|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(b) He hired a shaman.
(c) He hired a wizard.
(d) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
2. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
(a) It was lame.
(b) It was very old.
(c) It was pregnant.
(d) It was very young.
3. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Burned down her hut.
(b) Kept her body in the hut.
(c) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
(d) Brought her body back to her native village.
4. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) By building a fence.
(b) With a charm.
(c) By praying.
(d) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
5. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
(a) The Prime Ministers of England.
(b) The counties of England.
(c) The colonial holdings of England.
(d) The kings of England.
6. What were the villagers sacrificing?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A goat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A python.
7. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
8. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A python.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A duiker.
9. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A book.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A watch.
(d) A piano.
10. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were not skillful with rifles.
(b) They were not brave.
(c) They were only capable of trapping.
(d) They were only interested in selling pelts.
11. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
12. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
(a) A piano.
(b) An armoir.
(c) A harpsichord.
(d) A cello.
13. How many cattle did Sammy own?
14. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
15. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
2. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
3. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
4. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
5. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)