|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
2. What building material did Njombo refuse to use?
(a) Iron nails.
(d) Wooden boards.
3. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
4. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
(a) Five days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
5. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
(a) Began harvesting.
(b) Went on safari.
(c) Went to Nairobi for supplies.
(d) Went to Nairobi for the races.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
2. What ancient story did Crawford use as an example?
3. Why did Sammy question the wisdom of burying the murder victim?
4. What was the murder victim's name?
5. What kind of chickens did Tilly bring from England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
2. How did Robin and Kupanya differ in their approach to negotiating the terms of a workers' contract?
3. Briefly describe Elspeth's education in Africa.
4. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
5. Describe the personality of Pioneer Mary.
6. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
7. Why were the natives so fascinated by the lamp, but did not care about the gramophone?
8. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
9. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
10. What was Lettice Palmer's first reaction to the health conditions in Africa?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)