|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uintah Reservation 1903 to 1916: Mrs. And Mrs. Raymond Bonnin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did so many of the Indian children have chronic health problems or die?
(a) They were always out in inclement weather.
(b) They did not get enough Vitamin C.
(c) They were weak from starvation.
(d) There was no medicine.
2. In 1897, Gertrude taught at the most famous Indian boarding school in America located in which state?
3. From what disease did Gertrude's fiance die?
4. How much land had the U.S. government taken from the Ute Indians?
(a) 10 million acres.
(b) 2 million acres.
(c) 500,000 acres.
(d) 50 million acres.
5. What was forbidden to the Indian children?
(a) Going home to see their parents.
(b) Drinking lemonade.
(c) Buying candy.
(d) Telling jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Gertrude marry when she was 26?
2. Where was the boarding school located?
3. Which Indian chief was murdered on December 15, 1890?
4. In Indian society, the elders told stories to teach ______________ to the young people.
5. The Utes won a settlement from the U.S. government in the amount of ______________ for their land.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)