|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the jail wagon as hot as?
(a) A boiler.
(b) A furnace.
(c) An Indian summer.
(d) A campfire.
2. What does Captain Oliver take from the island?
3. What item of clothing hangs in the pine tree?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A belt.
(d) A glove.
4. What does Amariel tell Ven to do to help keep him awake?
(a) Kick his legs.
(b) Sing sailor songs.
(c) Tell his story.
(d) Tell a joke.
5. Who accompanies Mr. Whiting to the Crossroad Inn?
(a) Jack Firewater.
(b) Mr. Scroggins.
(c) Captain Oliver.
(d) Constable Knapp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the current king?
2. What is the name of the ship that picks up Ven?
3. What is the name of the girl that tried to pickpocket Ven?
4. What does Mrs. Snodgrass give Char and Ven for supper?
5. What does Captain give to Ven to give to Mrs. Snodgrass?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Captain Oliver give Ven about his father?
2. How are Nain different than humans?
3. How did Ven's grandfather cause a scandal?
4. How does Ven get hit by Whiting in this section?
5. How is Ven different than his brothers?
6. How does Mrs. Snodgrass help the children that come to her house?
7. Why does Char try to help Ven in this section?
8. How does Captain Oliver take water from the river?
9. How do Ven's brothers fool him into inspecting the ship?
10. How do Ven and Char meet Ida?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)