|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Henry's pain in the present?
(a) His head.
(b) His legs.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His back.
2. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
(b) Claire's landlord.
3. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
(a) The history of the land.
(b) The fragility of the ecosystem.
4. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(a) Muir Woods.
(b) The Grand Canyon.
(d) Mt. Rushmore.
5. What has Will given up farming for?
(a) Selling insurance.
(c) Running a store.
(d) Working in a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry plan to stop on his way to his job?
2. Why does Lorraine call Will, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. Why doesn'tt Henry meet Claire in Denver before she leaves for college?
4. Who does Henry think about when he arrives in St. Louis?
5. What does the preacher talk about at Joe's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Grace's opinion of Henry's relationship with Claire?
2. Why does Henry return to New York?
3. Describe Solstice's death.
4. What happens to Henry and Claire's daughter?
5. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
6. What does Henry think about finding the job of forest ranger?
7. What had Will done in the war?
8. Why does Henry almost not go home?
9. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
10. How does Claire die?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)