Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry decide to do to soothe his nerves?
(a) Call his second wife.
(b) Call his mistress.
(c) Bake bread.
(d) Shoot the television.
2. What did Henry's father give him when he began hitchhiking?
(a) $20 and a ride to the highway.
(b) Nothing but imprecations.
(c) A gun.
(d) A quarter, to call when he needed help.
3. Who does Henry wake up with after the party?
(a) Van Hoss.
(b) A strange man.
(c) A naked woman.
4. Where is Henry Lightcap when the novel begins?
(c) At home.
(d) Playing in the woods.
5. Who is Will?
(a) Henry's younger brother.
(b) Henry's father.
(c) Henry's older brother.
(d) Henry's cousin.
6. What does Henry do when he wakes up, in Chapter 3, after remembering his birth and family?
(a) Calls his brother.
(b) Calls Elaine.
(c) Walks his dog.
(d) Packs his truck.
7. What does Henry lament in Santa Fe?
(a) The iron mills.
(b) The nuclear reactor.
(c) The loss of beauty in the land.
(d) The poverty.
8. What is set on fire during the housewarming party?
(a) Myra's art.
(b) Henry's car.
(c) The house.
(d) The outhouse.
9. What is the one condition to Red being able to play?
(a) He has to have all his teammates with him.
(b) His brother has to play, too.
(c) He has to have his favorite glove.
(d) He has to have his lucky cleats.
10. What does Henry's committee say about his thesis?
(a) He will have to make revisions.
(b) He no longer has a future as a professor.
(c) He is finished.
(d) He is being charged with plagiarism.
11. What is the literary device called in which Henry remembers therapy with Elaine?
12. Who does Henry find at Okie Joe's?
(c) College kids.
(d) Old vets.
13. What was Henry's father doing in the scene Henry remembers?
(a) Watching the birth.
14. What do Henry and his dog smell when they hit the road at the end of Chapter 7?
15. What does Henry plan to do, after entertaining his memories?
(a) Call Melanie.
(b) Go to his brother's.
(c) Visit his parents.
(d) Call Elaine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Van Hoss?
2. What is Henry annoyed by after Elaine leaves?
3. How does Henry see the landscape when he arrives in Albuquerque?
4. What does Henry find when he wakes up after the party?
5. Why is Henry punished with nightly drills?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)