|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does the constable say he is arresting Ven?
(a) For thievery.
(b) For arson.
(c) For murder.
(d) For treason.
2. What is Ven the Nain word for?
3. What does Ven say he could have lobbed into the nearest porthole the pirate ship was so close?
(a) An apple.
(b) A feather.
(c) A bible.
(d) A cannonball.
4. What does Mrs. Snodgrass give Char and Ven for supper?
(a) Water and bread.
(b) Apples and cheese.
(c) Milk and cookies.
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
5. What is the name of the inn Ven and Char stay the night in this section?
(a) The Ship Bunk.
(b) The Ocean Wave.
(c) The Sailor's Rest.
(d) The Sea Farers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain give to Ven to give to Mrs. Snodgrass?
2. What is the name of the largest of the three northern islands off Serendair?
3. What is the name of the ship that picks up Ven?
4. What do the sailors say is good luck to sight before a voyage?
5. What does Captain Faeley have on board the ship that shouldn't be there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the winds tell Scroggins?
2. Describe the inside of the Crossroad Inn?
3. How does Ven blow up the ship?
4. How are Nain different than humans?
5. How do Ven and Char meet Ida?
6. What does Captain Oliver tell Ven about the Floating Island?
7. Why does the driver suggest that Ven stays away from Mr. Whiting?
8. Why does McLean say Captain Oliver is traveling the seas?
9. What is unique about the trees in the forest?
10. How did Char get his name?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)