|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the leopard tracked to?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) The bank of the river.
(c) The plains.
(d) Another village.
2. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A python.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A duiker.
(d) A leopard.
3. What creatures emerged after the rains?
4. What had the python eaten?
(a) A baby.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dikdik.
(d) A hyena.
5. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
2. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
3. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
4. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
5. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lettice elope with Hereward?
2. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
3. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
4. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
5. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
6. Why were the other adults so upset at Mr. Roos for trapping the leopard?
7. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
8. What did the Kikuyu do to preserve memories of the dead?
9. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
10. In what ways did Elspeth find the siafu (warrior ants) the most frightening and mysterious of Africa's creatures?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)