|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first drink that the mermaid hands Ven?
2. What do the Polypheme brothers draw to decide who is inspecting the ship?
(a) Plastic straws.
(b) Hay straws.
(c) Pieces of paper.
3. Where does Captain Oliver say the young folks stay in Serendair if they have nowhere else to go?
(a) The Green Lair.
(b) The Train Inn.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Crossroads Inn.
4. Who owns the White Fern Inn?
(b) Mr. Muggelwhite.
(c) Captain Oliver.
(d) Mr. Whiting.
5. What does Ven wish his father had let Luther teach him?
(a) How to swim.
(b) How to fight.
(c) How to fire a gun.
(d) How to somersault.
6. What is the name of the largest of the three northern islands off Serendair?
7. What does Mr. Whiting say are fond of Nain meat?
8. What stew like drink does Char hand Ven?
9. Where does the constable tell Ven that we all end up eventually?
(b) In front of our maker.
(c) In the clouds.
10. Who owns the ring that Ven is accused of stealing?
(a) Mrs. Snodgrass.
(c) Mr. Whiting.
11. What is the name of the current king?
(a) King Vandemere.
(b) King James.
(c) King Chieftain.
(d) King Valais.
12. What image is on the fire pirates flag?
(a) A flaming red beard.
(b) A rose in flames.
(c) A skull in flames.
(d) A skull and crossbones.
13. Where is Ven taken to when he enters the castle?
(a) The king's quarters.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) The throne room.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What is the color of the sand on the floating island?
15. What musical instrument does Oliver tell Ven to think of the hollow mountain as?
(a) A flute.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A cello.
(d) A violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Faeley tell Ven not to drink too much of?
2. What is the king's castle perched on top of?
3. What race is Saeli?
4. What is Ven's brother Alton the master of?
5. For what reason does the constable say he is arresting Ven?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)