|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
(b) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
(c) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(d) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
2. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Destroyed part of the house.
(b) Ate one of their dogs.
(c) Ate several of their goats.
(d) Knocked down fencing.
3. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
4. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A book.
(c) A piano.
(d) A watch.
5. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(a) A camp-bed.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) A mattress on the floor.
6. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) Her own safari.
(b) A saddle.
(c) A goat.
(d) A duiker.
7. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Burned down her hut.
(b) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
(c) Brought her body back to her native village.
(d) Kept her body in the hut.
8. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
9. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A python.
(b) A goat.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A hyena.
10. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
11. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
12. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
(b) With a charm.
(c) By praying.
(d) By building a fence.
13. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
(a) Thirty pounds.
(b) Fifty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Twenty-five pounds.
14. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
(a) 8:00 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
15. What had the python eaten?
(a) A dikdik.
(b) A baby.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
2. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
3. How many goats did Tilly say the District Commissioner would fine Kupanya if the curse were not lifted?
4. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
5. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)