|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elspeth receive as a gift at the New Year's party?
(a) A stuffed chameleon.
(b) A stuffed porcupine.
(c) A stuffed crocodile.
(d) A stuffed pythong.
2. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
(a) Finding precious stones and metals.
(b) Running a ranch.
(d) Getting a government job.
3. What did the author refer to as "that sovereign remedy for almost everything"?
(a) Epsom salts.
(c) Cod-liver oil.
4. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
(c) Loud singing.
5. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robin agree to pay for the work?
2. What faith did Juma claim to be?
3. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
4. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
5. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
2. Describe the relationship the Kikuyu had with their surroundings.
3. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
4. What were the Huxley's first impressions upon seeing the land that they had bought?
5. What did the Masai consider the greatest glory of mankind?
6. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
7. How did the differences between Mrs. Nimmo and Tilly come through in their first meeting?
8. Describe the personalities of Mr. and Mrs. Oram.
9. What happened to Njombo after he killed the man on the Palmer's property?
10. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)