|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Washington D.C. 1917 to 1938: The Peyote Controversy; Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians; Tricksters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gertrude had a bad dream in which _________________ came to get Tate and her guest.
(a) the soldiers.
(c) the headmaster.
(d) the devil.
2. What image did Gertrude scratch out in the Bible?
(a) God descending on clouds.
(b) Jesus with the little children.
(c) Moses parting the Red Sea.
(d) The devil's eyes.
3. According to Gertrude's mother, who were the only people who had their hair cut off?
(a) Unskilled warriors.
(b) Little boys.
(c) White women.
(d) Captured white men.
4. What was the only way the staff could cut Gertrude's hair?
(a) They waited until she was asleep.
(b) They sedated her.
(c) They tied her to a chair.
(d) They threatened to starve her.
5. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
(a) another reservation.
(b) boarding school.
(c) a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zitkala-Sa's separate herself from the Ute Indians?
2. What happened to the land belonging to Indians who were murdered?
3. What did David do that helped with the family's prosperity?
4. At college, Gertrude won honors in which field?
5. How did Gertrude travel to the boarding school?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)