|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the job Bat Lanahan found for him?
(d) Pleasant enough.
2. Who helps Will dig Joe's grave?
(a) Old Dan.
(b) Van Hoss.
(d) Bill Gatlin.
3. What do Henry and Myra do when he gets to New York?
(a) Sail to Europe.
(c) Make love.
(d) Drive to Maine.
4. What is Henry afraid of bringing to Will?
(a) His stories.
(b) His memories.
(c) His troubles.
(d) His dog.
5. What does Grace think of Henry?
(a) He is a loafer.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is a good catch for Claire.
(d) He is misdirected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is James Killoran?
2. Who is the father of Myra's baby?
3. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
4. When is Henry let go from his job?
5. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
2. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
3. Why does Henry return to New York?
4. What does Myra ask Henry to do about her pregnancy?
5. What are Henry's thoughts when he muses on death, in chapter 17?
6. What had Will done in the war?
7. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
8. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
9. How does Claire die?
10. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)