|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry tell Myra about the fact that amenities are missing in the building?
(a) They can't afford anything nicer than this.
(b) There are no other places available at the time.
(c) He wants the experience of living among poor people.
(d) It is the start of their life of voluntary simplicity.
2. Where does Henry call to take time off from work?
(a) The post office.
(b) The bank.
(c) The saloon.
(d) The welfare office.
3. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
(a) The iron mills.
(b) The loss of beauty in the land.
(c) The nuclear reactor.
(d) The poverty.
4. How does Henry see the landscape when he arrives in Albuquerque?
(a) Developed and prosperous.
(b) Abandoned and wasted.
(c) Tended and beautiful.
(d) Torn and broken.
5. What does Henry plan to do, after entertaining his memories?
(a) Call Elaine.
(b) Visit his parents.
(c) Call Melanie.
(d) Go to his brother's.
6. How does Henry recall he hurt Elaine's feelings?
(a) By embarrassing her in front of her parents
(b) By insulting her cooking.
(c) By insulting her intelligence.
(d) By criticizing her figure.
7. What state is the building in that Henry and Myra arrive at?
(b) Clean and neat.
(d) Run down.
8. Where are Henry and Myra arriving, in the scene Henry remembers, in Chapter 10?
(a) Their new home.
(b) Their temporary home.
(c) The cabin where they were visiting.
(d) Their home away from home.
9. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
(b) Gas heat.
10. What is Myra's response to the building she and Henry arrive at?
11. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 3, after remembering his birth and family?
(a) Walks his dog.
(b) Packs his truck.
(c) Calls his brother.
(d) Calls Elaine.
12. What was Henry's father doing in the scene Henry remembers?
(a) Watching the birth.
13. Where does Henry decide to travel to with his dog?
(c) West Virginia.
14. What does Henry think about doing while he is driving?
(a) Returning to Melanie.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Euthanizing the dog.
(d) Returning to Elaine.
15. Who does Henry wake up with after the party?
(b) A strange man.
(c) Van Hoss.
(d) A naked woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry find when he gets to the bank, in Chapter 3?
2. Where is Myra when Henry wakes up after the party?
3. How much does Don Williams give Henry?
4. Who is Red Ginter?
5. Why did Will join the military?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)