|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eilan talks about how Gaius could have _________ and then they'd be allowed to marry, according to the book.
(a) Trained her.
(b) Slept with her.
(c) Kidnapped her.
(d) Bought her.
2. What does Eilan say that she will do in order to protect Gaius and herself from danger?
(a) She will never say anything about the child.
(b) Go back alone.
(c) Go to his home.
(d) She will abort the child.
3. Who decided to adopt a young British/Roman girl that the Fellowship of the Raven has asked her to take in?
4. Who does Caillean tell about her rape once she comes out of solitude?
(b) No one.
5. Who takes to her bed and does not get up again at this point of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dieda use in order to summon Cynric, even though she does so unwillingly?
2. Whose spirit are the Arch Druids supposed to represent, according to the descriptions in this story?
3. Who does Lhiannon want to summon once the pregnancy and menopause are revealed?
4. Who believes that Gaius has abandoned her and becomes very upset with him?
5. Eilan realizes that ________ might very well have been a child of the tragedy that happened at the tower.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girls feel about the priestesses at the Forest House and whether they would like to be a part of the training?
2. What are some of the things that Cynric thinks of in order to try to keep Dieda from having to be in the training at the priestess house?
3. Why doesn't Caillean want to be a high priestess, as she reveals to Eilan in the story?
4. What does Caillean reveal about her past when she is talking with Eilan after the raiders come?
5. What is the Fellowship of the Raven, as described and seen in this story?
6. What is the dream that Caillean has when the story first opens, of events that happened in the past?
7. What are the three promises that Caillean asks of Eilan if she wants to stay at the Forest House?
8. What happens to Lhiannon at the end of this section of the book, which will determine the speed of the next course of events?
9. What happens when the men in the house try to fix the arm of Gaius?
10. What has happened to Eilan's feelings about being the oracle, according to the book?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)