|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bay horse?
2. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
(b) Mrs. Nimmo.
(d) The Crawfords.
3. Where was the leopard tracked to?
(a) Another village.
(b) The plains.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) The bank of the river.
4. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
(a) Life science.
(b) Local folklore.
(c) Bible readings.
5. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
(a) A second goat.
(c) Fetid meat.
(d) A dog.
6. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
7. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) A cave.
(b) The waterfall.
(c) The river.
(d) The mountain.
8. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
9. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Twenty-five pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
10. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(b) He hired a shaman.
(c) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(d) He hired a wizard.
11. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
12. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
(a) It was very young.
(b) It was lame.
(c) It was pregnant.
(d) It was very old.
13. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
14. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A duiker.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A python.
15. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
2. What was the only common element in the different styles of traps built for leopards?
3. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
4. Who accompanied Tilly to Kupanya to discuss the bewitching?
5. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)