|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Between Two Worlds 1887 to 1902: A Second Visit Home; Realizations; Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stared at Gertrude and the other Indian children?
(a) The Indian men.
(b) The nuns.
(c) White people.
(d) The train conductor.
2. Gertrude and her husband headed to a reservation located in which state?
3. What did the Federal agents do to force the Indians to give up their children?
(a) Burned their villages.
(b) Raped the women.
(c) Withheld money.
(d) Withheld their food rations.
4. Who was the Indian doctor who wanted to marry Gertrude in Boston?
(a) Carlos Lopez.
(b) Carlos Ackley.
(c) Carlos Santana.
(d) Carlos Montezuma.
5. What did the headmistress do to Totowin for playing in the snow?
(a) She withheld her supper.
(b) She made her wash dishes.
(c) She sent her to her room.
(d) She beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something which Gertrude needed?
2. What did the devil in Gertrude's dream symbolize?
3. What role did Cloud Elk have in the tribe?
4. When did Gertrude realize she had made a mistake by going to the boarding school?
5. How many years have passed since Gertrude was home at the Yankton Reservation?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)