|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the wolves attacking?
2. What does Ven use to call the island?
(a) Slate stone.
(b) The ancient Nain language.
(c) A story song.
(d) A conch shell.
3. What does Ven tell the king that he owes him?
(a) His life story.
(b) A ticket home.
(d) A new boat.
4. Who does the King think was in on the Fire Pirate's attack?
(a) Mr. Whiting.
(b) Captain Oliver.
(c) Mr. Witherspoon.
(d) Ven's father.
5. What does the king want to hire to help him see the world more clearly?
(a) A singer.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) A jester.
(d) A reporter.
6. What kind of song does McLean sing for Nick?
(a) A sleeping song.
(b) A healing song.
(c) A sad song.
(d) A comedy song.
7. What excuse does Ven give for being rude to the king?
(a) The dungeon has made him crazy.
(b) He has never been around a king before.
(c) He is very tired.
(d) He hasn't eaten for twelve hours.
8. What does Mr. Whiting accuse accuse Captain Oliver of doing?
(a) Selling children to the Floating Island.
(b) Selling chemicals to the fire pirates.
(c) Killing Nain.
(d) Killing his crew.
9. What are the name of the people made from water?
10. What is the dust Ida inhaled turning her into?
(a) A Spice Folk.
(b) A dog.
(c) A Rover.
(d) A Revenant.
11. Where does Mr. Whiting say he can hide Ven?
(a) The Serelinda.
(b) The Sailor's Rest.
(c) The King's castle.
(d) White Fern Inn.
12. What is the name of the jail that Ida and Char have been locked up in?
(a) Kingston Jail.
(b) Guinnea Jail.
(c) Bigend Jail.
(d) Princeton Jail.
13. Who does Ven say he needs to take care of back home?
(a) His father.
14. What do the children find at the bottom of the pit?
(a) A pencil case.
(b) A treasure chest.
(c) A map.
(d) A Rover's box.
15. What does Mr. Whiting say Trudy rules the Crossroad Inn with?
(a) A steel rod.
(b) An iron fist.
(c) A steel foot.
(d) A leather whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the guard say they have to put Ven in the dungeon?
2. What are the color of a Merrow man's teeth?
3. What does Ven throw at the wolves?
4. What does Gregory say makes the wind sound demonic?
5. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)