|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faith did Juma claim to be?
2. What natural phenomenon did Mrs. Palmer see in her travels to Scandinavia?
(a) The aurora borealis.
(b) A comet.
(c) A total lunar eclipse.
(d) A total solar eclipse.
3. How long did Sammy stay at Fort Hall?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) Almost a month.
(c) Almost a full season.
(d) Almost a year.
4. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
5. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robin agree to pay for the work?
2. What ancient story did Crawford use as an example?
3. What animal did Crawford "assign" to Mr. Palmer?
4. What was Njombo saving up the goats for?
5. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the personality of Pioneer Mary.
2. Why were the natives so eager to bring their children to Tilly?
3. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
4. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
5. Why did Elspeth get upset at the end of Crawford's story about the whydah birds?
6. Why were the natives so fascinated by the lamp, but did not care about the gramophone?
7. How did the differences between Mrs. Nimmo and Tilly come through in their first meeting?
8. What did the Masai consider the greatest glory of mankind?
9. What were the Huxley's first impressions upon seeing the land that they had bought?
10. What became of Tilly's initial attempt to "preserve an appearance of leisured elegance"?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)