|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe pay Henry and his brother for?
(b) Stealing coal.
(c) Planting potatoes.
(d) Hunting rabbits.
2. What does Henry plan to do, after entertaining his memories?
(a) Call Melanie.
(b) Go to his brother's.
(c) Visit his parents.
(d) Call Elaine.
3. How does Henry see the landscape when he arrives in Albuquerque?
(a) Tended and beautiful.
(b) Torn and broken.
(c) Abandoned and wasted.
(d) Developed and prosperous.
4. Where does Henry find himself, in Chapter 7?
(a) Navajo country.
(b) The Appalachian Mountains.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) Hopi reservation.
5. Where does Henry know he needs to return to?
(a) His first wife.
(b) His parents' home.
(c) His brother's place.
(d) His mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's dog's name?
2. Why did Henry begin hitchhiking?
3. Where is Henry sent instead of Japan?
4. Where does Henry decide to travel to with his dog?
5. Who is Red Ginter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you characterize Henry Lightcap's relationships with women?
2. Describe Henry's visit with Bildad.
3. Describe Henry's relationship with his brother Will.
4. Who is Roggoway, and what is Henry's interaction with him?
5. How does Henry fall in love with the West?
6. Describe Henry's housewarming party.
7. Why does Joe spank Henry?
8. Why doesn't Henry qualify as a marksman?
9. What is Henry's interaction with Don Williams?
10. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)