|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
(a) That he'll take the damages out of Henry's pay.
(b) Henry lost the job already.
(c) That this happens all the time.
(d) Henry's story was logical enough.
2. Why does Lorraine call Will, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Henry is in jail.
(b) Will's son is injured.
(c) Joe is in jail.
(d) Joe has not come home from lumbering.
3. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A strong drink.
(b) A hit from a joint.
(c) A pain pill.
(d) A shot of morphine.
4. What does Will's house have?
(a) Baseboard heating.
(b) A phone.
(d) Indoor plumbing.
5. What does Joe die of?
(b) Internal bleeding.
(c) Organ failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace think of Henry?
2. Where does Henry find work after New York?
3. Why doesn'tt Henry meet Claire in Denver before she leaves for college?
4. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
5. Where does Claire go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Grace's opinion of Henry's relationship with Claire?
2. Why does Henry return to New York?
3. How does Claire die?
4. Why does Henry almost not go home?
5. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
6. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
7. What gets Henry out of New York?
8. Describe Solstice's death.
9. What does Henry think about finding the job of forest ranger?
10. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)