|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saeli use to tie up the guard at the city gates?
(c) Duct tape.
2. Why does the king think Ven has an eye for detail?
(a) He is always aware of what is around him.
(b) He knows the jailer's name.
(c) He tells a good story.
(d) He talks with clarity.
3. What does Ven discover he has a knack for?
(c) Public speaking.
4. What is the name of the boy that visits Char and Ven at the cemetery?
5. Who did the puzzle box once belong to?
(a) A Rover.
(b) A Spice Folk.
(c) A Springer.
(d) A Lirin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McLean say home is?
2. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
3. What race does the king say rarely talks to humans?
4. What offence does the king say carries a greater penalty if it is committed at sea?
5. What is the title of Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king say is the difference between a reporter and a storyteller?
2. How did the king make sure he understood his kingdom?
3. What does Gregory tell Ven and Char about the dogs?
4. What would Ven's role be as the King's reporter?
5. What claims does Whiting make on Oliver and his wife?
6. Who are Rovers?
7. How does Ven find the island?
8. What does McLean tell Ven home is in this section?
9. What is a Revenant?
10. Why can't Ven take up the King's offer?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)