|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe pay Henry and his brother for?
(a) Stealing coal.
(b) Planting potatoes.
(c) Hunting rabbits.
2. What does Henry's committee say about his thesis?
(a) He is finished.
(b) He is being charged with plagiarism.
(c) He will have to make revisions.
(d) He no longer has a future as a professor.
3. How long does Henry ask Myra to suspend judgment for?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
4. When is the time period of the scenes Henry remembers?
5. How did the game Henry and Will and their friends played against their rivals end?
(a) Henry's team won.
(b) In a tie.
(c) The game was never finished.
(d) The rival team won.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Henry's primary love in high school?
2. What is Myra's response to the building she and Henry arrive at?
3. Who gave Henry his first ride?
4. What does Joe warn Henry not to do?
5. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 3, after remembering his birth and family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Joe spank Henry?
2. Describe Henry's house in El Culito.
3. Describe Joe's funeral.
4. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
5. What is Henry's routine for his road trip?
6. What does Henry think about cooking, and Elaine's cooking in particular?
7. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
8. What happens when Henry calls in to work?
9. What does Myra ask Henry to do about her pregnancy?
10. Why doesn't Henry qualify as a marksman?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)