|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is McLean's secret?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He can't sing.
(d) He is deaf.
2. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) A Friend in the Dark.
(b) Falling in Love.
(c) A Friend in Need.
(d) A Lucky Escape.
3. What do the children borrow from Cadwalder to get to town?
(a) A transporter.
(b) A horse and wagon.
(c) A tow truck.
4. What is the name of the jail that Ida and Char have been locked up in?
(a) Kingston Jail.
(b) Bigend Jail.
(c) Guinnea Jail.
(d) Princeton Jail.
5. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
(a) The Grand Trophy.
(b) The Wilde Trophy.
(c) The Sea Weed Cup.
(d) The Beauty Pageant.
6. What does Amriel's father say that some secrets fester like?
7. Who is Galliard?
(a) The Primeminister.
(b) The King's Royal Secretary.
(c) The Secretary of State.
(d) The King's Royal Vizier.
8. Who does the King think was in on the Fire Pirate's attack?
(a) Mr. Witherspoon.
(b) Mr. Whiting.
(c) Ven's father.
(d) Captain Oliver.
9. Where do Char and Ven hide from the wolves?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The forest.
(c) The tool shed.
(d) The bike shed.
10. What can rip through the scales of a Merrow?
(a) Chain coral.
(b) Barb wire.
(c) A pilot fish.
(d) A sword fish.
11. What does Gregory say may improve Ven's sight?
(b) The snow.
(c) The mud.
(d) The rain.
12. What does the jailor say to Ven before he leaves to see the king?
(a) Good riddance.
(b) Nain scum.
(c) Good luck.
(d) I'll never see you again.
13. What is the name of the boy that visits Char and Ven at the cemetery?
14. What is the first rule of puzzles?
(a) Compare it to a problem in life.
(b) See things for what they see.
(c) See things for what they are.
(d) Don't over think.
15. Which brother does Ven say will help him defeat Witherspoon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ven say Oliver used him for?
2. What was the name of the boat that Ven blew up?
3. What race does the king find charming and sad?
4. What does Saeli notice about the patch of ground?
5. What does Ven use to call the island?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)