|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feast is happening at the end of this section of the story?
2. Who is to go and start her own house in the Summer Country, according to Eilan?
3. Who does Gaius normally stay with when he goes away, as Marcelllius thought he had?
4. Who begins to feel a weakness in her brain and she also begins to wonder if she might die?
5. Who has escaped from Roman custody, though no one is quite sure where he is at this point of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the situation of the woman that Gaius meets at the beginning of Chapter 25?
2. What happens to the baby after Gawen is born into the Forest House?
3. What does Gaius propose to Senara when he is rebuffed by Eilan?
4. What does Eilan's father ask her to do after she has performed the rites of the Oracle?
5. What happens during the next rites of the Oracle when Eilan takes the trance herbs again?
6. What does Senara refuse from Gaius when she is taking the two half-Roman girls to Marcellius?
7. Why do people in the Forest House decide that the baby might also be Dieda's baby?
8. Once Gawen is born, what is the promise that Gaius makes to Eilan and to his child?
9. What happens to cause the bodyguard to kill Cynric during a conversation with Eilan?
10. What does Gaius become so bored with that he decides he wants to leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At first, there is speculation that Eilan will be killed for having become pregnant. But, instead, Ardanos decides to hide the pregnancy from the others.
Part 1: Why do you think that a person might be killed for having gotten pregnant?
Part 2: How do you think you might respond if you were in Ardanos' shoes and had found out about Eilan?
Part 3: Do you think that Ardanos made the right choice in helping to conceal the pregnancy of Eilan?
Essay Topic 2
The Druids continue to be in control at the priestesses' house, having final say in successors and helping to translate the oracle rites.
Part 1: Why do you think the Druids are so powerful in the lives of the priestesses?
Part 2: Do you think the priestesses should be able to have say in what happens at their house?
Part 3: How do you think the role of the priestesses might change if the Druids were no longer in charge?
Essay Topic 3
Julia and Gaius meet each other and decide they like each other. As a result, their parents want them to marry.
Part 1: Why do you think that the parents want Julia and Gaius to marry each other?
Part 2: Do you think that a person can decide they want to marry someone after just a few meetings?
Part 3: How do you think a person might decide they want to get married to someone else?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)