|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals that he is in love with Eilan and then she reveals that she feels the same way?
2. Why are the girls leaving an offering to the Goddess outside in the woods?
(b) No reason.
(c) Their moon cycle.
(d) A new child.
3. Who does Lhiannon want to summon once the pregnancy and menopause are revealed?
4. Eilan talks about how Gaius could have _________ and then they'd be allowed to marry, according to the book.
(a) Kidnapped her.
(b) Bought her.
(c) Trained her.
(d) Slept with her.
5. How many visions does Eilan have during her initiation rites, according to the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the priestess that is serving Lhiannon at the Forest House?
2. What is another name for the Goddess who is revealed to a girl in the pool of water?
3. Who does Gaius catch during the stampede, hoping to prevent her from getting hurt?
4. What does Eilan's grandfather do to her when she is insolent with him after learning of the proposal refusal?
5. Whose spirit are the Arch Druids supposed to represent, according to the descriptions in this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Caillean want to be a high priestess, as she reveals to Eilan in the story?
2. What will Caillean be talking to her priestesses about on the first day in the story, according to the book?
3. What happens to Lhiannon at the end of this section of the book, which will determine the speed of the next course of events?
4. What are some of the things that Cynric thinks of in order to try to keep Dieda from having to be in the training at the priestess house?
5. What does Marcellius know might happen as a result of his sending a request for Eilan's hand in marriage?
6. How do Gaius and Eilan come to be able to see each other again, even after so much time has passed?
7. What do the girls feel about the priestesses at the Forest House and whether they would like to be a part of the training?
8. What does Caillean insist on during the meeting with Gaius and Eilan?
9. What are Eilan and Dieda doing out in the middle of the woods when they are described at the start of the story?
10. What is the dream that Caillean has when the story first opens, of events that happened in the past?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)