|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and Myra do when he gets to New York?
2. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
3. When does Chapter 22 take place?
4. Where does Claire go to college?
5. How does Henry arrive into Illinois?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
2. What does Henry lose on his way home?
3. Describe Joe's funeral.
4. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
5. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
6. Why does Henry almost not go home?
7. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
8. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
9. Why does Henry return to New York?
10. What had Will done in the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assess the value of Henry Lightcap's lifestyle. Is it a desirable lifestyle? Is it undesirable? Why? What are the pleasures Henry knows, and what are the consequences of those pleasures? Would this lifestyle be right for you? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Joe's desire to be buried with his relatives a measure of Henry's life? In what ways is it insufficient as a measure of the value of a person's life, to be buried with relatives? What is proposed instead, as a measure of value?
Essay Topic 3
Write a review that assesses the value of 'Fool's Progress.' What does the book do that is different from what it sets out to do? Is there a moral, and if so, what does it teach? Is it a cautionary tale?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)