|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry find work after New York?
(c) A park.
2. What does Henry do after Claire does not show up?
(a) Write her a furious letter.
(b) Kick in the door of his truck.
(c) Call Grace and curse her out.
(d) Get drunk.
3. Where does Henry stop, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(c) Mt. Rushmore.
(d) Muir Woods.
5. What does Claire tell Henry she thinks about him?
(a) He is too good for her.
(b) He isn't really coming.
(c) He isn't serious.
(d) He is going to be too passionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry believe he has found in this job?
2. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
3. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
4. What does the preacher talk about at Joe's funeral?
5. Who is the father of Myra's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry dream in the postlude?
2. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
3. Why does Henry return to New York?
4. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
5. What does Henry think about finding the job of forest ranger?
6. What are Henry's fears about going home?
7. Describe Joe's death.
8. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
9. What are Henry's thoughts when he muses on death, in chapter 17?
10. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)