|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia show to Gaius when he returns and tells her that they can be married to each other?
(a) Wedding veil.
(b) Baby bump.
2. Who tells Marcellius that his granddaughter was raped at the start of Chapter 16?
(d) No one.
3. Who is going to go study with the bards in Ireland after she replaces Eilan?
4. What is thrown along with coins to the beggars as is traditional at a Roman wedding?
5. Who is discovered to be pregnant during this time of the story?
6. Who is the other person besides Caillean who has been seen in the role of the high priestess?
(b) No one.
7. Who does Dieda believe should not be in the Forest House, thinking it to be a stupid and shameful plan?
(a) Arch Druid.
8. Who dies without naming an heir, according to the story at this point of the book?
(b) Arch Druid.
(d) High Priestess.
9. Which of the women does not realize that Lhiannon is dying, according to the book?
10. What is the sex/sexes of the child/children that Gaius and Julia have prematurely?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Two boys.
11. What does Eilan see with Caillean as the high priestess, as told to Caillean after the ritual?
(a) A wading pool.
(c) Glastonbury Tor.
(d) Isle of Apples.
12. Who begins to feel a weakness in her brain and she also begins to wonder if she might die?
13. Who has escaped from Roman custody, though no one is quite sure where he is at this point of the story?
14. Eilan tells the people in a trance that ________ will peak and fall in its own time, according to the book's description.
(b) The Forest House.
15. What does the Arch Druid counsel Eilan to advise during her trance, according to the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is taken to a hut in the woods as she is nearing the end of her pregnancy?
2. What is wrong with Eilan that she cannot perform the rites in the forest and Caillean has to step in?
3. Who has Eilan seen as a high priestess herself, with a group of priestesses around her?
4. Who refuses to go away with Gaius when he is sent away at this point of the story?
5. What does Eilan reveal about what she and Gaius share when Senara shows her new love to Eilan?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)