|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Claire go when she leaves Denver?
(a) Rhode Island.
(d) New York.
2. How long is Henry determined to work for?
(a) As little as possible.
(b) Three days a week.
(c) The rest of a long life.
(d) Six months a year.
3. What happens when Henry tries to buy oil with his card, in Chapter 23?
(a) The clerk lets him go.
(b) He is refused.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is retained.
4. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
(a) Henry lost the job already.
(b) That he'll take the damages out of Henry's pay.
(c) Henry's story was logical enough.
(d) That this happens all the time.
5. Where does Will find work after returning from the war?
(b) Building roads.
(d) Driving trucks for the lumber company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry find work after New York?
2. What does Henry say is still the same as when he was a boy?
3. Who does Henry think about when he arrives in St. Louis?
4. Where is Henry when he calls Claire, at the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. What does Henry almost say to James Killoran when Killoran confronts him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
2. What are Henry's fears about going home?
3. Why does Henry almost not go home?
4. How does Claire die?
5. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
6. What is Grace's opinion of Henry's relationship with Claire?
7. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
8. What does Henry think about finding the job of forest ranger?
9. What gets Henry out of New York?
10. Describe Joe's death.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)