|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 3, after remembering his birth and family?
(a) Walks his dog.
(b) Packs his truck.
(c) Calls Elaine.
(d) Calls his brother.
2. What was Henry's father doing in the scene Henry remembers?
(a) Watching the birth.
3. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank, in Chapter 3?
(a) Elaine has already cleaned out his account.
(b) His paycheck was never deposited.
(c) Elaine has left him some money.
(d) His bills are due.
4. Where is Henry's home away from home?
(a) The Dirty Shame Saloon.
(b) The Crossroads Bar.
(c) The Dew Drop Inn.
(d) The Library.
5. How do Henry and his brother lose their pay?
(a) They misplaced it.
(b) Playing cards.
(c) Their father took it.
(d) It was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Will?
2. Where are Henry and Myra arriving, in the scene Henry remembers, in Chapter 10?
3. When is the time period of the scenes Henry remembers?
4. What does the thing Henry smells remind him of?
5. Where does Henry remember, in the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry learn from his military experience?
2. Why doesn't Henry qualify as a marksman?
3. Describe Henry's arrival at Van Hoss's place.
4. When and why does Henry begin hitchhiking?
5. What is Henry's experience of the war like?
6. What happens in the prelude?
7. Describe Henry's dinner with Van Hoss.
8. Describe Henry's relationships at the beginning of the novel.
9. What do Henry's parents say about him?
10. What does Van Hoss tell Henry about Bildad?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)