|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
2. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
3. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
4. What does Henry find work doing, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
Essay Topic 1
Henry Lightcap is a Hedonist of the first order--how does Abbey feel about sensual pleasures, and is there a contradiction in *reading* about pleasures of the flesh?
Essay Topic 2
Assess the value of Henry Lightcap's lifestyle. Is it a desirable lifestyle? Is it undesirable? Why? What are the pleasures Henry knows, and what are the consequences of those pleasures? Would this lifestyle be right for you? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where does the novel change voices or tones, and what do these shift in voice or tone tell us about the book? How does the prelude, for instance, frame the book by being told from another person's perspective?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)