|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Between Two Worlds 1887 to 1902: The Returned Student; Two Contests; Becoming a Teacher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the character in #21?
2. What did Tate say when Gertrude decided to go to the boarding school?
(b) I will never see you again.
(c) The white man is a liar.
(d) You will be back soon.
3. Who was Judewin?
(a) Gertrude's grandmother.
(b) Gertrude's friend.
(c) Gertrude's mother.
(d) Gertrude's sister.
4. What did the Indian children serve as when they were sent to live with white families?
(c) Foster children.
5. Which famous people did Tate tell Gertrude she saw?
(a) Jefferson and Adams.
(b) Lewis and Clark.
(c) Gilchrest and Monnin.
(d) Clemons and Tate.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being home with her mother for ________________, Gertrude went to another boarding school.
2. What did Tate teach Gertrude to do?
3. What did the devil in Gertrude's dream symbolize?
4. What did some of the children at the boarding school sneak out to do?
5. Which of the following is NOT something the girls did at the boarding school?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)