|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ven throw at the wolves?
(a) His lantern.
(b) His jack-rule.
(c) His torch.
(d) His baseball.
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) Falling in Love.
(b) A Friend in Need.
(c) A Friend in the Dark.
(d) A Lucky Escape.
3. What does Mr. Whiting say is the most precious substance in the world?
(a) Floating Soil.
(d) Living Water.
4. What do the children borrow from Cadwalder to get to town?
(a) A tow truck.
(c) A transporter.
(d) A horse and wagon.
5. Who does Ven yell for at the sea edge?
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dust Ida inhaled turning her into?
2. What does Mr. Whiting accuse accuse Captain Oliver of doing?
3. What does McLean bless before Ven goes to bed?
4. What are the wolves in reality?
5. What can rip through the scales of a Merrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section suggest about the king?
2. What does Gregory tell Ven and Char about the dogs?
3. How does Ven force the wolves to retreat?
4. What does the king think of the different races in his kingdom?
5. Why does the king want a reporter?
6. Who are Rovers?
7. Why can't Ven take up the King's offer?
8. How does Whiting scare Ven at the end of this section?
9. How do Ven and his friends get from the Inn to the ocean in their attempt to save Ida?
10. What would Ven's role be as the King's reporter?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)