|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
2. What kind of chickens did Tilly bring from England?
(a) Rhode Island Reds.
(b) Speckled Essex.
(c) Speckled Sussex.
3. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(a) Building houses.
(d) Working with the government.
4. What was Elspeth eating in a "funny" way at Mrs. Nimmo's the day after the party?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Poached eggs.
5. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What faith did Juma claim to be?
2. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
3. Why did Sammy question the wisdom of burying the murder victim?
4. In the folktale, what resulted from the chameleon's failure to deliver God's message?
5. What crop was Smith growing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
2. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
3. Describe the relationship the Kikuyu had with their surroundings.
4. What became of Tilly's initial attempt to "preserve an appearance of leisured elegance"?
5. Why did Mrs. Palmer tell Elspeth Huxley that she should get two of any animal she wished to keep as a pet?
6. What did the Masai consider the greatest glory of mankind?
7. Describe the personality of Pioneer Mary.
8. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
9. How did the differences between Mrs. Nimmo and Tilly come through in their first meeting?
10. What were the Huxley's first impressions upon seeing the land that they had bought?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)