|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does the initiation of the priestesses take place?
2. Who is the priestess that has the dream at the start of the story?
3. What does Caillean throw at the raiders in order to cause them to leave them alone at the house?
4. What does Gaius reveal to his new love which does not make her love him any less?
5. What is the name that Gaius takes on in order to not be discovered for who he truly is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caillean reveal about her past when she is talking with Eilan after the raiders come?
2. What are Eilan and Dieda doing out in the middle of the woods when they are described at the start of the story?
3. What is the dream that Caillean has when the story first opens, of events that happened in the past?
4. What happens as a result of Caillean telling the truth about her rape many years before?
5. What are some of the things that Cynric thinks of in order to try to keep Dieda from having to be in the training at the priestess house?
6. What is the Fellowship of the Raven, as described and seen in this story?
7. What happens when the men in the house try to fix the arm of Gaius?
8. What does Marcellius know might happen as a result of his sending a request for Eilan's hand in marriage?
9. What is the dangerous event that occurs at the Beltane festival, as witnessed by Gaius?
10. What has happened to Eilan's feelings about being the oracle, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At first, there is speculation that Eilan will be killed for having become pregnant. But, instead, Ardanos decides to hide the pregnancy from the others.
Part 1: Why do you think that a person might be killed for having gotten pregnant?
Part 2: How do you think you might respond if you were in Ardanos' shoes and had found out about Eilan?
Part 3: Do you think that Ardanos made the right choice in helping to conceal the pregnancy of Eilan?
Essay Topic 2
Gaius and Cynric are in a battle with each other and while Gaius seems to be able to kill Cynric, he decides instead to offer him the opportunity to be a hostage - and remain alive.
Part 1: Why do you think Gaius decides to keep Cynric as a hostage?
Part 2: Do you think that Gaius was trying to be merciful or did he feel guilty?
Part 3: How do you think Cynric feels about not being killed in battle?
Essay Topic 3
Eilan's father wants to avenge the death of his people, so Eilan is left to stay with the priestesses at the Forest house.
Part 1: Why do you think that revenge is on the mind of Eilan's father?
Part 2: Do you think that a person should go after others in revenge?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond when their life and town is destroyed?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)