|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think might break down before the truck does?
(d) The road.
2. What was Henry swerving to avoid when he causes the accident?
(a) A car.
(b) A man.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Joe die of?
(a) Internal bleeding.
(d) Organ failure.
4. How long had it been since Henry and Myra have been together when Henry arrives in New York?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two years.
(d) A year.
5. What has Will given up farming for?
(a) Selling insurance.
(c) Running a store.
(d) Working in a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry find work after New York?
2. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
3. What does the preacher talk about at Joe's funeral?
4. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
5. Who helps Will dig Joe's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the farm like when Will comes back from the war, and what does he do to take over?
2. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
3. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
4. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
5. Describe Solstice's death.
6. Why does Henry return to New York?
7. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
8. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
9. What had Will done in the war?
10. How does Claire die?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)