|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(a) Building houses.
(d) Working with the government.
2. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
(d) Mr. Roos.
3. What kind of background did Robin say would cause a chameleon to explode?
(a) An argyle sock.
(b) A polka-dotted rug.
(c) A piece of camoflage.
(d) A tartan rug.
4. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(a) The sun.
5. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the District Commissioner located?
2. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
3. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
4. What did the natives take after negotiating payment for work?
5. What was Njombo saving up the goats for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the natives so eager to bring their children to Tilly?
2. What did Lettice Palmer find most disturbing about Africa and what was she most concerned about for herself and fellow Europeans?
3. Describe the relationship the Kikuyu had with their surroundings.
4. Why were the natives so fascinated by the lamp, but did not care about the gramophone?
5. How did Huxley describe the Kikuyu attitude toward theft?
6. What kind of person did Ian Crawford appear to be?
7. How did Juma view the local inhabitants outside of Nairobi?
8. How did Mrs. Palmer react to the condition of the man who was attacked and murdered on her property?
9. Why was Robin having a difficult time with the oxen?
10. Briefly describe Elspeth's education in Africa.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)