|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Henry keep walking when he sees his family, in Chapter 26?
(a) He is too ashamed of himself to join them.
(b) He doesn't feel well enough to join them.
(c) His brother chases him away.
(d) He doesn't want to bring them his troubles.
2. What do Henry and Myra do when he gets to New York?
(a) Make love.
(b) Sail to Europe.
(c) Drive to Maine.
3. Why does Lorraine call Will, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Joe is in jail.
(b) Joe has not come home from lumbering.
(c) Will's son is injured.
(d) Henry is in jail.
4. Who is James Killoran?
(a) Henry's drinking companion.
(b) Henry's client.
(c) Henry's assistant.
(d) Henry's boss.
5. What does Myra give Henry after he leaves New York?
(a) His letters to her.
(d) Divorce papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry remember, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
2. Who is the father of Myra's baby?
3. What does Myra say when Henry calls to ask her to run away with him, in Chapter 23?
4. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
5. For how long do Joe and Will hardly speak?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)