|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Robin desire after making his fortune?
(a) To go to Australia.
(b) To travel around the world.
(c) To go on safari.
(d) To do nothing.
2. What kind of background did Robin say would cause a chameleon to explode?
(a) An argyle sock.
(b) A tartan rug.
(c) A polka-dotted rug.
(d) A piece of camoflage.
3. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
4. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
5. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(d) Human corpses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the murder victim's name?
2. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
3. What did Robin initially try to use to "break the ice" with the natives?
4. Why was Alec Wilson in Africa?
5. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Tilly so overwhelmed by Africa in the first few weeks in Thika?
2. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
3. How did Huxley describe the Kikuyu attitude toward theft?
4. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
5. Describe the personalities of Mr. and Mrs. Oram.
6. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
7. How did Elsepth Huxley describe the smell of Africa?
8. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
9. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
10. How did Robin and Kupanya differ in their approach to negotiating the terms of a workers' contract?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)