|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literary device called in which Henry remembers therapy with Elaine?
2. What is attached to the building where Henry and Myra arrive?
(a) A barn.
(b) A dog kennel.
(c) A store.
(d) A chicken coop.
3. What does Henry's mother see in Henry's personality?
4. What amenity is NOT missing from the building Henry and Myra arrive at?
(c) Gas heat.
5. What is Blacklick?
(a) A hunting ground.
(b) A local restaurant.
(c) A rival team.
(d) A nearby town.
6. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
(b) His teachers.
(d) Watching girls.
7. What does Joe pay Henry and his brother for?
(a) Planting potatoes.
(b) Hunting rabbits.
(c) Stealing coal.
8. What happened to Henry the summer when he was 15?
(a) He lost his virginity.
(b) His parents split up.
(c) He learned to drive.
(d) He had his first drink.
9. What illness does Henry's dog have?
(b) Valley fever.
(c) Lyme disease.
10. When did Henry begin hitchhiking?
11. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 7?
(a) Drinks more beer.
(b) Calls Elaine.
(c) Buys a gun.
(d) Calls his brother.
12. What does Henry think about doing while he is driving?
(a) Euthanizing the dog.
(b) Returning to Elaine.
(c) Killing himself.
(d) Returning to Melanie.
13. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
14. Why is Henry punished with nightly drills?
(a) For incompetence.
(b) For asking why he was going to war.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For disobedience.
15. What does Henry find when he wakes up after the party?
(a) Everyone is gone.
(b) The party is still going on.
(d) The house is on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry remember smoking in the barn?
2. What do Henry and his dog smell when they hit the road at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Where does Henry know he needs to return to?
4. Who is Don Williams?
5. What field was Henry studying?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)