|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Henry get a job?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The highway department.
(c) The nuclear plant.
(d) The Department of Education.
2. What does Henry decide to do to soothe his nerves?
(a) Bake bread.
(b) Call his second wife.
(c) Shoot the television.
(d) Call his mistress.
3. Where are Henry and Myra arriving, in the scene Henry remembers, in Chapter 10?
(a) Their new home.
(b) Their home away from home.
(c) Their temporary home.
(d) The cabin where they were visiting.
4. What does Henry hear when he wakes up, in Chapter 3?
(a) Melanie's voice.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Military helicopters.
(d) Elaine's voice.
5. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
(a) Henry's car.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) Myra's art.
(d) The house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Myra when Henry wakes up after the party?
2. Why is Henry punished with nightly drills?
3. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
4. What was Henry's primary love in high school?
5. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Henry qualify as a marksman?
2. Describe Henry's interview with Gibbs Pratt.
3. What does Henry think about cooking, and Elaine's cooking in particular?
4. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
5. What happens when Henry calls in to work?
6. What does Henry think about finding the job of forest ranger?
7. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
8. When and why does Henry begin hitchhiking?
9. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
10. Describe Joe's funeral.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)