|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
2. Who accompanied Tilly to Kupanya to discuss the bewitching?
3. What was the rumor about Lettice's marriage to an older man at 18?
(a) Her father gave her away to advance in business.
(b) Her father lost her in a card game.
(c) The man had threatened her family.
(d) She had been pregnant.
4. How many cattle did Sammy own?
5. At what time did Elspeth's lessons begin in Chapter 20?
(a) 6:30 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
6. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(a) Sammy's son.
(c) Sammy's wife.
7. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
8. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A python.
(d) A leopard.
9. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
(a) They were underdressed.
(b) They smelled.
(c) They were drunk.
(d) They were completely naked.
10. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
(a) Johnny Appleseed.
(b) Wild Bill Hickock.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
11. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not white.
(b) He was not baptized.
(c) He had been married to several women.
(d) He was not Italian.
12. Where was the leopard tracked to?
(a) The plains.
(b) Another village.
(c) The bank of the river.
(d) A waterfall.
13. What had the python eaten?
(a) A dikdik.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A baby.
(d) A goat.
14. What creatures emerged after the rains?
15. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) A goat.
(b) A saddle.
(c) A duiker.
(d) Her own safari.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
2. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
3. Who was blamed for the accident?
4. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
5. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)