Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry decide to do to soothe his nerves?
(a) Call his second wife.
(b) Call his mistress.
(c) Bake bread.
(d) Shoot the television.
2. What did Henry's father give him when he began hitchhiking?
(a) $20 and a ride to the highway.
(b) Nothing but imprecations.
(c) A gun.
(d) A quarter, to call when he needed help.
3. Who does Henry wake up with after the party?
(a) Van Hoss.
(b) A strange man.
(c) A naked woman.
4. Where is Henry Lightcap when the novel begins?
(c) At home.
(d) Playing in the woods.
5. Who is Will?
(a) Henry's younger brother.
(b) Henry's father.
(c) Henry's older brother.
(d) Henry's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 3, after remembering his birth and family?
2. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
3. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
4. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
5. What does Henry's committee say about his thesis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the farm like when Will comes back from the war, and what does he do to take over?
2. What happens in Henry's visit to Glenwood Springs to see Claire?
3. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
4. What do Henry's parents say about him?
5. How would you characterize Henry Lightcap's relationships with women?
6. What does Van Hoss tell Henry about Bildad?
7. What is Henry's routine for his road trip?
8. Describe Henry's visit with Bildad.
9. What is the importance of Dodge City for Henry?
10. What does Henry lose on his way home?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)