|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cattle did Sammy own?
2. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
(a) It was very young.
(b) It was very old.
(c) It was lame.
(d) It was pregnant.
3. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(b) He hired a wizard.
(c) He hired a shaman.
(d) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
4. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
5. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A python.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
2. What did Elspeth sleep on?
3. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
4. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
5. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elspeth use the imagery of the kitchen beaters to convey the sense that Europeans and Africans were living in parallel worlds?
2. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
3. Why did Robin agree with the Italian priests in their refusal to baptize or help Njombo?
4. How did the Europeans view the difference between a bribe and a tip?
5. Why did Hereward express a willingness to die in a violent storm?
6. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
7. How did Lettice Palmer view Hereward's desperate attempts to impose discipline on his workers?
8. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
9. How did the Kikuyu deal with the suffering of animals?
10. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)