|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Henry work as a forest ranger?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two summers.
(d) Ten years.
2. Where does Bat Lanahan find Henry a job?
(a) The Department of Public Works.
(b) The Highway Department.
(c) The Welfare Department.
(d) The Education Department.
3. What does Claire tell Henry she thinks about him?
(a) He isn't really coming.
(b) He is too good for her.
(c) He is going to be too passionate.
(d) He isn't serious.
4. When is Henry let go from his job?
(a) Half-way through the season.
(b) At the end of the season.
(c) On his second day.
(d) Halfway through the off-season.
5. What does Grace think of Henry?
(a) He is misdirected.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is a loafer.
(d) He is a good catch for Claire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lorraine call Will, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. Why doesn't Henry get the message that Claire can't make their meeting?
3. Where is Henry's pain in the present?
4. Who is James Killoran?
5. What does Will despise when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
2. What gets Henry out of New York?
3. Describe Solstice's death.
4. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
5. Why does Henry return to New York?
6. What are Henry's fears about going home?
7. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
8. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
9. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
10. What does Henry lose on his way home?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)