|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Washington D.C. 1917 to 1938: The Peyote Controversy; Oklahoma's Poor Rich Indians; Tricksters.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What image did Gertrude scratch out in the Bible?
(a) God descending on clouds.
(b) Jesus with the little children.
(c) The devil's eyes.
(d) Moses parting the Red Sea.
2. Who was Judewin?
(a) Gertrude's sister.
(b) Gertrude's mother.
(c) Gertrude's grandmother.
(d) Gertrude's friend.
3. What lie did the Indian Bureau agent tell about Raymond?
(a) That he was a drunk.
(b) That he gambled his money away.
(c) That he stole food from the bureau.
(d) That he beat Zitkala-Sa.
4. Which of the following was NOT a use for peyote among the Indians?
(b) Visionary powers.
(c) Religious ceremonies.
(d) Medicinal uses.
5. How did Zitkala-Sa feel about the Ute reservation?
(a) It made her happy.
(b) It pleased her.
(c) It frightened her.
(d) It dissatisfied her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the white hunter promise to give to Prairie Flower?
2. What was the name of the reservation where Zitkala-Sa and her husband lived in the state in #110?
3. From which tribe did the young man in #98 come?
4. The U.S. government forced Tate to send David to _____________________.
5. Where did Gertrude hide to try to avoid getting her hair cut?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)