|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uintah Reservation 1903 to 1916: Awakenings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Federal agent tell Gertrude the boarding school was located?
(a) Maple Leaf Country.
(b) Red Apple Country.
(c) Sweet Grass Country.
(d) High Mountain Country.
2. Which famous people did Tate tell Gertrude she saw?
(a) Lewis and Clark.
(b) Gilchrest and Monnin.
(c) Jefferson and Adams.
(d) Clemons and Tate.
3. What did Zitkala-Sa hate about her life in Utah?
4. What was Gertrude ordered to mash one day?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
5. What did the girls wear at the boarding school?
(b) Long shirt.
(c) Stiff dresses.
(d) Jeans and shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
2. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
3. Who stared at Gertrude and the other Indian children?
4. Until what time did the children at the boarding school have to work each night?
5. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)