|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
2. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
3. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
4. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not Italian.
(b) He had been married to several women.
(c) He was not baptized.
(d) He was not white.
5. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
6. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A book.
(b) A piano.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A watch.
7. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
(a) Roger Stilbeck.
(c) Ian Crawfurd.
8. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
9. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
(c) The Crawfords.
(d) Mrs. Nimmo.
10. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) With a charm.
(b) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
(c) By praying.
(d) By building a fence.
11. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(b) The crops would fail.
(c) The rains would never end.
(d) There would be no rain.
12. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
(a) A dog.
(b) A second goat.
(c) Fetid meat.
13. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
(a) They smelled.
(b) They were underdressed.
(c) They were drunk.
(d) They were completely naked.
14. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
15. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
2. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
3. Where was Twinkle found?
4. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
5. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)