|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Myra?
(a) Henry's mistress at the time.
(b) Henry's first wife.
(c) Henry's mother.
(d) Henry's sister.
2. What state is the building in that Henry and Myra arrive at?
(b) Run down.
(c) Clean and neat.
3. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
(a) He has to have his favorite glove.
(b) His brother has to play, too.
(c) He has to have his lucky cleats.
(d) He has to have all his teammates with him.
4. What is attached to the building where Henry and Myra arrive?
(a) A dog kennel.
(b) A barn.
(c) A store.
(d) A chicken coop.
5. Who is Will?
(a) Henry's father.
(b) Henry's older brother.
(c) Henry's cousin.
(d) Henry's younger brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary device called in which Henry remembers therapy with Elaine?
2. What is Henry annoyed by after Elaine leaves?
3. How long does Henry ask Myra to suspend judgment for?
4. Where does Henry know he needs to return to?
5. What does Henry decide to do to soothe his nerves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's dinner with Van Hoss.
2. Describe Henry's arrival at Van Hoss's place.
3. How would you characterize Henry Lightcap's relationships with women?
4. Who is Roggoway, and what is Henry's interaction with him?
5. What happens in the prelude?
6. What does Henry think about cooking, and Elaine's cooking in particular?
7. Who is Red Ginter and what role does he play in Henry Lightcap's childhood?
8. What does Henry learn from his military experience?
9. What does Henry think about Albuquerque when he stops there?
10. Describe Henry's visit with Bildad.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)