|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry ask Claire to do after the concert?
2. What do Henry and Will discuss when they walk along the fence, in Chapter 22?
3. What draws Will's attention to Joe?
4. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
5. Where does Henry stop, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
Essay Topic 1
Where does the novel change voices or tones, and what do these shift in voice or tone tell us about the book? How does the prelude, for instance, frame the book by being told from another person's perspective?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Joe's desire to be buried with his relatives a measure of Henry's life? In what ways is it insufficient as a measure of the value of a person's life, to be buried with relatives? What is proposed instead, as a measure of value?
Essay Topic 3
How consistent is 'Fool's Progress'? Do the characterizations established in the first few chapters hold true for the rest of the book? How are any exceptions dealt with? Does the book end close to where it started?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)