|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Twinkle found?
(a) At another village.
(b) By the river in the reserve.
(c) By the waterfall.
(d) By the watering hole.
2. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Kept her body in the hut.
(b) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
(c) Brought her body back to her native village.
(d) Burned down her hut.
3. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
(c) Mrs. Nimmo.
(d) The Crawfords.
4. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A piano.
(b) A book.
(c) A watch.
(d) A blanket.
5. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
2. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
3. What did Lettice do during thunderstorms?
4. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
5. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Europeans view the difference between a bribe and a tip?
2. How did Lettice Palmer view Hereward's desperate attempts to impose discipline on his workers?
3. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
4. Describe how Elspeth viewed the dead leopard.
5. Why were Tilly and Lettice suspicious of Mr. Roos' behavior toward Elspeth?
6. How did the Palmer's house differ from the Huxley's residence?
7. How did the Kikuyu and Masai differ in their approaches to hunting?
8. How did the adults try to comfort Elspeth when she could not go on the safari, and did it work?
9. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
10. How did Elspeth view the planned hunt versus the actual hunt?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)