|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eilan decide to do with Gaius, knowing that it will determine her future?
(a) Run away with him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Sleep with him.
2. Who has been captured by the Romans, the man who is the husband of Mairi?
3. At what time of day does the initiation of the priestesses take place?
4. Eilan doesn't know what she will do with her life, but she imagines that she might go to __________ to become a priestess.
(d) Forest House.
5. Eilan swears that if she is not allowed to marry Gaius then she will never ____________.
(b) Be a priestess.
(c) Leave the house.
(d) Love him again.
6. Eilan someone knows what Caillean's original name was, even though Caillean does not. It is _________.
7. What was the reason for the that Gaius has fallen into when he is found in the woods?
8. What do all of the priestesses at the initiation receive on their foreheads at the end of the ceremony?
(a) Crescent moon tattoos.
(d) Sacred oils.
9. Whose death does Gaius remember when he comes upon the burned house and the idea of a possible death?
10. Who has the final say in choosing the replacement for the high priestess, according to the story?
(b) The Roman emperor.
11. Gaius and his father talk about Briton and about how they find it very _________, according to the book.
12. What kind of clothes is Gaius happy to be wearing when he is found and helped by others?
13. What is Caillean beginning just as Eilan finds out that she is pregnant in the story?
14. Who does Eilan bump into at the Beltane festival, when she gets lost and is unnerved by the crowds?
15. Who does not want Dieda to go into the priestess house, and tries to do everything he/she can to stop it from happening?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Druids want the priestesses to be celibate as this will protect the _________ of the Forest House.
2. Whose body has not been found after the raiders have burned the village of Eilan's parents?
3. Caillean, along with Lhiannon, try to recall ________ to avenge the deaths and the destruction.
4. Who is unnerved by the deaths that happen as a result of the stampede, so much so that he faints?
5. Who does Caillean tell about her rape once she comes out of solitude?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)