|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Cynric for being rude to the high priestess at the time?
2. ________ accuses Eilan of being in allegiance to Rome, and even slaps her in the heat of the argument.
3. What kind of feast is happening at the end of this section of the story?
4. What does Gaius accidentally kill and then lie about killing during this section of the story?
5. A man in the group of people that Caillean meets on the way to the Summer Country all serve _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the task that Julia wants Gaius to accomplish before they can agree to marry each other?
2. What is Lhiannon's thought process about choosing her successor as a high priestess?
3. What does Eilan want Senara to do with her son when she had the vision of Caillean?
4. What are some of the ways in which Caillean wants to run her new house differently from the Forest House?
5. What causes the troops of Gaius to pause for a moment when they are in a charge?
6. What is the main idea in the debate about religion that Gaius encounters when he is traveling around?
7. What happens to the translations of Ardanos during the ritual of the Oracle?
8. Why is Gaius called back from his position in Germania?
9. What is the dream that Caillean has at the start of this section, one that disturbs her greatly?
10. What does Caillean decide to promise to Dieda in exchange for her services to the priestesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The oracle rites are those in which the priestess communes with the Goddess to reveal the future to the people in the community.
Part 1: Do you think the messages that are given by the oracle are trustworthy?
Part 2: Why do you think the people need to hear the message of the Goddess through the oracle?
Part 3: How do you think you would respond to hearing about trouble coming to your city, via the oracle?
Essay Topic 2
Eilan is asked if she is ready to take her vows to become one of the priestesses of the Forest House.
Part 1: Why do you think Eilan is asked if she is ready to take the vows?
Part 2: Do you think someone else should tell Eilan when she is ready?
Part 3: How do you think you'd know you were ready to be initiated?
Essay Topic 3
Caillean had hidden the secret of her rape as she was worried that she might not have been accepted as a priestess if they had found out.
Part 1: Why do you think a priestess would not be accepted if she had been raped?
Part 2: Do you think Caillean should have been more honest about her background?
Part 3: How do you think the priestesses would have responded to Caillean if she had told them about her past?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)