|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Snodgrass give Char and Ven for supper?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Apples and cheese.
(c) Water and bread.
(d) Milk and cookies.
2. What is a hippocampus a cross between?
(a) A horse and a crab.
(b) A horse and a merrow.
(c) A hippo and an octopus.
(d) A dog and a mermaid.
3. What does Mr. Whiting say are fond of Nain meat?
4. What race is Saeli?
5. What does Captain force Ven to do to cure him of the seashakes?
(a) Sing sailor songs.
(b) Cook supper.
(c) Clean the deck.
(d) Climb the mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area does McLean say is haunted?
2. What does Amariel mean?
3. Where is Ven taken to when he enters the castle?
4. What does Captain Faeley mean when he says they will have to scuttle the ship?
5. How is a selkie different to a merrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Snodgrass help the children that come to her house?
2. What do the winds tell Scroggins?
3. Why does Oliver say he pays Ven the same as Char?
4. What advice does Captain Oliver give Ven about his father?
5. Describe the floating island.
6. How are Nain different than humans?
7. What does Captain Oliver tell Ven to do once he gets into Kingston?
8. How does Captain Oliver take water from the river?
9. How does Amariel help Ven?
10. What does Captain Oliver tell Ven about the Floating Island?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)