|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were not brave.
(b) They were not skillful with rifles.
(c) They were only capable of trapping.
(d) They were only interested in selling pelts.
2. What creatures emerged after the rains?
3. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A camp-bed.
(d) A mattress on the floor.
4. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Twenty-five pounds.
(c) Thirty pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
5. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
(a) A blouse.
(b) A dress.
(c) A hat.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
2. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
3. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
4. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
5. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
2. Why were the other adults so upset at Mr. Roos for trapping the leopard?
3. How did the adults try to comfort Elspeth when she could not go on the safari, and did it work?
4. Describe how Elspeth viewed the dead leopard.
5. Why did Robin agree with the Italian priests in their refusal to baptize or help Njombo?
6. In what ways did Elspeth find the siafu (warrior ants) the most frightening and mysterious of Africa's creatures?
7. Why did Hereward express a willingness to die in a violent storm?
8. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
9. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
10. What did Tilly think was the ultimate reason for the Europeans to be in Africa?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)