|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Washington D.C. 1917 to 1938: The Peyote Controversy; Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians; Tricksters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zitkala-Sa not attend the last hearing regarding the Osage Indians?
(a) It was too far to travel.
(b) She was afraid of being murdered.
(c) She was too ill.
(d) She had a scheduling conflict.
2. What did the cutting of Gertrude's braids symbolize?
(b) Submission to the white man.
(c) The elimination of vanity.
(d) Rigorous hygiene.
3. Gertrude had a bad dream in which _________________ came to get Tate and her guest.
(a) the devil.
(c) the headmaster.
(d) the soldiers.
4. What image did Gertrude scratch out in the Bible?
(a) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(b) Jesus with the little children.
(c) The devil's eyes.
(d) God descending on clouds.
5. How did Gertrude sign the article that appeared in the publication in #103?
(a) Red Bird.
(b) Gertrude Bonnin.
(d) G. Bonnin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gertrude realize she had made a mistake by going to the boarding school?
2. In Indian society, the elders told stories to teach ______________ to the young people.
3. How many years have passed since Gertrude was home at the Yankton Reservation?
4. The white settlement in #127 was how many miles from the Ute reservation?
5. Which Indians were the richest people in the world?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)