|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose attention does Gaius get when he arrives to find where Eilan is?
2. Who is taken to a hut in the woods as she is nearing the end of her pregnancy?
3. Which of the women does not realize that Lhiannon is dying, according to the book?
4. Who does Gaius meet for the first time when he is talking to the Christian hermit?
5. Gaius decides that he wants to adopt a son with ________, so he goes to the Forest House.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Goddess tell Caillean she must do when she asks about her path?
2. What is the dream that Caillean has at the start of this section, one that disturbs her greatly?
3. What does Senara refuse from Gaius when she is taking the two half-Roman girls to Marcellius?
4. Why do people in the Forest House decide that the baby might also be Dieda's baby?
5. What happens as a result of the tragedy that occurs in the family of Julia and Gaius?
6. What do Julia and Gaius decide needs to happen in order for them to be married?
7. What does Caillean decide to promise to Dieda in exchange for her services to the priestesses?
8. What happens to the baby after Gawen is born into the Forest House?
9. What does Ardanos want to do in order to make sure that Eilan is ready for her new role in the house?
10. What is the task that Julia wants Gaius to accomplish before they can agree to marry each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caillean and the others are a part of a long history of priestesses who help the community and support each other.
Part 1: What is the importance of priestesses during this time of history in the book?
Part 2: Describe one of the roles that the priestesses take on as a part of the community.
Part 3: Why do you think the priestesses have been such an important part of the community?
Essay Topic 2
Gaius and Cynric are in a battle with each other and while Gaius seems to be able to kill Cynric, he decides instead to offer him the opportunity to be a hostage - and remain alive.
Part 1: Why do you think Gaius decides to keep Cynric as a hostage?
Part 2: Do you think that Gaius was trying to be merciful or did he feel guilty?
Part 3: How do you think Cynric feels about not being killed in battle?
Essay Topic 3
Gaius is hesitant to share what his background is, as he knows there is bad blood between the Britons and the Romans.
Part 1: Do you think that Gaius should have hidden his background from the others?
Part 2: Why were there bad feelings between the Britons and the Romans?
Part 3: How do you think Gaius might have been treated if the others found out what his background was?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)