|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to go study with the bards in Ireland after she replaces Eilan?
2. Who does Gaius meet for the first time when he is talking to the Christian hermit?
3. Who comes back in order to seek out Eilan, though they find themselves watching a ritual?
4. Julia decides that she and Gaius should not have anymore ____________.
5. In the battle, who fights under General Agricola, according to the description in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Eilan learns that the Emperor dead?
2. Once Gawen is born, what is the promise that Gaius makes to Eilan and to his child?
3. What does Caillean ask of Eilan to permit at the hut at the Forest House?
4. What is the situation of the woman that Gaius meets at the beginning of Chapter 25?
5. What is the reasoning behind the changing of the herbs by Eilan for the next rites of the Oracle?
6. What is Lhiannon's thought process about choosing her successor as a high priestess?
7. What is the reason behind Julia not wanting to have any more children with Gaius?
8. What does the Goddess tell Caillean she must do when she asks about her path?
9. What happens to the baby after Gawen is born into the Forest House?
10. What are some of the ways in which Caillean wants to run her new house differently from the Forest House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dieda is not happy with the fact that Gawen is in the Forest House, and she feels it is shameful.
Part 1: Why do you think that Dieda is so upset with the idea of Gawen?
Part 2: Do you agree or disagree with the feelings of Dieda?
Part 3: How do you think Dieda would have handled the situation with Eilan and her baby?
Essay Topic 2
Gaius sees that Eilan has become in her role as a priestess and he is stunned by the change.
Part 1: Why do you think that Gaius is unnerved by the way that Eilan has changed?
Part 2: Do you think that Gaius should be happy about the changes in Eilan?
Part 3: Would you support the life of Eilan if you were in Gaius' shoes?
Essay Topic 3
The priestesses choose women to come into the house in order to be trained in the priestess life.
Part 1: What do you think it takes in order to be selected as a priestess?
Part 2: Do you think that families want their daughters to be selected to be a priestess?
Part 3: Why do you think Cynric was not happy about Dieda getting chosen to be a priestess?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)