|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Henry and Claire married?
(b) Mt. Rushmore.
(c) Muir Woods.
(d) The Grand Canyon.
2. What does Myra give Henry after he leaves New York?
(b) His letters to her.
(d) Divorce papers.
3. What does Claire play at the event she invites Henry to?
(a) The savant.
(c) The fool.
4. How does Henry arrive into Illinois?
(a) In an ambulance.
(b) On a ferry.
(c) By train.
(d) In his truck.
5. Why does Claire say she cannot have a relationship with Henry?
(a) She is religious.
(b) He is drinking too much.
(c) He is too violent.
(d) She is too young.
6. Where is Henry's pain in the present?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His legs.
(c) His back.
(d) His head.
7. Where does Henry have his interview?
(a) The Welfare Department.
(b) The highway department's offices.
(c) Okie Joe's.
(d) Gibbs Pratt's home.
8. How is Henry's health when he arrives in St. Louis?
(a) A little queasy.
(b) He has aches and pains, but nothing major.
(d) Not good.
9. What does Myra say when Henry calls to ask her to run away with him, in Chapter 23?
(a) That it's too late for them.
(b) That she's happily married.
(c) That she never wants to hear from him.
(d) That she'll never forgive him.
10. What does Henry remember about working with Joe?
(a) Not being able to see him through the crops.
(b) Being afraid of doing something wrong.
(c) The smell of his shirt.
(d) The sun on his stubble.
11. What does Henry think will happen when he dies?
(a) He will be nothing.
(b) He will be reborn.
(c) He will be in purgatory.
(d) He will be in heaven.
12. Where does Myra go to when she leaves Henry?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
13. When is Henry let go from his job?
(a) At the end of the season.
(b) On his second day.
(c) Half-way through the season.
(d) Halfway through the off-season.
14. What does Will say when he sees Henry on the tracks?
(a) He gives him some money for the road.
(b) He yells at him about his faults.
(c) That they don't want to see him again.
(d) That no one told him to leave.
15. Why doesn'tt Henry meet Claire in Denver before she leaves for college?
(a) He never makes it to Denver.
(b) He hears a man with her.
(c) He gets drunk and passes out.
(d) He cannot find her address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What accident does Henry cause on his way out of the interview?
2. Where does Henry go after the funeral?
3. As a former ranger, what does Henry speak to groups about?
4. How is Solstice looking, at the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. Where does Will find work after returning from the war?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)