|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Apple Country 1884 to 1887: The Journey; The First Day at School.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the U.S. Army captain who wanted to remove Indian infants from their homes?
(a) Robert James Starke.
(b) Philip Alan Bowman.
(c) Edward Lee Bonifice.
(d) Richard Henry Pratt.
2. What did the girls wear at the boarding school?
(a) Long shirt.
(b) Jeans and shirt.
(d) Stiff dresses.
3. In Indian society, the elders told stories to teach ______________ to the young people.
4. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
(a) a hospital.
(b) another reservation.
(c) boarding school.
5. Gertrude was born on February 22 in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Gertrude when she got on the train?
2. What was Gertrude's last name as a girl?
3. When did Gertrude realize she had made a mistake by going to the boarding school?
4. Where did the Federal agent tell Gertrude the boarding school was located?
5. How old was Gertrude when she wrote a scathing article in "Atlantic Monthly" regarding the mistreatment of Indians?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)