|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Uintah Reservation 1903 to 1916: Awakenings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1897, Gertrude taught at the most famous Indian boarding school in America located in which state?
2. Which of the following was NOT true about Kitkala-Sa's opera?
(a) Indians danced in the dance scene.
(b) It had Indian lyrics.
(c) It was performed in Indiana.
(d) Indians donated costumes.
3. How did Gertrude travel to the boarding school?
4. What was the name of the opera co-written by Zitkala-Sa?
(a) The Buffalo Moon.
(b) Dances with Wolves.
(c) Indian Summer.
(d) The Sun Dance.
5. What did Mormon families come to the white settlement to see?
(a) Indian housing.
(b) An opera.
(c) The Indians.
(d) Farm implements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gertrude cry on the train?
2. At college, Gertrude won honors in which field?
3. After being home with her mother for ________________, Gertrude went to another boarding school.
4. What gave Zitkala-Sa the cultural joy she most craved?
5. Who stared at Gertrude and the other Indian children?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)