|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry's committee say about his thesis?
(a) He is finished.
(b) He no longer has a future as a professor.
(c) He is being charged with plagiarism.
(d) He will have to make revisions.
2. What is Henry's dog's name?
3. Why can't Don Williams drink any more?
(a) Court orders.
(b) Deadly allergy.
(c) He took a vow.
(d) Irritable colon.
4. What does Henry decide to do to soothe his nerves?
(a) Call his mistress.
(b) Shoot the television.
(c) Bake bread.
(d) Call his second wife.
5. What does Henry lament in Chapter 7?
(a) His family.
(b) The eradication of the Indians.
(c) The destruction of the landscape.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Henry his first ride?
2. How much does Don Williams give Henry?
3. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
4. What illness does Henry's dog have?
5. Where are Henry and Myra arriving, in the scene Henry remembers, in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's housewarming party.
2. What is Henry's plan when he sets out on his trip?
3. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
4. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
5. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank?
6. Describe Henry's relationship with his brother Will.
7. What is Henry's relationship with the landscape?
8. How does Henry get across the country without much money?
9. Who is Red Ginter and what role does he play in Henry Lightcap's childhood?
10. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)