|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry think about when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Lewis and Clark.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
(a) Telephone poles.
(c) Man-made lakes.
3. What does Myra ask Henry to do for her?
(a) Help her get an abortion.
(b) Give her money.
(c) Help her find the father.
(d) Act as the father to the baby she's pregnant with.
4. Why does Henry keep walking when he sees his family, in Chapter 26?
(a) He doesn't want to bring them his troubles.
(b) He is too ashamed of himself to join them.
(c) His brother chases him away.
(d) He doesn't feel well enough to join them.
5. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A hit from a joint.
(b) A strong drink.
(c) A pain pill.
(d) A shot of morphine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it been since Henry and Myra have been together when Henry arrives in New York?
2. When does Chapter 22 take place?
3. Where does Henry have his interview?
4. What augury does Henry find in the hotel, in the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What do Henry and Will discuss when they walk along the fence, in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Henry's fears about going home?
2. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
3. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
4. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
5. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
6. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
7. What does Henry lose on his way home?
8. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
9. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
10. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)