|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) The waterfall.
(b) The river.
(c) The mountain.
(d) A cave.
2. What was the roof made of?
(a) Corrugated iron.
3. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
(a) A dress.
(b) A new pair of shoes.
(c) A hat.
(d) A blouse.
4. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
5. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
6. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
7. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
8. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not white.
(b) He was not baptized.
(c) He was not Italian.
(d) He had been married to several women.
9. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
10. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(a) A camp-bed.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A mattress on the floor.
11. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Ate several of their goats.
(b) Ate one of their dogs.
(c) Destroyed part of the house.
(d) Knocked down fencing.
12. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A river.
(b) An approaching storm.
(c) The sunrise.
(d) The sunset.
13. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
(b) Brought her body back to her native village.
(c) Burned down her hut.
(d) Kept her body in the hut.
14. How many cattle did Sammy own?
15. What had the python eaten?
(a) A baby.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A dikdik.
(d) A goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
2. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
3. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
4. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
5. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)