|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Attending church services.
(b) Planting gardens.
(c) Negotiating business deals.
(d) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
2. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) The couple's horses.
(b) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(c) The couple's furniture.
(d) The couple's cars.
3. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
(d) Loud singing.
4. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
5. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
(a) Getting a government job.
(b) Finding precious stones and metals.
(d) Running a ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robin agree to pay for the work?
2. What sentimental possession of Mrs. Nimmo's was damaged during the party?
3. In the folktale, what resulted from the chameleon's failure to deliver God's message?
4. What kind of background did Robin say would cause a chameleon to explode?
5. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tilly think was the ultimate reason for the Europeans to be in Africa?
2. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
3. What happened to Njombo after he killed the man on the Palmer's property?
4. How did Ian justify the brutality of the Abyssinian leaders he encountered before coming to Africa?
5. Why did the District Commissioner find it difficult to keep locals out of the prison?
6. Why did Elspeth believe that Lettice had changed when she seemed on the verge of teasing the little girl?
7. Describe Mrs. (Humphrey) Crawford's personality.
8. What were the Huxley's first impressions upon seeing the land that they had bought?
9. Why did the Kikuyu distrust hyenas?
10. How did the Kikuyu and Masai differ in their approaches to hunting?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)