|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amriel say Merrow men are so fat?
(a) They bask in the sun too long.
(b) They drink alot of beer.
(c) They never work.
(d) They are always eating.
2. Why does Ven think Ida could solve the Rover puzzle?
(a) She has quick hands.
(b) She is a talented thief.
(c) She is naturally intelligent.
(d) She is good at math.
3. What does Ven throw at the wolves?
(a) His lantern.
(b) His jack-rule.
(c) His baseball.
(d) His torch.
4. What do the children find at the bottom of the pit?
(a) A Rover's box.
(b) A map.
(c) A pencil case.
(d) A treasure chest.
5. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
(a) The Sea Weed Cup.
(b) The Wilde Trophy.
(c) The Beauty Pageant.
(d) The Grand Trophy.
6. What do the children borrow from Cadwalder to get to town?
(b) A horse and wagon.
(c) A tow truck.
(d) A transporter.
7. Who does Ven yell for at the sea edge?
(a) His father.
8. What race does the king find charming and sad?
(c) Spice Folk.
9. What does the jailor say to Ven before he leaves to see the king?
(a) Nain scum.
(b) Good riddance.
(c) I'll never see you again.
(d) Good luck.
10. What is the name of the boy that visits Char and Ven at the cemetery?
11. Why does the guard say they have to put Ven in the dungeon?
(a) He is being hung in the morning.
(b) He needs to learn a lesson.
(c) Nain are not allowed to live with humans.
(d) The king is away.
12. What race does the king say rarely talks to humans?
(d) Spice Folk.
13. What does Mr. Whiting say Trudy Snodgrass is?
(a) A witch.
(b) Spice Folk.
(c) A Nain.
(d) A Revenant
14. What does Mr. Whiting say Trudy rules the Crossroad Inn with?
(a) A steel foot.
(b) A leather whip.
(c) An iron fist.
(d) A steel rod.
15. What can rip through the scales of a Merrow?
(a) Chain coral.
(b) A pilot fish.
(c) A sword fish.
(d) Barb wire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should have Ven done when the king held out his hand?
2. What does Mr. Whiting accuse accuse Captain Oliver of doing?
3. What was the name of the boat that Ven blew up?
4. What is inside the box the size of a bread loaf?
5. How does the king know that the Mr. Whiting's copper ring had not been taken aboard the Serenlinda?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)