|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king can sleep with anyone he chooses at Beltane and he chooses ____________, who becomes pregnant soon after.
2. Marcellius first proposes that Gaius marry the daughter of _________, but Gaius will not be deterred.
3. Dieda tells Cynric that she will never see him again so long as the _________ are his first priority.
4. Whose death does Gaius remember when he comes upon the burned house and the idea of a possible death?
5. What does Gaius' father sell in addition to whey, according to the description at the start of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gaius catch during the stampede, hoping to prevent her from getting hurt?
2. What kind of uniform does Gaius arrive in when he comes along with Crynric?
3. Who does Lhiannon want to summon once the pregnancy and menopause are revealed?
4. What did not happen before Caillean was initiated so she was still allowed to be a priestess?
5. Who has set the rule about chastity, as revealed to Eilan by Caillean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the culmination of the initiation ceremony that the priestesses have at night?
2. What is happening to Caillean's body just as Eilan announces her own pregnancy?
3. What happens to Lhiannon at the end of this section of the book, which will determine the speed of the next course of events?
4. What does Eilan realize about Cynric and his connection to the event that happened at the Tower of Mona?
5. What has happened to Eilan's feelings about being the oracle, according to the book?
6. Why doesn't Caillean want to be a high priestess, as she reveals to Eilan in the story?
7. What is Eilan's response to finding out that her father has turned down the proposal from Gaius?
8. What does Marcellius note when Gaius finally returns to his home?
9. What does Caillean reveal about her past when she is talking with Eilan after the raiders come?
10. What happens when the men in the house try to fix the arm of Gaius?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)