|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he wakes up after Elaine leaves him?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Call his brother.
(c) Call Melanie.
(d) Call Elaine.
2. What did Elaine do in response to Henry's hurting her feelings?
(a) Take up gardening.
(b) Take up gourmet cooking.
(c) Take up jogging.
(d) Leave him.
3. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
(a) He has to have his lucky cleats.
(b) He has to have all his teammates with him.
(c) He has to have his favorite glove.
(d) His brother has to play, too.
4. What is Blacklick?
(a) A local restaurant.
(b) A hunting ground.
(c) A nearby town.
(d) A rival team.
5. Why is Henry punished with nightly drills?
(a) For incompetence.
(b) For asking why he was going to war.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For disobedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think about doing while he is driving?
2. How much does Don Williams give Henry?
3. What is Myra's response to the building she and Henry arrive at?
4. What does Henry remember, in Chapter 2?
5. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank?
2. What are Henry's thoughts when he arrives in St. Louis?
3. How does Henry get across the country without much money?
4. What causes Henry Lightcap to think of Red Ginter?
5. What does Henry remember of his father at the funeral?
6. Describe Henry's trip to Denver to see Claire before she leaves for college.
7. Describe Joe's funeral.
8. How does Claire die?
9. How does Henry fall in love with the West?
10. Describe Henry's house in El Culito.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)