|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elaine?
(a) Henry's third wife.
(b) Henry's first wife.
(c) Henry's mistress.
(d) Henry's second wife.
2. Who is Myra?
(a) Henry's first wife.
(b) Henry's mistress at the time.
(c) Henry's sister.
(d) Henry's mother.
3. What does Henry try to qualify for in the military?
(b) Artillery officer.
(d) Commissary steward.
4. What does Joe feel about Will joining the military?
(a) He is solemn but he approves.
(b) He is secretly proud.
(c) He is beaming with joy.
(d) He is outraged.
5. What does Henry do in his irritation?
(a) Shoots the refrigerator.
(b) Shoots the window.
(c) Shoots the television.
(d) Shoots his neighbor's window.
6. Why did Henry begin hitchhiking?
(a) He didn't have any money, but wanted to get out of his hometown.
(b) His car broke down and it was the only way to get home.
(c) It was an effective way to avoid getting drafted, if no one could find him.
(d) If he was going to die for his country, he wanted to see it first.
7. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
(b) Watching girls.
(c) His teachers.
8. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank, in Chapter 3?
(a) Elaine has already cleaned out his account.
(b) His bills are due.
(c) His paycheck was never deposited.
(d) Elaine has left him some money.
9. How did the game Henry and Will and their friends played against their rivals end?
(a) In a tie.
(b) The rival team won.
(c) Henry's team won.
(d) The game was never finished.
10. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
(a) Myra's art.
(b) Henry's car.
(c) The outhouse.
(d) The house.
11. Where does Henry remember, in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) El Culito.
(b) South Forks.
(c) West Virginia.
12. What does Henry remember, in Chapter 2?
(a) His first memory of falling in snow.
(b) Being in the womb.
(c) His parents conceiving him.
(d) His mother giving birth to him.
13. Who is Don Williams?
(a) A hitch-hiker.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A gun dealer.
14. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
15. Who was Milly Cornflower Lightcap?
(a) Henry's sister.
(b) Henry's grandmother.
(c) Henry's mother.
(d) A medicine woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is Henry approaching when he notices the poverty of the area?
2. What does Henry's committee say about his thesis?
3. What is Myra's response to Henry's new job?
4. What does Henry roast for his housewarming party?
5. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 7?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)