|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures emerged after the rains?
2. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His cattle.
(b) His hut.
(c) His surviving wives.
(d) His surviving children.
3. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
(b) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
(c) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(d) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
4. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
(a) The Prime Ministers of England.
(b) The counties of England.
(c) The kings of England.
(d) The colonial holdings of England.
5. What had the python eaten?
(a) A goat.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A baby.
(d) A dikdik.
6. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were not skillful with rifles.
(b) They were only interested in selling pelts.
(c) They were only capable of trapping.
(d) They were not brave.
7. How many cattle did Sammy own?
8. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A boomklop.
(c) A whydah-bird.
(d) A python.
9. What was the roof made of?
(b) Corrugated iron.
10. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(b) Sammy's son.
(d) Sammy's wife.
11. What was the name of the bay horse?
12. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
13. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A python.
(c) A goat.
(d) A leopard.
14. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
(a) Local folklore.
(c) Life science.
(d) Bible readings.
15. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A river.
(b) An approaching storm.
(c) The sunset.
(d) The sunrise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
2. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
3. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
4. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
5. What special item did Lettice Palmer provide for her two dogs?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)