|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
(a) A cello.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) An armoir.
(d) A piano.
2. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had been injured.
(b) She had found a mate.
(c) She had been stolen.
(d) She had gotten lost.
3. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) A goat.
(b) A saddle.
(c) Her own safari.
(d) A duiker.
4. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) The crops would fail.
(b) The rains would never end.
(c) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(d) There would be no rain.
5. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
2. What was the name of the bay horse?
3. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
4. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
5. Where was Twinkle found?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
2. How did Elspeth view the planned hunt versus the actual hunt?
3. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
4. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
5. How did Elspeth use the imagery of the kitchen beaters to convey the sense that Europeans and Africans were living in parallel worlds?
6. How did the Kikuyu deal with the suffering of animals?
7. Why did the District Commissioner find it difficult to keep locals out of the prison?
8. How did the Kikuyu and Masai differ in their approaches to hunting?
9. How did Ian describe Ahmed's people (Somalis), whom he had lived among before coming to Africa?
10. What did the Kikuyu do to preserve memories of the dead?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)