|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the battle, who fights under General Agricola, according to the description in the book?
2. What does the Arch Druid counsel Eilan to advise during her trance, according to the book?
3. Who leads the Roman charge when Eilan is in the middle of the rites and is taken by the Goddess?
4. What is the name of the nurse who takes care of the child in the Forest House?
5. Gaius and Julia take lessons in Greek and in formal Latin in order to prepare for their trip to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eilan want Senara to do with her son when she had the vision of Caillean?
2. What does Gaius become so bored with that he decides he wants to leave?
3. What does Eilan's father ask her to do after she has performed the rites of the Oracle?
4. What happens after Eilan learns that the Emperor dead?
5. What is the reason behind Julia not wanting to have any more children with Gaius?
6. What does the Goddess tell Caillean she must do when she asks about her path?
7. What happens to the baby after Gawen is born into the Forest House?
8. What does Ardanos claim about the state of Eilan when he finally talks to Marcellius?
9. What are some of the ways in which Caillean wants to run her new house differently from the Forest House?
10. What happens during the next rites of the Oracle when Eilan takes the trance herbs again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eilan's father wants to avenge the death of his people, so Eilan is left to stay with the priestesses at the Forest house.
Part 1: Why do you think that revenge is on the mind of Eilan's father?
Part 2: Do you think that a person should go after others in revenge?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond when their life and town is destroyed?
Essay Topic 2
At first, there is speculation that Eilan will be killed for having become pregnant. But, instead, Ardanos decides to hide the pregnancy from the others.
Part 1: Why do you think that a person might be killed for having gotten pregnant?
Part 2: How do you think you might respond if you were in Ardanos' shoes and had found out about Eilan?
Part 3: Do you think that Ardanos made the right choice in helping to conceal the pregnancy of Eilan?
Essay Topic 3
The Druids continue to be in control at the priestesses' house, having final say in successors and helping to translate the oracle rites.
Part 1: Why do you think the Druids are so powerful in the lives of the priestesses?
Part 2: Do you think the priestesses should be able to have say in what happens at their house?
Part 3: How do you think the role of the priestesses might change if the Druids were no longer in charge?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)