|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bat Lanahan find Henry a job?
(a) The Welfare Department.
(b) The Education Department.
(c) The Highway Department.
(d) The Department of Public Works.
2. What does Will say when Henry asks him why he threw the thing into Joe's grave?
(a) He saved all the working parts from the thing.
(b) He knew that Joe wouldn't want anyone else to have it.
(c) He didn't want to see the thing around.
(d) He wanted Joe to have it.
3. How is Solstice looking, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(b) Almost dead.
4. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
(a) He may not be able to help.
(b) He can help.
(c) He will find the father.
(d) He refuses to help.
5. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(b) Mt. Rushmore.
(c) Muir Woods.
6. What does Claire play at the event she invites Henry to?
(a) The fool.
(d) The savant.
7. What does Grace tell Henry she thinks of him when she calls him?
(a) That he did his best.
(b) That he is a good man.
(c) That he is dangerous.
(d) That he is a victim.
8. For how long do Joe and Will hardly speak?
(d) A few days.
9. What does Henry remember about working with Joe?
(a) Not being able to see him through the crops.
(b) Being afraid of doing something wrong.
(c) The sun on his stubble.
(d) The smell of his shirt.
10. What does Henry remember, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His work at the forest ranger's station.
(d) Myra's divorcing him.
11. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A strong drink.
(b) A hit from a joint.
(c) A pain pill.
(d) A shot of morphine.
12. Who helps Will dig Joe's grave?
(a) Bill Gatlin.
(b) Van Hoss.
(c) Old Dan.
13. What does Myra give Henry after he leaves New York?
(a) His letters to her.
(b) Divorce papers.
14. When is Henry let go from his job?
(a) Half-way through the season.
(b) On his second day.
(c) At the end of the season.
(d) Halfway through the off-season.
15. Where does Henry stop, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think will happen when he dies?
2. How long had it been since Henry and Myra have been together when Henry arrives in New York?
3. Why does Claire say she cannot have a relationship with Henry?
4. Where is Henry's pain in the present?
5. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)