|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Henry think of as he nears Albuquerque?
(b) Van Hoss.
(c) Don Williams.
2. Where does Henry find himself, in Chapter 7?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) Hopi reservation.
(c) Navajo country.
(d) The Appalachian Mountains.
3. Who was Joe?
(a) Henry's friend.
(b) Henry's cousin.
(c) Henry's father.
(d) A Shawnee medicine man.
4. Where is Myra when Henry wakes up after the party?
(a) She is asleep in the other room.
(b) She has moved out.
(c) She is still drinking.
(d) She left with her friend.
5. What does Henry tell Myra about the fact that amenities are missing in the building?
(a) There are no other places available at the time.
(b) It is the start of their life of voluntary simplicity.
(c) They can't afford anything nicer than this.
(d) He wants the experience of living among poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Myra's response to the building she and Henry arrive at?
2. What happened to Henry the summer when he was 15?
3. What is attached to the building where Henry and Myra arrive?
4. What does Henry roast for his housewarming party?
5. Who gave Henry his first ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
2. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
3. Describe Henry's visit with Bildad.
4. Who is Roggoway, and what is Henry's interaction with him?
5. Why does Joe spank Henry?
6. What is Henry's interaction with Don Williams?
7. Describe Will's decision to fight in WWII and its effect on the family.
8. What happens in the prelude?
9. What is Henry's dog's name, and what is its symbolism?
10. What is Henry's experience of the war like?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)