|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Henry and his brother lose their pay?
2. Who is Jenny?
3. What does Henry find when he wakes up after the party?
4. What does Henry hear when he wakes up, in Chapter 3?
5. When is the time period of the scenes Henry remembers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
2. How would you characterize Henry Lightcap's relationships with women?
3. Describe Will's decision to fight in WWII and its effect on the family.
4. What is Henry's plan when he sets out on his trip?
5. What are Henry's thoughts when he muses on death, in chapter 17?
6. What is Henry's interaction with Don Williams?
7. What does Henry learn from his military experience?
8. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
9. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
10. What is Grace's opinion of Henry's relationship with Claire?
Essay Topic 1
Henry Lightcap is a Hedonist of the first order--how does Abbey feel about sensual pleasures, and is there a contradiction in *reading* about pleasures of the flesh?
Essay Topic 2
Henry and Elaine argue about Elaine not having orgasms. If orgasms are not the goal of Henry's treatment of women, what is? What fulfillments does he offer a woman? What does he offer instead of orgasms?
Essay Topic 3
What is Henry Lightcap's best relationship in 'Fool's Progress', and what makes it dearest to him? What relation does this relationship have with his other relationships?
This section contains 1,338 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)