|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
(a) Sour yeast.
(b) European beer.
2. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
(a) A whydah-bird.
(b) A python.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A boomklop.
3. What had the python eaten?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dikdik.
(c) A baby.
(d) A hyena.
4. What special item did Lettice Palmer provide for her two dogs?
(a) Separate kennels.
(c) Silver food bowls.
(d) Separate dog runs.
5. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the villagers sacrificing?
2. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
3. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
4. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
5. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)