|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Washington D.C. 1917 to 1938: The Peyote Controversy; Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians; Tricksters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
2. What did the cutting of Gertrude's braids symbolize?
(b) Submission to the white man.
(c) The elimination of vanity.
(d) Rigorous hygiene.
3. Zitkala-Sa was always reminded of which folklore character when dealing with the government?
(a) Little Turtle.
(b) Brother Moon.
4. Who was Tate's son from her second marriage?
5. What was the name of the man in #24?
(a) Man of Many Winters.
(b) Man of Empty Words.
(c) Man of Little Ears.
(d) Man of Big Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Quaker woman offered to pay for Gertrude's education at which school?
2. What did Raymond want the government to give to the Utes?
3. Gertrude had a bad dream in which _________________ came to get Tate and her guest.
4. What did the Federal agents do to force the Indians to give up their children?
5. How many children slept in each bed at the boarding house?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)