Short Answer Key
A Prelude, Chapter 1, In Mendia Res, Arizona, and Chapter 2, 1927-37: Stump Creek, West Virginia
1. Where is Henry Lightcap when the novel begins?
Playing in the woods.
2. What kind of school does Henry Lightcap attend?
3. Who is Elaine?
Henry's third wife.
4. What is Henry annoyed by after Elaine leaves?
5. What does Henry do in his irritation?
Shoots the refrigerator.
6. What does Henry do after firing his shot?
7. What does Henry decide to do to soothe his nerves?
8. Where does Henry know he needs to return to?
His brother's place.
9. What does Henry do when he wakes up after Elaine leaves him?
Play the piano.
10. How does Henry recall he hurt Elaine's feelings?
This section contains 2,318 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)