|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Don Williams drink any more?
(a) Irritable colon.
(b) Court orders.
(c) Deadly allergy.
(d) He took a vow.
2. Where does Henry get a job?
(a) The Department of Education.
(b) The highway department.
(c) The nuclear plant.
(d) The gas station.
3. What does Joe warn Henry not to do?
(a) Disobey his father.
(b) Shoot rabbits.
(c) Steal coal.
(d) Ride the train.
4. Why did Will join the military?
(a) Out of a need for violence.
(b) Out of a need for something to do.
(c) Out of duty to his football team.
(d) Out of a need to escape his debts.
5. What does Henry remember smoking in the barn?
(a) Corn silk cigarettes.
(b) Corncob pipes.
(d) Tobacco cigarettes.
6. What does Henry hear when he wakes up, in Chapter 3?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Elaine's voice.
(c) Melanie's voice.
(d) Dogs barking.
7. Who gave Henry his first ride?
(a) Drunken sailors.
(b) A family.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A trucker.
8. Who is Red Ginter?
(a) A star on the rival's team.
(b) A boy's father.
(c) One of the stars on their team.
(d) A local boy Henry and his brother choose for their team.
9. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
(b) Gas heat.
10. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
(a) His teachers.
(c) Watching girls.
11. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank, in Chapter 3?
(a) His bills are due.
(b) Elaine has left him some money.
(c) His paycheck was never deposited.
(d) Elaine has already cleaned out his account.
12. What does Henry sell to Don Williams?
(a) His novel manuscript.
(b) His truck.
(c) His dog.
(d) A gun.
13. What does Henry lament in Chapter 7?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His family.
(c) The eradication of the Indians.
(d) The destruction of the landscape.
14. What is Blacklick?
(a) A rival team.
(b) A nearby town.
(c) A local restaurant.
(d) A hunting ground.
15. What does Henry do in his irritation?
(a) Shoots the window.
(b) Shoots the television.
(c) Shoots the refrigerator.
(d) Shoots his neighbor's window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry think the add-on building would be good for?
2. What is Henry's dog's name?
3. What does Henry discover when he calls work, in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Elaine?
5. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)