|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry plan to stop on his way to his job?
2. What does Will's house have?
3. Where does Henry stop, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. Where is Henry when he calls Claire, at the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
2. What does Henry lose on his way home?
3. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
4. What are Henry's fears about going home?
5. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
6. What does Henry dream in the postlude?
7. How does Claire die?
8. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
9. Describe Joe's death.
10. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How important is Henry's childhood on the events that followed? What aspects of it were most formative? What formative influences did he feel later in life?
Essay Topic 2
What are Abbey's feelings about women? Are there women who make exceptions to his general feelings? What role does feminism play in 'Fool's Progress'? In what ways are women powerful creatures, who are already in charge of things?
Essay Topic 3
What is Henry's relationship with his family? In what ways is he a misfit? In what ways is he one of them?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)