|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Elaine?
(a) Henry's mistress.
(b) Henry's second wife.
(c) Henry's third wife.
(d) Henry's first wife.
2. Where does Henry use his credit card on his trip?
(a) At gas stations.
(b) At bars.
(c) At grocery stores.
(d) At places without electronic card machines.
3. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
(b) Gas heat.
4. What does Henry find in a ditch when he stops to go to the bathroom, at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) A baseball glove.
(b) An empty bottle of Scotch.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A dead dog.
5. What does Henry do in his irritation?
(a) Shoots the window.
(b) Shoots the television.
(c) Shoots the refrigerator.
(d) Shoots his neighbor's window.
6. What field was Henry studying?
7. Where does Henry know he needs to return to?
(a) His first wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His brother's place.
(d) His parents' home.
8. What did Henry's father give him when he began hitchhiking?
(a) $20 and a ride to the highway.
(b) A quarter, to call when he needed help.
(c) A gun.
(d) Nothing but imprecations.
9. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
(a) The outhouse.
(b) Myra's art.
(c) The house.
(d) Henry's car.
10. Where are Henry and Myra arriving, in the scene Henry remembers, in Chapter 10?
(a) Their new home.
(b) The cabin where they were visiting.
(c) Their home away from home.
(d) Their temporary home.
11. What does Henry tell Myra about the fact that amenities are missing in the building?
(a) They can't afford anything nicer than this.
(b) It is the start of their life of voluntary simplicity.
(c) There are no other places available at the time.
(d) He wants the experience of living among poor people.
12. What does Joe warn Henry not to do?
(a) Ride the train.
(b) Shoot rabbits.
(c) Disobey his father.
(d) Steal coal.
13. What does Henry's mother see in Henry's personality?
14. Who is Jenny?
(a) Don Williams's mother.
(b) Don Williams's daughter.
(c) Don Williams's mistress.
(d) Don Williams' wife.
15. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
(a) His brother has to play, too.
(b) He has to have all his teammates with him.
(c) He has to have his favorite glove.
(d) He has to have his lucky cleats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry find himself, in Chapter 7?
2. What does Joe pay Henry and his brother for?
3. What does Henry sell to Don Williams?
4. What was Henry's father doing in the scene Henry remembers?
5. What does Henry hear when he wakes up, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)