|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
2. What does Henry think might break down before the truck does?
3. What does Joe ask Will for when Will finds him?
4. What does Henry find work doing, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. Who does Henry think about when he arrives in St. Louis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry Lightcap seems to be educated to simple folk and uneducated to people like Elaine, who are experts. How much does Edward Abbey value education and expertise in 'Fool's Progress'? Where is it important? Where is it shunned?
Essay Topic 2
Henry Lightcap is a Hedonist of the first order--how does Abbey feel about sensual pleasures, and is there a contradiction in *reading* about pleasures of the flesh?
Essay Topic 3
Henry and Elaine argue about Elaine not having orgasms. If orgasms are not the goal of Henry's treatment of women, what is? What fulfillments does he offer a woman? What does he offer instead of orgasms?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)