|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jenny?
2. What does Joe feel about Will joining the military?
3. What does Henry think about doing while he is driving?
4. Where does Henry find himself, in Chapter 7?
5. What is Blacklick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's relationship with the landscape?
2. Describe Henry's arrival at Van Hoss's place.
3. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
4. Why does Joe spank Henry?
5. How does Henry get across the country without much money?
6. Describe Henry's relationship with his brother Will.
7. Why doesn't Henry qualify as a marksman?
8. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
9. Describe Henry's relationships at the beginning of the novel.
10. What do Henry's parents say about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry and Elaine argue about Elaine not having orgasms. If orgasms are not the goal of Henry's treatment of women, what is? What fulfillments does he offer a woman? What does he offer instead of orgasms?
Essay Topic 2
Write a review that assesses the value of 'Fool's Progress.' What does the book do that is different from what it sets out to do? Is there a moral, and if so, what does it teach? Is it a cautionary tale?
Essay Topic 3
What is Henry Lightcap's best relationship in 'Fool's Progress', and what makes it dearest to him? What relation does this relationship have with his other relationships?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)