|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace tell Henry she thinks of him when she calls him?
(a) That he is a good man.
(b) That he did his best.
(c) That he is dangerous.
(d) That he is a victim.
2. What does Myra ask Henry to do for her?
(a) Help her get an abortion.
(b) Act as the father to the baby she's pregnant with.
(c) Help her find the father.
(d) Give her money.
3. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
(d) Claire's landlord.
4. What does Claire tell Henry she thinks about him?
(a) He is too good for her.
(b) He isn't really coming.
(c) He is going to be too passionate.
(d) He isn't serious.
5. Where does Myra go to when she leaves Henry?
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry arrive into Illinois?
2. What does Henry think will happen when he dies?
3. What does Henry ask Claire to do after the concert?
4. What does Joe die of?
5. Where does Will find work after returning from the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Henry's thoughts when he muses on death, in chapter 17?
2. What does Henry lose on his way home?
3. Describe Henry's visit to Denver to see Claire.
4. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
5. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
6. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
7. Describe Joe's death.
8. Why does Henry return to New York?
9. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
10. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)