|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Red Apple Country 1884 to 1887: The Journey; The First Day at School.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The baby in #13 grew up to sign a treaty with the U.S. government to give away how much Indian land?
(a) 2 million acres.
(b) 5 acres.
(c) 500,000 acres.
(d) 11 million acres.
2. According to Gertrude's mother, who were the only people who had their hair cut off?
(a) White women.
(b) Unskilled warriors.
(c) Little boys.
(d) Captured white men.
3. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
(b) another reservation.
(c) boarding school.
(d) a hospital.
4. What is a tipi?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A bird.
(c) An Indian shelter.
(d) A white man.
5. What did the white hunter promise to give to Prairie Flower?
(a) Squirrel hides.
(b) Buffalo meat.
(c) Buffalo hides.
(d) Deer meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the U.S. Army captain who wanted to remove Indian infants from their homes?
2. A white woman tossed Gertrude around like ______________.
3. Which of the following did Gertrude NOT do during her happy Summer days?
4. What was the name of the Indian agency where Tate and the others received their government food rations?
5. What role did Cloud Elk have in the tribe?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)