|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the python eaten?
(a) A goat.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A dikdik.
(d) A baby.
2. What was the name of the bay horse?
3. What was a mundu-mago?
(a) A witch-doctor.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A chief.
4. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
5. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A goat.
(c) A duiker.
(d) Her own safari.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special item did Lettice Palmer provide for her two dogs?
2. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
3. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
4. Where was Twinkle found?
5. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lettice elope with Hereward?
2. Why did Hereward express a willingness to die in a violent storm?
3. How did the Kikuyu and Masai differ in their approaches to hunting?
4. Why did the District Commissioner find it difficult to keep locals out of the prison?
5. How did Lettice Palmer view Hereward's desperate attempts to impose discipline on his workers?
6. Why did Robin agree with the Italian priests in their refusal to baptize or help Njombo?
7. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
8. What did the Kikuyu do to preserve memories of the dead?
9. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
10. How did Elspeth view the planned hunt versus the actual hunt?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)