|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaius accidentally kill and then lie about killing during this section of the story?
(c) Pet monkey.
2. What does the Arch Druid counsel Eilan to advise during her trance, according to the book?
3. What does Eilan reveal about what she and Gaius share when Senara shows her new love to Eilan?
(a) They have a son.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are siblings.
4. Caillean wants to keep _______ in the Forest House, as described at the start of this chapter.
5. Who does Dieda believe should not be in the Forest House, thinking it to be a stupid and shameful plan?
(c) Arch Druid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to inaccurately translate some of the words of the priestess during the ritual that nearly kills the priestess?
2. What is the name of the baby who Eilan gives birth to in this section of the story?
3. In the battle, who fights under General Agricola, according to the description in the book?
4. For how long does Eilan want to keep the girls in order to help them adjust?
5. Who tells Marcellius that his granddaughter was raped at the start of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Gawen is born, what is the promise that Gaius makes to Eilan and to his child?
2. What does the Goddess tell Caillean she must do when she asks about her path?
3. What does Senara refuse from Gaius when she is taking the two half-Roman girls to Marcellius?
4. What do Julia and Gaius decide needs to happen in order for them to be married?
5. What does Cynric feel about the offer that Gaius makes to make him a hostage?
6. What does Gaius become so bored with that he decides he wants to leave?
7. What happens during the next rites of the Oracle when Eilan takes the trance herbs again?
8. What is the task that Julia wants Gaius to accomplish before they can agree to marry each other?
9. Why is Gaius called back from his position in Germania?
10. What is the dream that Caillean has at the start of this section, one that disturbs her greatly?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)