|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is McLean's secret?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He can't sing.
(d) He is blind.
2. What race does the king find charming and sad?
(c) Spice Folk.
3. What advice does the constable give Ven before he leaves him?
(a) Sleep as much as possible.
(b) Tell the truth.
(c) Swallow your tears.
(d) Eat what he is given.
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) A Friend in the Dark.
(b) A Friend in Need.
(c) A Lucky Escape.
(d) Falling in Love.
5. What does Gregory say makes the wind sound demonic?
(a) The trees.
(b) The dog collars.
(c) The long grass.
(d) Dog whistles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ven say Oliver used him for?
2. What does Ven throw at the wolves?
3. What does Ven offer to do for McLean in this section?
4. What does Ven touch for luck while looking out onto the ocean?
5. What is the title of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Elysian castle?
2. What does the king think of the different races in his kingdom?
3. Why can't Ven take up the King's offer?
4. How did the king make sure he understood his kingdom?
5. What would Ven's role be as the King's reporter?
6. Why does the king want a reporter?
7. What does Gregory tell Ven and Char about the dogs?
8. What is a Revenant?
9. What is the king's verdict on Ven's crimes?
10. Why does Ida begin disappearing?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)