|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
2. Why does Claire say she cannot have a relationship with Henry?
(a) He is too violent.
(b) He is drinking too much.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is religious.
3. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
(b) Claire's landlord.
4. What happens when Henry tries to buy oil with his card, in Chapter 23?
(a) He is retained.
(b) He is refused.
(c) The clerk lets him go.
(d) He is arrested.
5. For how long do Joe and Will hardly speak?
(c) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire pick Henry up?
2. What draws Will's attention to Joe?
3. What does Henry almost say to James Killoran when Killoran confronts him?
4. Who is Grace?
5. What does Claire invite Henry to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
2. What is the farm like when Will comes back from the war, and what does he do to take over?
3. What does Henry dream in the postlude?
4. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
5. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
6. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
7. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
8. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
9. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
10. Describe Joe's death.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)