|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yankton Reservation 1876 to 1884: Tiyospaye; Winyan; Wasicun Kin Owewakankan Tawapi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Federal agent told Gertrude that she could have as much as she wanted of what?
2. What animals were slaughtered by the white hunters?
3. The Federal agents took away Indian children as young as ___________________.
4. What did the Federal agents do to force the Indians to give up their children?
(a) Withheld money.
(b) Burned their villages.
(c) Raped the women.
(d) Withheld their food rations.
5. What is a tipi?
(a) A canoe.
(b) An Indian shelter.
(c) A white man.
(d) A bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Tate have?
2. What did Tate teach Gertrude to do?
3. Which of the following was NOT something the government promised the Indians?
4. Who was the U.S. Army captain who wanted to remove Indian infants from their homes?
5. What did the people in #12 wrap a newborn baby in during their visit with Tate's tribe?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)