|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
(b) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
(c) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(d) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
2. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
3. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
4. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Destroyed part of the house.
(b) Ate several of their goats.
(c) Ate one of their dogs.
(d) Knocked down fencing.
5. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
(a) Sour yeast.
(d) European beer.
6. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A river.
(b) The sunset.
(c) An approaching storm.
(d) The sunrise.
7. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A goat.
(d) A python.
8. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His hut.
(b) His surviving wives.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His surviving children.
9. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 8:00 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
10. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
(a) Scarlet fever.
11. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Burned down her hut.
(b) Kept her body in the hut.
(c) Brought her body back to her native village.
(d) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
12. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had gotten lost.
(b) She had been stolen.
(c) She had been injured.
(d) She had found a mate.
13. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A book.
(b) A piano.
(c) A watch.
(d) A blanket.
14. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
15. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
(a) A dog.
(c) Fetid meat.
(d) A second goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
2. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
3. Where was the leopard tracked to?
4. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
5. How many spare rooms did the Palmer's stone bungalow have?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)