|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
(a) It was lame.
(b) It was pregnant.
(c) It was very old.
(d) It was very young.
2. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A window.
(c) A blade of sharp grass.
(d) A sharp rock.
3. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(b) Sammy's wife.
(c) Sammy's son.
4. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A watch.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A book.
(d) A piano.
5. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His surviving children.
(b) His hut.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His surviving wives.
6. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) With a charm.
(b) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
(c) By building a fence.
(d) By praying.
7. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
(c) Khaki shorts.
8. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Knocked down fencing.
(b) Ate one of their dogs.
(c) Ate several of their goats.
(d) Destroyed part of the house.
9. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
(b) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(c) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
(d) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
10. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
11. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
(a) A whydah-bird.
(b) A boomklop.
(c) A python.
(d) A waterfall.
12. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Going around a lake.
(b) The weight was too much for the cart.
(c) Crossing the river.
(d) Being attacked by bandits.
13. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
14. What had the python eaten?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dikdik.
(c) A baby.
(d) A hyena.
15. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
(a) The colonial holdings of England.
(b) The counties of England.
(c) The Prime Ministers of England.
(d) The kings of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
2. What were the villagers sacrificing?
3. What did Lettice do during thunderstorms?
4. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
5. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)