|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
(a) The history of the land.
(c) The fragility of the ecosystem.
2. Why does Henry keep walking when he sees his family, in Chapter 26?
(a) He is too ashamed of himself to join them.
(b) He doesn't feel well enough to join them.
(c) His brother chases him away.
(d) He doesn't want to bring them his troubles.
3. What does Henry plan to do when he meets Claire?
(a) Take her for a drive.
(b) Take her to the theatre.
(c) Take her for a picnic.
(d) Abduct her.
4. Where does Will find Joe?
(a) In a bar.
(b) Crushed under a tree.
(c) In a small cell.
(d) In a ditch.
5. When is Henry let go from his job?
(a) On his second day.
(b) Half-way through the season.
(c) Halfway through the off-season.
(d) At the end of the season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire pick Henry up?
2. For how long do Joe and Will hardly speak?
3. Where does Henry go after the funeral?
4. Where are Henry and Claire married?
5. Where does Henry find work in New York at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Solstice's death.
2. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
3. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
4. Why does Henry almost not go home?
5. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
6. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
7. What had Will done in the war?
8. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
9. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
10. Describe Joe's death.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)