|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think might break down before the truck does?
(c) The road.
2. How old is Claire when she meets Henry?
3. What does Henry remember about working with Joe?
(a) Not being able to see him through the crops.
(b) The sun on his stubble.
(c) Being afraid of doing something wrong.
(d) The smell of his shirt.
4. Why does Claire say she cannot have a relationship with Henry?
(a) He is too violent.
(b) He is drinking too much.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is religious.
5. Where does Henry find work in New York at first?
(a) As a technical writer.
(b) As a stagehand.
(c) As a painter.
(d) As a cabbie.
6. What does Henry's interviewer say about the accident?
(a) Henry's story was logical enough.
(b) That this happens all the time.
(c) That he'll take the damages out of Henry's pay.
(d) Henry lost the job already.
7. What does Henry think will happen when he dies?
(a) He will be in heaven.
(b) He will be nothing.
(c) He will be reborn.
(d) He will be in purgatory.
8. Who tells Henry where Claire is after she leaves Denver
(c) Claire's landlord.
9. What does Henry tell Myra in answer to her request?
(a) He may not be able to help.
(b) He refuses to help.
(c) He can help.
(d) He will find the father.
10. How long had it been since Henry and Myra have been together when Henry arrives in New York?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) Three months.
11. What does Henry take while driving through Kansas?
(a) A pain pill.
(b) A hit from a joint.
(c) A strong drink.
(d) A shot of morphine.
12. Why doesn't Henry get the message that Claire can't make their meeting?
(a) He did not check his mail.
(b) He was too drunk to take her phone call.
(c) Headquarters did not get him the message.
(d) She did not leave a message for him.
13. What does Claire play at the event she invites Henry to?
(a) The fool.
(c) The savant.
14. What do Henry and Will discuss when they walk along the fence, in Chapter 22?
(a) Will's resistance to modernization.
(b) Will's financial prospects.
(c) Will's store's career.
(d) Will's back taxes.
15. Where does Henry find work after New York?
(d) A park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Henry tries to buy oil with his card, in Chapter 23?
2. What is Henry afraid of bringing to Will?
3. What happens after Joe's funeral?
4. Who helps Will dig Joe's grave?
5. What does Henry plan to do when he meets Claire?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)