|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What augury does Henry find in the hotel, in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) Something about the river and time.
(b) Something about death and transformation.
(c) Something about help from the hills.
(d) Something about cats and water.
2. What does Henry almost say to James Killoran when Killoran confronts him?
(a) I quit.
(b) You're fired.
(c) Everything's going to be alright.
(d) Just kill yourself.
3. What does Will say when he sees Henry on the tracks?
(a) That no one told him to leave.
(b) He yells at him about his faults.
(c) That they don't want to see him again.
(d) He gives him some money for the road.
4. How does Claire pick Henry up?
(a) She asked for directions.
(b) She asked him for a light.
(c) She asked for a Band-Aid.
(d) She asked him to sleep with her.
5. Where does Will find work after returning from the war?
(a) Building roads.
(c) Driving trucks for the lumber company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bat Lanahan find Henry a job?
2. Where does Henry go after the funeral?
3. What has Will given up farming for?
4. Where is Henry when he calls Claire, at the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. What does Joe ask Will for when Will finds him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joe's funeral.
2. What gets Henry out of New York?
3. What are Henry's fears about going home?
4. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
5. Why does Henry almost not go home?
6. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
7. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
8. Describe Solstice's death.
9. Why does Henry return to New York?
10. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)