|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) A cave.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The river.
(d) The waterfall.
2. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
3. Where was the leopard tracked to?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) The plains.
(c) Another village.
(d) The bank of the river.
4. What were the villagers sacrificing?
(a) A bull.
(b) A goat.
(c) A python.
(d) A duiker.
5. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
6. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
7. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
(a) Ian Crawfurd.
(b) Roger Stilbeck.
8. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
(a) Because he worked for Europeans.
(b) Because he had violated village rules.
(c) Because he was Masai.
(d) Because he had become Christian.
9. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) Her own safari.
(b) A duiker.
(c) A goat.
(d) A saddle.
10. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He had been married to several women.
(b) He was not white.
(c) He was not Italian.
(d) He was not baptized.
11. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His hut.
(b) His surviving wives.
(c) His surviving children.
(d) His cattle.
12. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) A river.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) An approaching storm.
(d) The sunset.
13. What did Lettice do during thunderstorms?
(a) Hid in a cupboard or under bedclothes.
(b) Retreated to the cellar.
(d) Went outside because she enjoyed them.
14. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Ate several of their goats.
(b) Knocked down fencing.
(c) Destroyed part of the house.
(d) Ate one of their dogs.
15. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
2. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
3. What was special about the animal killed by the hunters in Chapter 12?
4. What did Elspeth sleep on?
5. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)