|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry remember, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) Myra's divorcing him.
(c) His work at the forest ranger's station.
(d) His father's death.
2. What does Will say when he sees Henry on the tracks?
(a) He yells at him about his faults.
(b) He gives him some money for the road.
(c) That they don't want to see him again.
(d) That no one told him to leave.
3. Where does Claire agree to meet Henry?
(a) Stump Creek.
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Glenwood Springs.
4. What is Henry afraid of bringing to Will?
(a) His dog.
(b) His troubles.
(c) His memories.
(d) His stories.
5. What draws Will's attention to Joe?
(a) A crow.
(b) A woodpecker.
(c) A mourning dove.
(d) A sapsucker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claire go to college?
2. What happens after Joe's funeral?
3. Why does Henry keep walking when he sees his family, in Chapter 26?
4. What does Henry think might break down before the truck does?
5. What does Claire invite Henry to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
2. Describe the scene in which Henry met Claire.
3. Describe Solstice's death.
4. What is Henry's experience finding work in New York?
5. What is the farm like when Will comes back from the war, and what does he do to take over?
6. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
7. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
8. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
9. What augury does Henry find on his trip?
10. Why does Henry return to New York?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)