|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yankton Reservation 1876 to 1884: Tiyospaye; Winyan; Wasicun Kin Owewakankan Tawapi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man in #24?
(a) Man of Big Heart.
(b) Man of Many Winters.
(c) Man of Little Ears.
(d) Man of Empty Words.
2. In Indian society, the elders told stories to teach ______________ to the young people.
3. Where did the Federal agent tell Gertrude the boarding school was located?
(a) High Mountain Country.
(b) Maple Leaf Country.
(c) Sweet Grass Country.
(d) Red Apple Country.
4. Which of the following did Gertrude NOT do during her happy Summer days?
(a) Impersonated her mother.
(b) Played with her friends.
(c) Sharpened knives.
(d) Ate sweet root.
5. The baby in #13 grew up to sign a treaty with the U.S. government to give away how much Indian land?
(a) 11 million acres.
(b) 2 million acres.
(c) 500,000 acres.
(d) 5 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What last name was given to Gertrude?
2. Who was Prairie Flower's ill husband?
3. Who was the U.S. Army captain who wanted to remove Indian infants from their homes?
4. Who is Tate?
5. The Federal agent told Gertrude that she could have as much as she wanted of what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)