|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry think about doing while he is driving?
(a) Returning to Melanie.
(b) Killing himself.
(c) Euthanizing the dog.
(d) Returning to Elaine.
2. What city is Henry approaching when he notices the poverty of the area?
(a) Santa Fe.
3. Where is Henry sent instead of Japan?
4. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
(a) The iron mills.
(b) The loss of beauty in the land.
(c) The poverty.
(d) The nuclear reactor.
5. What does the thing Henry smells remind him of?
(a) His second marriage.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His youth.
6. Why did Henry begin hitchhiking?
(a) His car broke down and it was the only way to get home.
(b) He didn't have any money, but wanted to get out of his hometown.
(c) It was an effective way to avoid getting drafted, if no one could find him.
(d) If he was going to die for his country, he wanted to see it first.
7. Who is Red Ginter?
(a) A boy's father.
(b) A star on the rival's team.
(c) One of the stars on their team.
(d) A local boy Henry and his brother choose for their team.
8. Where does Henry find himself, in Chapter 7?
(a) Hopi reservation.
(b) The Appalachian Mountains.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) Navajo country.
9. Who is Will?
(a) Henry's cousin.
(b) Henry's older brother.
(c) Henry's younger brother.
(d) Henry's father.
10. What does Henry try to qualify for in the military?
(a) Artillery officer.
(c) Commissary steward.
11. Where does Henry use his credit card on his trip?
(a) At grocery stores.
(b) At gas stations.
(c) At places without electronic card machines.
(d) At bars.
12. Who gave Henry his first ride?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A trucker.
(c) Drunken sailors.
(d) A family.
13. Who was Milly Cornflower Lightcap?
(a) Henry's mother.
(b) Henry's grandmother.
(c) Henry's sister.
(d) A medicine woman.
14. What does Henry think the add-on building would be good for?
(a) A store.
(b) A nursery.
(c) A bar.
(d) Myra's art.
15. Who was Joe?
(a) Henry's father.
(b) Henry's friend.
(c) A Shawnee medicine man.
(d) Henry's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Henry and his dog smell when they hit the road at the end of Chapter 7?
2. Who is Jenny?
3. What does Henry do in his irritation?
4. How does Henry respond when he was called back to work from a smoke break?
5. What was Henry's father doing in the scene Henry remembers?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)