|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry say is still the same as when he was a boy?
(a) The need to escape.
(b) The young generation.
(c) The sounds of the farm.
(d) The desire to drink and raise hell.
2. Where is Henry's pain in the present?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His head.
(c) His back.
(d) His legs.
3. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(a) Muir Woods.
(c) The Grand Canyon.
(d) Mt. Rushmore.
4. What happens after Joe's funeral?
(a) Henry gets the farm.
(b) Will gets the farm.
(c) Will moves to town.
(d) Lorraine moves to California.
5. What is Henry surprised to find on the land?
(a) Telephone poles.
(d) Man-made lakes.
6. Who does Henry think about when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Mark Twain.
(d) Lewis and Clark.
7. Who is Grace?
(a) Henry's mistress.
(b) Claire's mother.
(c) Claire's understudy.
(d) Claire's friend.
8. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) A little queasy.
(b) He has aches and pains, but nothing major.
(c) Not good.
9. What does the preacher talk about at Joe's funeral?
(a) Joe's good character.
(b) Joe's lack of faith.
(c) Joe's debts.
(d) Joe's infidelities.
10. What does Henry plan to do when he meets Claire?
(a) Take her to the theatre.
(b) Take her for a drive.
(c) Abduct her.
(d) Take her for a picnic.
11. What does Grace tell Henry she thinks of him when she calls him?
(a) That he is dangerous.
(b) That he did his best.
(c) That he is a good man.
(d) That he is a victim.
12. How is Solstice looking, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Almost dead.
13. Who is the father of Myra's baby?
(a) A writer.
(b) A painter.
(c) A married man.
(d) An Indian.
14. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A strong drink.
(b) A shot of morphine.
(c) A pain pill.
(d) A hit from a joint.
15. What does Myra say when Henry calls to ask her to run away with him, in Chapter 23?
(a) That she's happily married.
(b) That she never wants to hear from him.
(c) That she'll never forgive him.
(d) That it's too late for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry arrive into Illinois?
2. Where is Henry when he calls Claire, at the beginning of Chapter 20?
3. What does Henry do after Claire does not show up?
4. What happens when Henry tries to buy oil with his card, in Chapter 23?
5. Where is Joe buried?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)