|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did Robin have a hard time handling?
2. What did Crawford say was a sign of a made-up story?
(a) A neat and tidy ending.
(b) A tragic ending.
(c) No ending at all.
(d) A happy ending.
3. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
4. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
5. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(a) Building houses.
(d) Working with the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what African country had Robin mined for metals?
2. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
3. In the folktale, what resulted from the chameleon's failure to deliver God's message?
4. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
5. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Robin and Kupanya differ in their approach to negotiating the terms of a workers' contract?
2. Describe the personality of Pioneer Mary.
3. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
4. Why were the natives so fascinated by the lamp, but did not care about the gramophone?
5. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
6. What happened to Njombo after he killed the man on the Palmer's property?
7. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
8. Why did Mrs. Palmer tell Elspeth Huxley that she should get two of any animal she wished to keep as a pet?
9. What was Lettice Palmer's first reaction to the health conditions in Africa?
10. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)