|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uintah Reservation 1903 to 1916: Mrs. And Mrs. Raymond Bonnin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did so many of the Indian children have chronic health problems or die?
(a) They did not get enough Vitamin C.
(b) There was no medicine.
(c) They were always out in inclement weather.
(d) They were weak from starvation.
2. Gertrude attended the white man's school what timeframe?
3. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
(a) a hospital.
(c) boarding school.
(d) another reservation.
4. In 1897, Gertrude taught at the most famous Indian boarding school in America located in which state?
5. After being home with her mother for ________________, Gertrude went to another boarding school.
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 19 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 5 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Federal agent tell Gertrude the boarding school was located?
2. How many children slept in each bed at the boarding house?
3. In Indian society, the elders told stories to teach ______________ to the young people.
4. How old is Gertrude in the chapter, "The Returned Student"?
5. The older boys at the school worked as what?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)