|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will throw into Joe's grave?
(a) Joe's pocketknife.
(b) Joe's chainsaw.
(c) Joe's pipe.
(d) Joe's hand radio.
2. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
(a) He drives into a house.
(b) He drives into a ditch.
(c) He hits a cow.
(d) He crashes through a retaining wall.
3. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A shot of morphine.
(b) A pain pill.
(c) A hit from a joint.
(d) A strong drink.
4. How does Claire pick Henry up?
(a) She asked for directions.
(b) She asked him to sleep with her.
(c) She asked for a Band-Aid.
(d) She asked him for a light.
5. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(a) Mt. Rushmore.
(b) Muir Woods.
(d) The Grand Canyon.
6. When is Henry let go from his job?
(a) Half-way through the season.
(b) At the end of the season.
(c) Halfway through the off-season.
(d) On his second day.
7. What does Will's house have?
(a) A phone.
(c) Indoor plumbing.
(d) Baseboard heating.
8. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) A little queasy.
(c) Not good.
(d) He has aches and pains, but nothing major.
9. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
(b) The history of the land.
(c) The fragility of the ecosystem.
10. Why doesn'tt Henry meet Claire in Denver before she leaves for college?
(a) He never makes it to Denver.
(b) He gets drunk and passes out.
(c) He cannot find her address.
(d) He hears a man with her.
11. What does Joe die of?
(a) Internal bleeding.
(b) Organ failure.
12. What does Henry remember, at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Myra's divorcing him.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His work at the forest ranger's station.
(d) His father's death.
13. Who does Henry think about when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Mark Twain.
(c) Lewis and Clark.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
14. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
15. How does Henry feel about the job Bat Lanahan found for him?
(a) Pleasant enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry stop, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
2. What has Will given up farming for?
3. What does Henry say is still the same as when he was a boy?
4. What does Henry think will happen when he dies?
5. What was Henry swerving to avoid when he causes the accident?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)