|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 7?
(a) Calls Elaine.
(b) Drinks more beer.
(c) Buys a gun.
(d) Calls his brother.
2. What does Henry think about when he stops to go to the bathroom, in Chapter 5?
(a) The inhumanity of man.
(b) The beauty of the landscape.
(c) His need for sex.
(d) The grace of God.
3. What does Henry do after firing his shot?
4. Who is the first guest at Henry's housewarming party?
(a) Van Hoss.
5. What illness did Jenny's adopted daughter have as an infant?
(b) Fetal alcohol syndrome.
(c) Lyme disease.
(d) Muscular dystrophy.
6. What illness does Henry's dog have?
(b) Lyme disease.
(d) Valley fever.
7. What is Blacklick?
(a) A nearby town.
(b) A rival team.
(c) A hunting ground.
(d) A local restaurant.
8. What kind of school does Henry Lightcap attend?
(a) Military school.
(b) One-room schoolhouse.
(c) Private school.
(d) Public school.
9. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
10. What does Henry think about doing while he is driving?
(a) Returning to Elaine.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Euthanizing the dog.
(d) Returning to Melanie.
11. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
(a) The nuclear reactor.
(b) The poverty.
(c) The iron mills.
(d) The loss of beauty in the land.
12. Who is Myra?
(a) Henry's mistress at the time.
(b) Henry's first wife.
(c) Henry's sister.
(d) Henry's mother.
13. What did Henry's father give him when he began hitchhiking?
(a) A quarter, to call when he needed help.
(b) $20 and a ride to the highway.
(c) Nothing but imprecations.
(d) A gun.
14. Who is Red Ginter?
(a) A star on the rival's team.
(b) A boy's father.
(c) A local boy Henry and his brother choose for their team.
(d) One of the stars on their team.
15. How does Henry see the landscape when he arrives in Albuquerque?
(a) Developed and prosperous.
(b) Abandoned and wasted.
(c) Tended and beautiful.
(d) Torn and broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
2. What does Henry do when he wakes up after Elaine leaves him?
3. What field was Henry studying?
4. What does Henry hear when he wakes up, in Chapter 3?
5. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)