|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
2. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
(a) Roger Stilbeck.
(c) Ian Crawfurd.
3. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
(a) Twenty-five pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Thirty pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
4. Where was the leopard tracked to?
(a) Another village.
(b) The bank of the river.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) The plains.
5. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His surviving children.
(b) His surviving wives.
(c) His hut.
(d) His cattle.
6. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A python.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A leopard.
7. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were not brave.
(b) They were only interested in selling pelts.
(c) They were only capable of trapping.
(d) They were not skillful with rifles.
8. Where was Twinkle found?
(a) At another village.
(b) By the waterfall.
(c) By the watering hole.
(d) By the river in the reserve.
9. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
(b) Scarlet fever.
10. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
(a) They were underdressed.
(b) They were drunk.
(c) They smelled.
(d) They were completely naked.
11. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A goat.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A python.
12. What does the word "kali" mean?
(a) Fierce or bold.
13. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
(a) Life science.
(b) Bible readings.
(c) Local folklore.
14. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Crossing the river.
(b) Being attacked by bandits.
(c) The weight was too much for the cart.
(d) Going around a lake.
15. What was the rumor about Lettice's marriage to an older man at 18?
(a) Her father lost her in a card game.
(b) Her father gave her away to advance in business.
(c) She had been pregnant.
(d) The man had threatened her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
2. What had the python eaten?
3. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
4. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
5. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)