|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's committee say about his thesis?
(a) He is finished.
(b) He is being charged with plagiarism.
(c) He will have to make revisions.
(d) He no longer has a future as a professor.
2. Why is Henry punished with nightly drills?
(a) For asking why he was going to war.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For disobedience.
(d) For incompetence.
3. Where is Henry's home away from home?
(a) The Dew Drop Inn.
(b) The Library.
(c) The Crossroads Bar.
(d) The Dirty Shame Saloon.
4. What is Blacklick?
(a) A local restaurant.
(b) A hunting ground.
(c) A rival team.
(d) A nearby town.
5. What does Henry do in his irritation?
(a) Shoots the refrigerator.
(b) Shoots his neighbor's window.
(c) Shoots the window.
(d) Shoots the television.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry think of as he nears Albuquerque?
2. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 7?
3. When did Henry begin hitchhiking?
4. What does Henry think about when he stops to go to the bathroom, in Chapter 5?
5. Where is Myra when Henry wakes up after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you characterize Henry Lightcap's relationships with women?
2. What does Henry think about cooking, and Elaine's cooking in particular?
3. Describe Henry's relationship with his brother Will.
4. Describe Henry's housewarming party.
5. What is Henry's experience of the war like?
6. Describe Henry's relationships at the beginning of the novel.
7. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
8. What happens when Henry calls in to work?
9. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
10. How does Henry get across the country without much money?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)