|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
(a) Finding precious stones and metals.
(b) Running a ranch.
(d) Getting a government job.
2. Why did Njombo object to the house plans for the Huxleys?
(a) The house was circular.
(b) The house was made of brick.
(c) The house would face the wrong way.
(d) The house was rectangular.
3. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Planting gardens.
(b) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
(c) Attending church services.
(d) Negotiating business deals.
4. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
5. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(b) Working with the government.
(d) Building houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
2. What was Njombo saving up the goats for?
3. What did Elspeth receive as a gift at the New Year's party?
4. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
5. What was the name of the Irishwoman known for her fearlessness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personalities of Mr. and Mrs. Oram.
2. Describe the relationship the Kikuyu had with their surroundings.
3. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
4. Why were the natives so eager to bring their children to Tilly?
5. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
6. What was Lettice Palmer's first reaction to the health conditions in Africa?
7. What happened to Njombo after he killed the man on the Palmer's property?
8. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
9. Why were the natives so fascinated by the lamp, but did not care about the gramophone?
10. Describe the personality of Pioneer Mary.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)