|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yankton Reservation 1876 to 1884: Tiyospaye; Winyan; Wasicun Kin Owewakankan Tawapi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tate say when Gertrude decided to go to the boarding school?
(b) I will never see you again.
(c) The white man is a liar.
(d) You will be back soon.
2. Who was Judewin?
(a) Gertrude's mother.
(b) Gertrude's grandmother.
(c) Gertrude's friend.
(d) Gertrude's sister.
3. What is a tiyospaye?
(a) A social unit.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A tool.
(d) A headpiece.
4. What was Gertrude's last name as a girl?
5. Gertrude enjoyed the stories about which Indian character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Federal agents do to force the Indians to give up their children?
2. What animals were slaughtered by the white hunters?
3. Who was Tate's son from her second marriage?
4. Which of the following was NOT something the government promised the Indians?
5. What did the white hunter promise to give to Prairie Flower?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)