|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe die of?
(a) Internal bleeding.
(d) Organ failure.
2. What does Henry believe he has found in this job?
(a) A calling.
(b) A hell.
(c) An escape.
(d) His wife.
3. Where does Will find Joe?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a ditch.
(c) Crushed under a tree.
(d) In a small cell.
4. What does Will say when Henry asks him why he threw the thing into Joe's grave?
(a) He knew that Joe wouldn't want anyone else to have it.
(b) He saved all the working parts from the thing.
(c) He didn't want to see the thing around.
(d) He wanted Joe to have it.
5. What does Myra give Henry after he leaves New York?
(b) His letters to her.
(c) Divorce papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lorraine call Will, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
3. Who helps Will dig Joe's grave?
4. How is Solstice looking, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. What does Claire invite Henry to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
2. How does Claire die?
3. What had Will done in the war?
4. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
5. What does Henry lose on his way home?
6. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
7. Describe Solstice's death.
8. What does Myra ask Henry to do about her pregnancy?
9. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
10. Describe Joe's funeral.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)