|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the ring that Ven is accused of stealing?
(b) Mr. Whiting.
(d) Mrs. Snodgrass.
2. What does Captain Faeley tell Ven not to drink too much of?
(b) The sunlight.
(d) The wind.
3. What is the name of Ven's grandfather?
(a) Magnus the Mad.
(b) Jack the Bad.
(c) Phil the Pill.
(d) John the Nain.
4. What drink does Whiting stink of?
5. What does Ida call Ven when Ven catches her in his room?
(d) Lame Nain.
6. What is a hippocampus a cross between?
(a) A horse and a crab.
(b) A dog and a mermaid.
(c) A horse and a merrow.
(d) A hippo and an octopus.
7. What is Max's job?
(a) To inspect the ship.
(b) To cook the farewell dinner.
(c) To paint the ship's name.
(d) To secure the rescue boats.
8. What does the driver say he hopes will get the two boys at the inn?
9. What are Ven's dreams plagued by at the end of this section?
(c) Fire Pirates.
(d) His father.
10. How does Ven find out the girl tries to pickpocket him?
(a) Ven hears her footsteps.
(b) She cries out.
(c) Ven feels her fingers.
(d) She sneezes.
11. Where is Ven taken to when he enters the castle?
(a) The dungeon.
(b) The throne room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The king's quarters.
12. What word does Clemency use to describe the howling of the wind outside the inn?
13. What do the Polypheme brothers draw to decide who is inspecting the ship?
(a) Plastic straws.
(c) Hay straws.
(d) Pieces of paper.
14. What musical instrument does Oliver tell Ven to think of the hollow mountain as?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A flute.
(c) A cello.
(d) A violin.
15. Who calls Mr. Whiting's story a load of manure?
(b) Mrs. Snodgrass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Faeley mean when he says they will have to scuttle the ship?
2. What does Captain Oliver he would be in violation of if he didn't pay Ven?
3. What does Amariel tell Ven to do to help keep him awake?
4. What did Mrs. Snodgrass' father make?
5. What does Mrs. Snodgrass give Char and Ven for supper?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)