|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Druids want the priestesses to be celibate as this will protect the _________ of the Forest House.
2. What is the weather like during the birth of the child, according to the descriptions in the book of the hard labor?
3. What kind of stampede interrupts the Beltane ritual that Gaius is able to see?
4. What did not happen before Caillean was initiated so she was still allowed to be a priestess?
5. What kind of clothes is Gaius happy to be wearing when he is found and helped by others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the men in the house try to fix the arm of Gaius?
2. What is happening to Caillean's body just as Eilan announces her own pregnancy?
3. What does Caillean insist on during the meeting with Gaius and Eilan?
4. What does Marcellius note when Gaius finally returns to his home?
5. What do the girls feel about the priestesses at the Forest House and whether they would like to be a part of the training?
6. What happens as a result of Caillean telling the truth about her rape many years before?
7. What is the Fellowship of the Raven, as described and seen in this story?
8. What is Eilan's response to finding out that her father has turned down the proposal from Gaius?
9. What does Marcellius know might happen as a result of his sending a request for Eilan's hand in marriage?
10. What will Caillean be talking to her priestesses about on the first day in the story, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Eilan's father wants to avenge the death of his people, so Eilan is left to stay with the priestesses at the Forest house.
Part 1: Why do you think that revenge is on the mind of Eilan's father?
Part 2: Do you think that a person should go after others in revenge?
Part 3: How do you think a person should respond when their life and town is destroyed?
Essay Topic 2
The Druids continue to be in control at the priestesses' house, having final say in successors and helping to translate the oracle rites.
Part 1: Why do you think the Druids are so powerful in the lives of the priestesses?
Part 2: Do you think the priestesses should be able to have say in what happens at their house?
Part 3: How do you think the role of the priestesses might change if the Druids were no longer in charge?
Essay Topic 3
Gaius is hesitant to share what his background is, as he knows there is bad blood between the Britons and the Romans.
Part 1: Do you think that Gaius should have hidden his background from the others?
Part 2: Why were there bad feelings between the Britons and the Romans?
Part 3: How do you think Gaius might have been treated if the others found out what his background was?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)