|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
(a) A snake.
(b) A duiker.
(c) A pony.
(d) A chameleon.
2. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
(a) Under the toenail.
(b) In the ears.
(c) On the scalp.
(d) Under the fingernail.
3. Where was the District Commissioner located?
(a) Fort Mitchell.
(b) Fort Smith.
(c) Fort Hall.
(d) Fort Carter.
4. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
(a) Went to Nairobi for supplies.
(b) Began harvesting.
(c) Went on safari.
(d) Went to Nairobi for the races.
5. What did the natives take after negotiating payment for work?
(b) Tin cups.
(c) The sewing machine.
(d) The gramophone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
2. What natural phenomenon did Mrs. Palmer see in her travels to Scandinavia?
3. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
4. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
5. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
2. What became of Tilly's initial attempt to "preserve an appearance of leisured elegance"?
3. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
4. What was Lettice Palmer's first reaction to the health conditions in Africa?
5. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
6. What did the Masai consider the greatest glory of mankind?
7. How did Huxley describe the Kikuyu attitude toward theft?
8. Why were the natives so eager to bring their children to Tilly?
9. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
10. What happened to Njombo after he killed the man on the Palmer's property?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)