|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uintah Reservation 1903 to 1916: Awakenings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Gertrude NOT do during her happy Summer days?
(a) Sharpened knives.
(b) Impersonated her mother.
(c) Played with her friends.
(d) Ate sweet root.
2. Why did so many of the Indian children have chronic health problems or die?
(a) They did not get enough Vitamin C.
(b) There was no medicine.
(c) They were weak from starvation.
(d) They were always out in inclement weather.
3. On December 29, 1890, ______________ Indians were massacred at Wounded Knee.
(a) nearly 100.
(d) over 300.
4. Who was the greedy agent at the Indian Bureau with whom Raymond had trouble?
(a) F. Baker.
(b) F. Barker.
(c) F. Bowen.
(d) F. Bolton.
5. Like many Indian children who attended boarding school, Gertrude suffered __________________.
(a) scarlet fever.
(b) an identity crisis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie did the Indian Bureau agent tell about Raymond?
2. What was the only way the staff could cut Gertrude's hair?
3. Who stared at Gertrude and the other Indian children?
4. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
5. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)