Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
2. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
3. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
4. What does Henry find work doing, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
Write a review that assesses the value of 'Fool's Progress.' What does the book do that is different from what it sets out to do? Is there a moral, and if so, what does it teach? Is it a cautionary tale?
Assess the value of Henry Lightcap's lifestyle. Is it a desirable lifestyle? Is it undesirable? Why? What are the pleasures Henry knows, and what are the consequences of those pleasures? Would this lifestyle be right for you? Why or why not?
Assess the claim that in Henry Lightcap, Edward Abbey is dramatizing Thoreau's instruction to 'simplify, simplify, simplify'? In what ways is Henry Lightcap simplifying his life? In what ways is he always complicating it? What is the value of the simplicity he espouses?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)