|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
2. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
3. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a shaman.
(b) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(c) He hired a wizard.
(d) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
4. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(b) There would be no rain.
(c) The crops would fail.
(d) The rains would never end.
5. Who was blamed for the accident?
6. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A whydah-bird.
(c) A python.
(d) A boomklop.
7. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
8. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
(b) A second goat.
(c) Fetid meat.
(d) A dog.
9. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
10. What had the python eaten?
(a) A baby.
(b) A dikdik.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A goat.
11. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A blade of sharp grass.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) A window.
12. Who accompanied Tilly to Kupanya to discuss the bewitching?
13. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(b) Sammy's wife.
(d) Sammy's son.
14. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
15. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had been stolen.
(b) She had found a mate.
(c) She had been injured.
(d) She had gotten lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Robin told would make a good gift for the new couple?
2. What song did all of the settlers join in singing at the Palmers?
3. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
4. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
5. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)