|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does McLean say is haunted?
(a) The sea.
(b) The gated city.
(c) The crossroads.
(d) The Floating Island.
2. What kind of bird does Pepin see flying above him and his son?
(a) An albatross.
(b) A dove.
(c) A penguin.
(d) A seagull.
3. What does Ven agree is a fairly big part of being a Nain?
(a) Being aggressive.
(b) Being mean.
(c) Being kind.
(d) Being rude.
4. What is the name of the inn Ven and Char stay the night in this section?
(a) The Ocean Wave.
(b) The Sea Farers.
(c) The Ship Bunk.
(d) The Sailor's Rest.
5. Where does Ven keep his jack-rule while at staying at the inn?
(a) In his sock.
(b) Under his pillow.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his coat pocket.
6. What do the Polypheme brothers draw to decide who is inspecting the ship?
(b) Pieces of paper.
(c) Plastic straws.
(d) Hay straws.
7. What is Max's job?
(a) To cook the farewell dinner.
(b) To paint the ship's name.
(c) To inspect the ship.
(d) To secure the rescue boats.
8. What color does the amber sun turn the ship's deck?
9. What did Mrs. Snodgrass' father make?
10. What does Amariel mean?
(a) Sugar in the water.
(b) Star of the sea.
(c) Sun of the sea.
(d) Gold in the waves.
11. For what reason does the constable say he is arresting Ven?
(a) For thievery.
(b) For murder.
(c) For arson.
(d) For treason.
12. Where does Saeli live?
(a) Beat Cottage.
(b) Mouse Lodge.
(c) Spice Lodge.
(d) Cat Inn.
13. What is Ven's brother Alton the master of?
(a) Logo designing.
(b) Model making.
(c) Oar making.
(d) Flag designing.
14. What stew like drink does Char hand Ven?
15. What kind of metal is the ring made from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ven become good at reading aboard the Serelinda?
2. What does Captain Faeley mean when he says they will have to scuttle the ship?
3. What does Captain Faeley ask Ven and Lavery to get from his quarters?
4. What is the name of Ven's sister?
5. Where does the constable tell Ven that we all end up eventually?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)