|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Henry's father doing in the scene Henry remembers?
(c) Watching the birth.
2. Who is Elaine?
(a) Henry's second wife.
(b) Henry's mistress.
(c) Henry's first wife.
(d) Henry's third wife.
3. What illness did Jenny's adopted daughter have as an infant?
(a) Fetal alcohol syndrome.
(b) Lyme disease.
(c) Muscular dystrophy.
4. Where is Henry sent instead of Japan?
5. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
(a) The nuclear reactor.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The loss of beauty in the land.
(d) The iron mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Henry and his brother lose their pay?
2. How did the game Henry and Will and their friends played against their rivals end?
3. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
4. Where is Henry Lightcap when the novel begins?
5. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
2. What does Henry think about cooking, and Elaine's cooking in particular?
3. What happens when Henry calls in to work?
4. What is Henry's routine for his road trip?
5. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
6. Describe Henry's relationships at the beginning of the novel.
7. What is Henry's plan when he sets out on his trip?
8. Describe Henry's house in El Culito.
9. What is Henry's experience of the war like?
10. What happens in the prelude?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)