|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 7?
(a) Drinks more beer.
(b) Buys a gun.
(c) Calls his brother.
(d) Calls Elaine.
2. What does Joe feel about Will joining the military?
(a) He is secretly proud.
(b) He is solemn but he approves.
(c) He is beaming with joy.
(d) He is outraged.
3. How long does Henry ask Myra to suspend judgment for?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Who is Van Hoss?
(a) A friend of Henry's.
(b) Henry's father's friend.
(c) An old employer of Henry's.
(d) A rival for Henry's first wife.
5. Who was Milly Cornflower Lightcap?
(a) Henry's grandmother.
(b) Henry's sister.
(c) Henry's mother.
(d) A medicine woman.
6. Where does Henry get a job?
(a) The Department of Education.
(b) The nuclear plant.
(c) The highway department.
(d) The gas station.
7. Where is Myra when Henry wakes up after the party?
(a) She left with her friend.
(b) She is asleep in the other room.
(c) She has moved out.
(d) She is still drinking.
8. Where does Henry decide to travel to with his dog?
(b) West Virginia.
9. What does Henry remember loving in high school?
(b) Watching girls.
(c) His teachers.
10. How do Henry and his brother lose their pay?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) They misplaced it.
(d) Their father took it.
11. Who is Myra?
(a) Henry's first wife.
(b) Henry's mistress at the time.
(c) Henry's mother.
(d) Henry's sister.
12. What does Henry tell Myra about the fact that amenities are missing in the building?
(a) It is the start of their life of voluntary simplicity.
(b) They can't afford anything nicer than this.
(c) There are no other places available at the time.
(d) He wants the experience of living among poor people.
13. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 3, after remembering his birth and family?
(a) Calls Elaine.
(b) Calls his brother.
(c) Packs his truck.
(d) Walks his dog.
14. What illness did Jenny's adopted daughter have as an infant?
(a) Lyme disease.
(c) Fetal alcohol syndrome.
(d) Muscular dystrophy.
15. What does Henry lament in Chapter 7?
(a) The eradication of the Indians.
(b) The destruction of the landscape.
(c) His family.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry remember smoking in the barn?
2. What problems of the Indians' do Henry and Don Williams lament together?
3. What is Joe's reaction when Henry is drafted?
4. What happened to Henry the summer when he was 15?
5. What does Henry discover when he calls work, in Chapter 3?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)