|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction is Gaius sent in order to do army business at the start of this section?
2. Who returns from Ireland from spending time learning poetry and music, then comes back to the Forest House to teach it to others?
3. What does Julia believe is coming as a result of her new beliefs?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The end of her life.
(c) The new wave of goddesses.
4. Who is going to go study with the bards in Ireland after she replaces Eilan?
5. ________ accuses Eilan of being in allegiance to Rome, and even slaps her in the heat of the argument.
6. In the battle, who fights under General Calgacus, according to the description in the book?
7. Who refuses to go away with Gaius when he is sent away at this point of the story?
8. What is thrown along with coins to the beggars as is traditional at a Roman wedding?
9. Who is hanged and then burned while still alive as the ultimate punishment?
10. What does Gaius propose to Eilan, though she is cold and indifferent to him?
(a) A new home.
11. Who travels around, sleeping with several slave girls along the way, according to the book?
(d) No one.
12. What does Eilan change during the next ritual so that she can be in contact with the Goddess, but not in a trance-like state?
(c) Druid priest.
13. Who is to go and start her own house in the Summer Country, according to Eilan?
14. Who kills Cynric for being rude to the high priestess at the time?
15. Where does Marcellius believe that Gaius was during the time that he apparently raped someone?
(b) At home.
(c) In the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to the general and helps the cavalry, charging with the Romans in the scene?
2. What moves Gaius when he sees them at the coliseum, according to the story told in the book?
3. Who does Gaius meet and then eventually decide to marry as it seems they like each other?
4. Gaius tells _______ that he will convert to Christianity and marry her and move to Londonium or Rome.
5. Who does Senara meet along the way on her trip, according to the book?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)