|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
2. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
(a) It was lame.
(b) It was pregnant.
(c) It was very young.
(d) It was very old.
3. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
4. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
(a) It was injured, but escaped.
(b) It escaped without injury.
(c) It was killed instantly.
(d) It was trapped but still alive.
5. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
(a) Mrs. Nimmo.
(b) The Crawfords.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
2. What was Robin told would make a good gift for the new couple?
3. What was the rumor about Lettice's marriage to an older man at 18?
4. What were the villagers sacrificing?
5. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
2. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
3. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
4. How did the other Europeans and the Kikuyu feel about the Italian priests at the mission?
5. How did Lettice Palmer view Hereward's desperate attempts to impose discipline on his workers?
6. How did Elspeth view the planned hunt versus the actual hunt?
7. How did the Europeans view the difference between a bribe and a tip?
8. Why were the other adults so upset at Mr. Roos for trapping the leopard?
9. What did Tilly think was the ultimate reason for the Europeans to be in Africa?
10. How did Elspeth use the imagery of the kitchen beaters to convey the sense that Europeans and Africans were living in parallel worlds?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)