|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can rip through the scales of a Merrow?
(a) Barb wire.
(b) A sword fish.
(c) Chain coral.
(d) A pilot fish.
2. Why does Amriel say Merrow men are so fat?
(a) They are always eating.
(b) They bask in the sun too long.
(c) They drink alot of beer.
(d) They never work.
3. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
(a) The Sea Weed Cup.
(b) The Beauty Pageant.
(c) The Grand Trophy.
(d) The Wilde Trophy.
4. What kind of song does McLean sing for Nick?
(a) A healing song.
(b) A sad song.
(c) A comedy song.
(d) A sleeping song.
5. What do the children find at the bottom of the pit?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A Rover's box.
(c) A map.
(d) A pencil case.
6. What does Amriel's father say that some secrets fester like?
7. What does Mr. Whiting wear around his neck?
(a) A silver whistle.
(b) A diamond vial.
(c) A photo of his mother.
(d) A Star of David.
8. Why does Mr. Whiting say Captain Oliver took Ven to the top of the mast?
(a) To call the Floating Island.
(b) To rid him of the sea shakes.
(c) To throw him into the water.
(d) To show him the dangers of the sea.
9. Who were the wolves attacking?
10. What does Ven discover he has a knack for?
(b) Public speaking.
11. What battle does Ven describe in his writings to the king?
(a) The Fire Pirate battle.
(b) The Battle of the Nain.
(c) The Ship Builder's battle.
(d) The Floating Island battle.
12. Who does Ven say he needs to take care of back home?
(b) His father.
13. Who does Ven accuse of setting him up?
14. What is the name of the boy that visits Char and Ven at the cemetery?
15. What did Amriel say Merrows can adapt to?
(a) Living on land.
(b) Different races.
(c) Changes in temperature.
(d) Different foods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 17?
2. Who did the puzzle box once belong to?
3. Why does the guard say they have to put Ven in the dungeon?
4. What does Ven use to call the island?
5. What does Ven touch for luck while looking out onto the ocean?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)