|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
(a) By seeking the help of local Africans.
(b) By simply doing it.
(c) By reading textbooks and government reports.
(d) By seeking the help of other European settlers.
2. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
(c) Mr. Roos.
3. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(a) Building houses.
(c) Working with the government.
4. What did the Kikuyu do if someone died inside a hut?
(a) They gave the hut to survivors.
(b) They burned the hut down.
(c) They buried the person in the hut.
(d) They moved the hut to another location.
5. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Randall Smith's nationality?
2. What sentimental possession of Mrs. Nimmo's was damaged during the party?
3. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
4. What are siafu?
5. What kind of dogs did the Palmers bring to Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the natives so eager to bring their children to Tilly?
2. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
3. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
4. What was Mrs. Crawford's opinion of vegetarianism?
5. What did the Kikuyu do to preserve memories of the dead?
6. What was Lettice Palmer's first reaction to the health conditions in Africa?
7. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
8. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
9. Why did Lettice elope with Hereward?
10. How did Alec Wilson and Robin Huxley differ in their approaches to new, potentially profitable projects?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)