|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say he is bringing to Will?
(a) His last manuscript.
(b) His savings.
(c) His will.
(d) His secret.
2. Where is Henry when he calls Claire, at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(c) Santa Fe.
(d) New York.
3. What does Claire tell Henry she thinks about him?
(a) He isn't really coming.
(b) He is going to be too passionate.
(c) He is too good for her.
(d) He isn't serious.
4. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(c) Muir Woods.
(d) Mt. Rushmore.
5. When does Chapter 22 take place?
(a) After Myra's death.
(b) After Joe's death.
(c) After Lorraine's death.
(d) After Claire's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the preacher talk about at Joe's funeral?
2. Why doesn't Henry get the message that Claire can't make their meeting?
3. What does Henry think might break down before the truck does?
4. Where is Joe buried?
5. Where does Bat Lanahan find Henry a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
2. What does Henry lose on his way home?
3. What had Will done in the war?
4. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
5. How does Claire die?
6. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
7. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
8. Why does Henry almost not go home?
9. What are Henry's thoughts when he muses on death, in chapter 17?
10. Describe Joe's funeral.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)