|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
(a) Ian Crawfurd.
(b) Roger Stilbeck.
2. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
(a) A python.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A whydah-bird.
(d) A boomklop.
3. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A window.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) A blade of sharp grass.
4. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
5. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only common element in the different styles of traps built for leopards?
2. How many spare rooms did the Palmer's stone bungalow have?
3. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
4. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
5. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elspeth use the imagery of the kitchen beaters to convey the sense that Europeans and Africans were living in parallel worlds?
2. How did Ian describe Ahmed's people (Somalis), whom he had lived among before coming to Africa?
3. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
4. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
5. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
6. How did the Kikuyu deal with the suffering of animals?
7. How did Lettice Palmer view Hereward's desperate attempts to impose discipline on his workers?
8. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
9. Why did the District Commissioner find it difficult to keep locals out of the prison?
10. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)