|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Roos kick Sammy?
(a) Sammy yelled at Mr. Roos.
(b) Sammy went home.
(c) Sammy stole money.
(d) Sammy ignored an order.
2. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Vladimir Lenin.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
3. What was the murder victim's name?
4. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) One week.
5. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
2. What are siafu?
3. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
4. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
5. What did Elspeth call her pony?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Elsepth Huxley describe the smell of Africa?
2. What was the significance of the gift Kupanya gave to Elspeth as her family prepared to leave Africa?
3. Describe Mr. Nimmo's personality and how it affected his wife.
4. How did Elspeth view the planned hunt versus the actual hunt?
5. Why were the villagers so concerned about the python near the village?
6. How did the adults try to comfort Elspeth when she could not go on the safari, and did it work?
7. How did the Kikuyu and Masai differ in their approaches to hunting?
8. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
9. Why were the other adults so upset at Mr. Roos for trapping the leopard?
10. Why were the natives so eager to bring their children to Tilly?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)