|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry plan to do when he meets Claire?
(a) Take her for a picnic.
(b) Abduct her.
(c) Take her for a drive.
(d) Take her to the theatre.
2. For how long do Joe and Will hardly speak?
(d) A few days.
3. What does Henry believe he has found in this job?
(a) An escape.
(b) A calling.
(c) A hell.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Henry ask Claire to do after the concert?
(a) Give him money.
(b) Move in with him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Make love with him.
5. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
(a) Man-made lakes.
(b) Telephone poles.
6. Where does Will find work after returning from the war?
(b) Driving trucks for the lumber company.
(d) Building roads.
7. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) Not good.
(b) A little queasy.
(c) He has aches and pains, but nothing major.
8. What is Henry afraid of bringing to Will?
(a) His dog.
(b) His memories.
(c) His troubles.
(d) His stories.
9. What does Joe ask Will for when Will finds him?
10. How long had it been since Henry and Myra have been together when Henry arrives in New York?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three months.
(c) A year.
(d) Six months.
11. Where does Henry find work in New York at first?
(a) As a cabbie.
(b) As a painter.
(c) As a technical writer.
(d) As a stagehand.
12. Who helps Will dig Joe's grave?
(a) Van Hoss.
(c) Old Dan.
(d) Bill Gatlin.
13. When does Chapter 22 take place?
(a) After Joe's death.
(b) After Claire's death.
(c) After Myra's death.
(d) After Lorraine's death.
14. What has Will given up farming for?
(a) Working in a factory.
(b) Running a store.
(c) Selling insurance.
15. How does Claire pick Henry up?
(a) She asked him to sleep with her.
(b) She asked him for a light.
(c) She asked for directions.
(d) She asked for a Band-Aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry find work after New York?
2. Where does Claire go to college?
3. Where does Henry have his interview?
4. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
5. How is Solstice looking, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)