|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(c) Sammy's wife.
(d) Sammy's son.
2. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
(b) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(c) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
(d) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
3. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not white.
(b) He was not baptized.
(c) He had been married to several women.
(d) He was not Italian.
4. How many cattle did Sammy own?
5. What was the roof made of?
(a) Corrugated iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
2. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
3. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
4. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
5. Who was blamed for the accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lettice Palmer view Hereward's desperate attempts to impose discipline on his workers?
2. In what ways did Elspeth find the siafu (warrior ants) the most frightening and mysterious of Africa's creatures?
3. How did Ian describe Ahmed's people (Somalis), whom he had lived among before coming to Africa?
4. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
5. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
6. How did the adults try to comfort Elspeth when she could not go on the safari, and did it work?
7. Why did Hereward express a willingness to die in a violent storm?
8. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
9. Why did Robin agree with the Italian priests in their refusal to baptize or help Njombo?
10. How did the Kikuyu deal with the suffering of animals?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)