|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eilan have go with her to a meeting with Cynric, for her own protection?
(c) No one.
2. What is Caillean beginning just as Eilan finds out that she is pregnant in the story?
3. Who does Eilan bump into at the Beltane festival, when she gets lost and is unnerved by the crowds?
4. What color is the hair of the woman who Eilan sees during the vision at the initiation?
5. Who comes to help with the birth as that is one of the roles of the priestesses of the house?
6. What is the name of the festival that is happening during Chapter Four?
7. Caillean has a premonition of a woman with a ________ on her forehead with a baby, according to the book.
8. Who reveals that he is in love with Eilan and then she reveals that she feels the same way?
9. What does Eilan's grandfather do to her when she is insolent with him after learning of the proposal refusal?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Sends her away.
(d) Laughs at her.
10. Marcellius first proposes that Gaius marry the daughter of _________, but Gaius will not be deterred.
11. Who finds that Eilan's house has been burned and charred when they come to find her?
12. What does Eilan say that she will do in order to protect Gaius and herself from danger?
(a) She will abort the child.
(b) Go back alone.
(c) Go to his home.
(d) She will never say anything about the child.
13. What was the reason for the that Gaius has fallen into when he is found in the woods?
14. Gaius still convinces his father to send the proposal to Ardanos, the ________, even though he knows he will refuse.
15. Who believes that Gaius has abandoned her and becomes very upset with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like during the birth of the child, according to the descriptions in the book of the hard labor?
2. What does Eilan decide to do with Gaius, knowing that it will determine her future?
3. Eilan realizes that ________ might very well have been a child of the tragedy that happened at the tower.
4. The high priestess knows that the villagers will complain about the ________ and the kind of uneasy peace they live in.
5. Gaius is revealed to be the Roman son of a __________, as seen by the high priestess.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)