|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcellius believe that Gaius was during the time that he apparently raped someone?
(c) In the market.
(d) At home.
2. What does Julia show to Gaius when he returns and tells her that they can be married to each other?
(b) Baby bump.
(c) Wedding veil.
3. Caillean wants to keep _______ in the Forest House, as described at the start of this chapter.
4. Who dies without naming an heir, according to the story at this point of the book?
(b) Arch Druid.
(d) High Priestess.
5. Who comes to visit Eilan when she is about to given birth, though she is darker and angry?
6. In what direction is Gaius sent in order to do army business at the start of this section?
7. The ritual of the __________ kills some of those who undertake it, which is why it is a fitting test of a new high priestess.
8. What does the Goddess predict at Beltane, which comes true surprisingly quickly?
9. How many children do Gaius and Julia have by the end of the chapter in this section?
10. Who comes to take the baby away from Eilan, though there is already a plan in place to get the baby back?
(a) Arch Druid.
11. What kind of feast is happening at the end of this section of the story?
12. What affects Eilan powerfully during the ritual she must perform for others?
13. Who has escaped from Roman custody, though no one is quite sure where he is at this point of the story?
14. Who begins this section with a dream that she has to cross a shore?
15. What is the image that Eilan sees during her next ritual when Cynric appears?
(a) White horse.
(b) Bloody fish.
(c) Red flag.
(d) Bloody eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Caillean decides that she does not need to run her house the same way and that her house will not serve the _________.
2. Who wishes to stay in order to see Eilan's downfall, even though she is told that she can stay?
3. What does the Arch Druid counsel Eilan to advise during her trance, according to the book?
4. Who refuses to go away with Gaius when he is sent away at this point of the story?
5. What is the name of the nurse who takes care of the child in the Forest House?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)