|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elspeth receive as a gift at the New Year's party?
(a) A stuffed crocodile.
(b) A stuffed pythong.
(c) A stuffed porcupine.
(d) A stuffed chameleon.
2. Where was Mr. Nimmo allegedly detained on business?
(c) South Africa.
(d) Belgian Congo.
3. What country did Mrs. Palmer like the best?
4. Where was the District Commissioner located?
(a) Fort Hall.
(b) Fort Smith.
(c) Fort Mitchell.
(d) Fort Carter.
5. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Roos kick Sammy?
2. In what African country had Robin mined for metals?
3. Who accompanied Ian Crawfurd when he arrived at Thika?
4. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
5. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
2. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
3. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
4. What were the Huxley's first impressions upon seeing the land that they had bought?
5. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
6. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
7. Why was Tilly so overwhelmed by Africa in the first few weeks in Thika?
8. What did the Masai consider the greatest glory of mankind?
9. What was Lettice Palmer's first reaction to the health conditions in Africa?
10. Describe the personalities of Mr. and Mrs. Oram.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)