|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the guard say they have to put Ven in the dungeon?
2. What does Ven offer to do for McLean in this section?
3. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
4. What does Amriel's father say that some secrets fester like?
5. What should have Ven done when the king held out his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Revenant?
2. How does Ven force the wolves to retreat?
3. What does Ven tell the king about the underwater world?
4. What mistake does Ven make when he takes the Living Water from the Floating Island?
5. Who are Rovers?
6. What does McLean tell Ven home is in this section?
7. What claims does Whiting make on Oliver and his wife?
8. What does this section suggest about the king?
9. How does Whiting scare Ven at the end of this section?
10. What is the king's verdict on Ven's crimes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Ven's character to who he was at the beginning of the book to who he has become at the end.
1. What did Ven hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Ven's ideas about life?
3. How has Ven's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does being a Nain affect Ven and the decision he makes in the story? How different is a Nain to a human? Why do some humans react negative against Nains?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)