|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ven discover he has a knack for?
(a) Public speaking.
2. Who does Ven accuse of setting him up?
3. What does the jailor say to Ven before he leaves to see the king?
(a) Good luck.
(b) Good riddance.
(c) Nain scum.
(d) I'll never see you again.
4. What does Amariel say she is going to win at the Summer Sea Festival?
(a) The Sea Weed Cup.
(b) The Grand Trophy.
(c) The Wilde Trophy.
(d) The Beauty Pageant.
5. What are the wolves in reality?
(a) Whiting's dogs.
(b) Trudy's dogs.
6. What does Ven use to call the island?
(a) The ancient Nain language.
(b) A story song.
(c) A conch shell.
(d) Slate stone.
7. What does Ven offer to do for McLean in this section?
(a) Read him a story.
(b) Heal his blindness.
(c) Be his eyes.
(d) Call the island.
8. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Rumble in the Jungle.
(b) Pipped At the Line.
(c) Tall Stories.
(d) Merrow's Tale.
9. What is the dust Ida inhaled turning her into?
(a) A Spice Folk.
(b) A Rover.
(c) A Revenant.
(d) A dog.
10. What does Mr. Whiting say Trudy rules the Crossroad Inn with?
(a) An iron fist.
(b) A leather whip.
(c) A steel foot.
(d) A steel rod.
11. What do the children find at the bottom of the pit?
(a) A Rover's box.
(b) A map.
(c) A treasure chest.
(d) A pencil case.
12. What is the first rule of puzzles?
(a) See things for what they are.
(b) Don't over think.
(c) See things for what they see.
(d) Compare it to a problem in life.
13. What does McLean bless before Ven goes to bed?
(a) Ven's hands.
(b) Ven's puzzle box.
(c) Ven's beard.
(d) Ven's jack rule.
14. What color are the king's robes?
(a) Blood red.
(b) Midnight blue.
(c) Sunset yellow.
(d) Duck orange.
15. How do Merrows store enough heat to go back into the cold sea?
(a) They sit around a fire.
(b) They bask in the sun.
(c) They wrap themselves in fur.
(d) They spend a month in a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McLean say home is?
2. What can rip through the scales of a Merrow?
3. How does the king know that the Mr. Whiting's copper ring had not been taken aboard the Serenlinda?
4. Why does Amriel say Merrow men are so fat?
5. What is the title of Chapter 17?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)