|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to adopt a young British/Roman girl that the Fellowship of the Raven has asked her to take in?
2. The priestesses of the Forest House appear and choose ________ to enter the program as a priestess.
3. Eilan swears that if she is not allowed to marry Gaius then she will never ____________.
4. Who believes that Gaius has abandoned her and becomes very upset with him?
5. Where does Gaius say that he will return in order to properly ask for Eilan's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Gaius and Eilan come to be able to see each other again, even after so much time has passed?
2. What does Eilan realize about Cynric and his connection to the event that happened at the Tower of Mona?
3. What happens as a result of Caillean telling the truth about her rape many years before?
4. What are some of the things that Cynric thinks of in order to try to keep Dieda from having to be in the training at the priestess house?
5. What is the significance of the name 'Gawen' when Gaius decides to use it to cover up his real identity?
6. What does Cynric tell Gaius about Eilan when they meet again in the beginning of Chapter 13?
7. What is the premonition that Caillean has when she is holding the baby after she is born?
8. What does Marcellius know might happen as a result of his sending a request for Eilan's hand in marriage?
9. What does Gaius learn about Cynric when he begins to learn about his life?
10. What happens when the men in the house try to fix the arm of Gaius?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Julia begins to be more vocal and active about her new faith as a Christian, causing Gaius to turn away from her.
Part 1: Why do you think that Julia suddenly turned to Christianity?
Part 2: How do you think you would react to a spouse's new feelings about a religion?
Part 3: Do you think that Julia is being supportive of her husband with her new lifestyle?
Essay Topic 2
Fathers seem to have a lot of control over their children in this book, causing things to happen or not to happen, depending on their desires.
Part 1: Why do you think fathers have so much power in these relationships?
Part 2: Do you think that mothers should have just as much power in the relationships with their children?
Part 3: How do you think you would respond to the way that the fathers are treating their children in this story?
Essay Topic 3
The Druids continue to be in control at the priestesses' house, having final say in successors and helping to translate the oracle rites.
Part 1: Why do you think the Druids are so powerful in the lives of the priestesses?
Part 2: Do you think the priestesses should be able to have say in what happens at their house?
Part 3: How do you think the role of the priestesses might change if the Druids were no longer in charge?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)