Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
2. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
3. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
4. What does Henry find work doing, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
In chapter two, Joe remarks that Henry is in for a troubled life, and Lorraine says that at least it won't be a dull life. In what ways is Henry troubled? In what ways is his life the opposite of dull? (In what ways is he hardly troubled? In what ways is his life dull?)
What does drinking represent in 'Fool's Progress'? What ideas or feelings is it associated with? What is Henry doing by drinking? Celebrating something, hiding something, avoiding something? What is it, and how does Abbey describe it?
In what way is Joe's desire to be buried with his relatives a measure of Henry's life? In what ways is it insufficient as a measure of the value of a person's life, to be buried with relatives? What is proposed instead, as a measure of value?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)