|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
2. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The river.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) A cave.
3. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
(a) Because he had violated village rules.
(b) Because he worked for Europeans.
(c) Because he was Masai.
(d) Because he had become Christian.
4. How many goats did Tilly say the District Commissioner would fine Kupanya if the curse were not lifted?
5. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A python.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A duiker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a mundu-mago?
2. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
3. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
4. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
5. What song did all of the settlers join in singing at the Palmers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Lettice convinced that she brought disaster on her loved ones?
2. Why were the other adults so upset at Mr. Roos for trapping the leopard?
3. How did the Kikuyu deal with the suffering of animals?
4. How did the Europeans view the difference between a bribe and a tip?
5. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
6. How did the Kikuyu and Masai differ in their approaches to hunting?
7. What did Tilly think was the ultimate reason for the Europeans to be in Africa?
8. What did the Kikuyu do to preserve memories of the dead?
9. How did the adults try to comfort Elspeth when she could not go on the safari, and did it work?
10. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)