|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire invite Henry to?
(a) A dance performance.
(b) A reading.
(c) A concert.
(d) An art opening.
2. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A strong drink.
(b) A shot of morphine.
(c) A pain pill.
(d) A hit from a joint.
3. What does Henry remember, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) His work at the forest ranger's station.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) Myra's divorcing him.
(d) His father's death.
4. What does Will find when he returns from the war?
(a) His parents dead and gone.
(b) His girlfriend married.
(c) Henry in jail.
(d) The farm in ruins.
5. What happens when Henry tries to buy oil with his card, in Chapter 23?
(a) He is retained.
(b) The clerk lets him go.
(c) He is refused.
(d) He is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe ask Will for when Will finds him?
2. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
3. How does Claire pick Henry up?
4. What does Henry remember about working with Joe?
5. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry lose on his way home?
2. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
3. What does Henry think about finding the job of forest ranger?
4. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
5. How does Claire die?
6. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
7. Describe Solstice's death.
8. What gets Henry out of New York?
9. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
10. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)