|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry go after the funeral?
(a) To Myra.
(b) He stayed on the farm.
(c) Back to the West.
(d) To New York.
2. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
(a) He may not be able to help.
(b) He refuses to help.
(c) He will find the father.
(d) He can help.
3. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(a) Muir Woods.
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(d) Mt. Rushmore.
4. What does Will find when he returns from the war?
(a) His parents dead and gone.
(b) His girlfriend married.
(c) Henry in jail.
(d) The farm in ruins.
5. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A shot of morphine.
(b) A hit from a joint.
(c) A pain pill.
(d) A strong drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
2. How does Claire pick Henry up?
3. What does Grace tell Henry she thinks of him when she calls him?
4. How does Henry arrive into Illinois?
5. Why does Lorraine call Will, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry almost not go home?
2. What does Henry lose on his way home?
3. Describe Joe's death.
4. Why does Henry return to New York?
5. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
6. Describe Henry's state, in Chapter 13, as he drives eastward.
7. What does Henry dream in the postlude?
8. What gets Henry out of New York?
9. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
10. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)