|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
(d) Gas heat.
2. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
(a) The nuclear reactor.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The iron mills.
(d) The loss of beauty in the land.
3. What does Joe pay Henry and his brother for?
(a) Stealing coal.
(b) Hunting rabbits.
(c) Planting potatoes.
4. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
5. Where does Henry get a job?
(a) The highway department.
(b) The Department of Education.
(c) The gas station.
(d) The nuclear plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Henry sent instead of Japan?
2. How did the game Henry and Will and their friends played against their rivals end?
3. What is the literary device called in which Henry remembers therapy with Elaine?
4. What field was Henry studying?
5. Who does Henry wake up with after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry's routine for his road trip?
2. What does Henry think about cooking, and Elaine's cooking in particular?
3. Who is Red Ginter and what role does he play in Henry Lightcap's childhood?
4. Why does Joe spank Henry?
5. What is Henry's relationship with the landscape?
6. Describe Henry's house in El Culito.
7. Describe Henry's relationships at the beginning of the novel.
8. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
9. Describe Henry's dinner with Van Hoss.
10. How does Henry get across the country without much money?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)