|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the father of Myra's baby?
(a) A painter.
(b) A married man.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A writer.
2. Where does Henry plan to stop on his way to his job?
(a) Stump Creek.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) The Canadian River.
3. What augury does Henry find in the hotel, in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Something about death and transformation.
(b) Something about cats and water.
(c) Something about the river and time.
(d) Something about help from the hills.
4. Where does Claire agree to meet Henry?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) Stump Creek.
(c) Glenwood Springs.
(d) New York.
5. What does Claire invite Henry to?
(a) A concert.
(b) A reading.
(c) A dance performance.
(d) An art opening.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry feel about the job Bat Lanahan found for him?
2. Where is Henry when he calls Claire, at the beginning of Chapter 20?
3. Who is James Killoran?
4. Where does Henry find work after New York?
5. What does Will say when he sees Henry on the tracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
2. What are Henry's fears about going home?
3. What is Grace's opinion of Henry's relationship with Claire?
4. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
5. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
6. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
7. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
8. What does Henry dream in the postlude?
9. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
10. Describe Solstice's death.
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)