|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry annoyed by after Elaine leaves?
(a) The television.
(b) The neighbor's music.
(c) The light coming in the windows.
(d) The refrigerator.
2. What is Henry's dog's name?
3. What does Henry tell Myra about the fact that amenities are missing in the building?
(a) He wants the experience of living among poor people.
(b) There are no other places available at the time.
(c) It is the start of their life of voluntary simplicity.
(d) They can't afford anything nicer than this.
4. What is attached to the building where Henry and Myra arrive?
(a) A chicken coop.
(b) A barn.
(c) A dog kennel.
(d) A store.
5. How much does Don Williams give Henry?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry respond when he was called back to work from a smoke break?
2. What does Henry think the add-on building would be good for?
3. Who is Myra?
4. What does Henry plan to do, after entertaining his memories?
5. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's house in El Culito.
2. Describe Henry's relationship with his brother Will.
3. What is Henry's dog's name, and what is its symbolism?
4. Who is Roggoway, and what is Henry's interaction with him?
5. Describe Henry's visit with Bildad.
6. Why does Joe spank Henry?
7. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank?
8. When and why does Henry begin hitchhiking?
9. Describe Henry's arrival at Van Hoss's place.
10. What does Henry do after Elaine leaves?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)