|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
(a) Khaki shorts.
2. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
3. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
4. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had been stolen.
(b) She had been injured.
(c) She had found a mate.
(d) She had gotten lost.
5. What song did all of the settlers join in singing at the Palmers?
(a) God Save the Queen.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Ring Around the Roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
2. What did the first trap catch?
3. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
4. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
5. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Elspeth viewed the dead leopard.
2. Why did the District Commissioner find it difficult to keep locals out of the prison?
3. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
4. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
5. How did the Kikuyu deal with the suffering of animals?
6. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
7. Why did Robin agree with the Italian priests in their refusal to baptize or help Njombo?
8. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
9. How did Elspeth view the planned hunt versus the actual hunt?
10. Why were the other adults so upset at Mr. Roos for trapping the leopard?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)