|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Whiting say Trudy Snodgrass is?
(a) A Revenant
(b) A Nain.
(c) Spice Folk.
(d) A witch.
2. Why does Ven think Ida could solve the Rover puzzle?
(a) She is a talented thief.
(b) She has quick hands.
(c) She is good at math.
(d) She is naturally intelligent.
3. What offence does the king say carries a greater penalty if it is committed at sea?
4. Why does Amriel say Merrow men are so fat?
(a) They bask in the sun too long.
(b) They are always eating.
(c) They never work.
(d) They drink alot of beer.
5. Why does the king think Ven has an eye for detail?
(a) He talks with clarity.
(b) He knows the jailer's name.
(c) He tells a good story.
(d) He is always aware of what is around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ven tell the king that he owes him?
2. What does Mr. Whiting say is the most precious substance in the world?
3. What is the first rule of puzzles?
4. What should have Ven done when the king held out his hand?
5. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What claims does Whiting make on Oliver and his wife?
2. How does Ven know that Whiting is lying to him?
3. What would Ven's role be as the King's reporter?
4. Who are Rovers?
5. How does Ven find the island?
6. What does McLean tell Ven home is in this section?
7. What mistake does Ven make when he takes the Living Water from the Floating Island?
8. Describe Elysian castle?
9. Why does the king want a reporter?
10. What does Gregory say is the problem the inn has?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)