|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the time period of the scenes Henry remembers?
2. Who is Don Williams?
(a) A gun dealer.
(b) A hitch-hiker.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Henry find in a ditch when he stops to go to the bathroom, at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A baseball glove.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) An empty bottle of Scotch.
4. Who is Red Ginter?
(a) A boy's father.
(b) A local boy Henry and his brother choose for their team.
(c) One of the stars on their team.
(d) A star on the rival's team.
5. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
(d) Gas heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Jenny's adopted daughter have as an infant?
2. What was Henry's primary love in high school?
3. Where is Henry sent instead of Japan?
4. Where is Henry's home away from home?
5. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's dinner with Van Hoss.
2. What is Henry's experience of the war like?
3. Describe Henry's relationship with his brother Will.
4. Describe Henry's arrival at Van Hoss's place.
5. What does Henry learn from his military experience?
6. Why does Joe spank Henry?
7. What does Van Hoss tell Henry about Bildad?
8. When and why does Henry begin hitchhiking?
9. What is Henry's relationship with the landscape?
10. What happens when Henry calls in to work?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)