|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry remember about working with Joe?
(a) The sun on his stubble.
(b) The smell of his shirt.
(c) Not being able to see him through the crops.
(d) Being afraid of doing something wrong.
2. Where does Claire agree to meet Henry?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New York.
(c) Stump Creek.
(d) Glenwood Springs.
3. Why doesn't Henry get the message that Claire can't make their meeting?
(a) Headquarters did not get him the message.
(b) He was too drunk to take her phone call.
(c) She did not leave a message for him.
(d) He did not check his mail.
4. What does Henry find work doing, at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) Park ranger.
(d) Highway department foreman.
5. What was Henry swerving to avoid when he causes the accident?
(a) A man.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cow.
(d) A car.
6. What does Henry think will happen when he dies?
(a) He will be nothing.
(b) He will be in purgatory.
(c) He will be in heaven.
(d) He will be reborn.
7. What has Will given up farming for?
(a) Selling insurance.
(b) Running a store.
(c) Working in a factory.
8. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
9. What does Henry ask Claire to do after the concert?
(a) Move in with him.
(b) Give him money.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Make love with him.
10. What does Will say when he sees Henry on the tracks?
(a) That they don't want to see him again.
(b) He gives him some money for the road.
(c) He yells at him about his faults.
(d) That no one told him to leave.
11. What does Henry do after Claire does not show up?
(a) Kick in the door of his truck.
(b) Call Grace and curse her out.
(c) Write her a furious letter.
(d) Get drunk.
12. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A shot of morphine.
(b) A pain pill.
(c) A strong drink.
(d) A hit from a joint.
13. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
(a) That this happens all the time.
(b) That he'll take the damages out of Henry's pay.
(c) Henry's story was logical enough.
(d) Henry lost the job already.
14. What does Claire tell Henry she thinks about him?
(a) He is too good for her.
(b) He is going to be too passionate.
(c) He isn't really coming.
(d) He isn't serious.
15. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
(a) The history of the land.
(b) The fragility of the ecosystem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think might break down before the truck does?
2. What does Henry remember, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
4. What happens after Joe's funeral?
5. Who is the father of Myra's baby?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)