|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first guest at Henry's housewarming party?
(a) Van Hoss.
2. What is Blacklick?
(a) A nearby town.
(b) A rival team.
(c) A local restaurant.
(d) A hunting ground.
3. What does Henry think about when he stops to go to the bathroom, in Chapter 5?
(a) The grace of God.
(b) His need for sex.
(c) The inhumanity of man.
(d) The beauty of the landscape.
4. Where is Henry Lightcap when the novel begins?
(b) Playing in the woods.
(c) At home.
5. Why can't Don Williams drink any more?
(a) Court orders.
(b) Deadly allergy.
(c) He took a vow.
(d) Irritable colon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
2. What does Joe pay Henry and his brother for?
3. Where is Henry's home away from home?
4. Who is Don Williams?
5. Who is Elaine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Henry's parents say about him?
2. When and why does Henry begin hitchhiking?
3. Describe Will's decision to fight in WWII and its effect on the family.
4. Describe Henry's dinner with Van Hoss.
5. What does Van Hoss tell Henry about Bildad?
6. How does Henry fall in love with the West?
7. What happens in the prelude?
8. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
9. Describe Henry's house in El Culito.
10. How would you characterize Henry Lightcap's relationships with women?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)