Dakota
(b) Camp David
(c) Long Island
(d) Ellis Island
7. What do guards look out for on the commune tower?
(a) The Taxman
(b) Government officials
8. With whom does Mandella's mother always leave her apartment?
(a) Her bodyguard
(b) Her dog
(c) Her lover
(d) Her physical trainer
9. Who stays and dies in the underground base?
(d) All of the privates
10. Why do Charlie and Diane think it is a bad idea if Mandella kills Graubard himself?
(a) Graubard is too popular.
(b) He will seen as a murderer.
(c) He will undermine his authority.
(d) He will be court-martialed.
11. What do the troops build on Sade-138?
(a) A bridge
(b) A bomb shelter
(c) A defense unit
(d) A base
12. Where do Marygay's parents live?
(b) South Dakota
(c) New York
13. Who propositions Mandella in this chapter?
14. What kind of store does Mandella go to?
(a) A fishing store
(b) A gun store
(c) A newspaper store
(d) A bomb store
15. What kind of people are now encouraged to stay on in the army?
(a) Those with a high IQ
(b) Those with a high genetic rating
(c) Those with a high physical fitness
(d) Those without family
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Earth need a war to do?
2. Who is sick at the beginning of this chapter?
3. Who appears after a year on Sade-138?
4. Who does Mandella have an appointment with in this chapter?
5. Whose house does Mandella go to at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)