|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eilan realizes that ________ might very well have been a child of the tragedy that happened at the tower.
2. Who decided to adopt a young British/Roman girl that the Fellowship of the Raven has asked her to take in?
3. What is Caillean beginning just as Eilan finds out that she is pregnant in the story?
4. The high priestess knows that the villagers will complain about the ________ and the kind of uneasy peace they live in.
5. What country did Caillean leave when she was young, as revealed in her conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Caillean's body just as Eilan announces her own pregnancy?
2. What is the significance of the name 'Gawen' when Gaius decides to use it to cover up his real identity?
3. What are the three visions that Eilan has when she is looking in the pool during her initiation?
4. How do Gaius and Eilan come to be able to see each other again, even after so much time has passed?
5. What does Cynric tell Gaius about Eilan when they meet again in the beginning of Chapter 13?
6. What happens to Lhiannon at the end of this section of the book, which will determine the speed of the next course of events?
7. What are the three promises that Caillean asks of Eilan if she wants to stay at the Forest House?
8. What is the Fellowship of the Raven, as described and seen in this story?
9. What are the duties that Gaius' father Marcellius has to do during a typical day?
10. What does Caillean reveal about her past when she is talking with Eilan after the raiders come?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Caillean had hidden the secret of her rape as she was worried that she might not have been accepted as a priestess if they had found out.
Part 1: Why do you think a priestess would not be accepted if she had been raped?
Part 2: Do you think Caillean should have been more honest about her background?
Part 3: How do you think the priestesses would have responded to Caillean if she had told them about her past?
Essay Topic 2
Julia begins to be more vocal and active about her new faith as a Christian, causing Gaius to turn away from her.
Part 1: Why do you think that Julia suddenly turned to Christianity?
Part 2: How do you think you would react to a spouse's new feelings about a religion?
Part 3: Do you think that Julia is being supportive of her husband with her new lifestyle?
Essay Topic 3
The Druids continue to be in control at the priestesses' house, having final say in successors and helping to translate the oracle rites.
Part 1: Why do you think the Druids are so powerful in the lives of the priestesses?
Part 2: Do you think the priestesses should be able to have say in what happens at their house?
Part 3: How do you think the role of the priestesses might change if the Druids were no longer in charge?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)