|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not white.
(b) He had been married to several women.
(c) He was not Italian.
(d) He was not baptized.
2. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
3. How many goats did Tilly say the District Commissioner would fine Kupanya if the curse were not lifted?
4. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
(a) Johnny Appleseed.
(b) Wild Bill Hickock.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
5. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had been injured.
(b) She had gotten lost.
(c) She had been stolen.
(d) She had found a mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
2. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
3. What did the first trap catch?
4. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
5. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Elspeth viewed the dead leopard.
2. Why did Lettice elope with Hereward?
3. How did Ian describe Ahmed's people (Somalis), whom he had lived among before coming to Africa?
4. How did Elspeth use the imagery of the kitchen beaters to convey the sense that Europeans and Africans were living in parallel worlds?
5. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
6. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
7. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
8. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
9. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
10. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)