|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
(a) That this happens all the time.
(b) That he'll take the damages out of Henry's pay.
(c) Henry's story was logical enough.
(d) Henry lost the job already.
2. What does Henry find work doing, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(c) Highway department foreman.
(d) Park ranger.
3. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
(c) Telephone poles.
(d) Man-made lakes.
4. Where does Claire go when she leaves Denver?
(c) New York.
(d) Rhode Island.
5. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Grace?
2. What does Grace think of Henry?
3. What does Grace tell Henry she thinks of him when she calls him?
4. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
5. Where does Henry go after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joe's funeral.
2. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
3. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
4. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
5. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
6. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
7. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
8. What is the farm like when Will comes back from the war, and what does he do to take over?
9. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
10. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)