|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Orams leaving Ruiri?
(a) They missed the Transvaal.
(b) They were returning to the Netherlands.
(c) They were getting more land in the Free State.
(d) It was getting overcrowded.
2. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Vladimir Lenin.
3. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
(c) Loud singing.
4. What was the murder victim's name?
5. What did the Kikuyu do if someone died inside a hut?
(a) They burned the hut down.
(b) They buried the person in the hut.
(c) They gave the hut to survivors.
(d) They moved the hut to another location.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the District Commissioner located?
2. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
3. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
4. What did the author refer to as "that sovereign remedy for almost everything"?
5. What did Robin desire after making his fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
2. How did Elsepth Huxley describe the smell of Africa?
3. What did the Masai consider the greatest glory of mankind?
4. Briefly describe Elspeth's education in Africa.
5. What became of Tilly's initial attempt to "preserve an appearance of leisured elegance"?
6. How did Robin and Kupanya differ in their approach to negotiating the terms of a workers' contract?
7. Describe the personalities of Mr. and Mrs. Oram.
8. How did Mrs. Nimmo react to the wild New Year's party?
9. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
10. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)