|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Tilly to Kupanya to discuss the bewitching?
2. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His surviving wives.
(b) His surviving children.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His hut.
3. What did Lettice do during thunderstorms?
(b) Retreated to the cellar.
(c) Hid in a cupboard or under bedclothes.
(d) Went outside because she enjoyed them.
4. What was the name of the bay horse?
5. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A window.
(b) A blade of sharp grass.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) A broken bottle.
6. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
(a) European beer.
(d) Sour yeast.
7. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A python.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A goat.
8. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Going around a lake.
(b) Crossing the river.
(c) Being attacked by bandits.
(d) The weight was too much for the cart.
9. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(b) Sammy's wife.
(c) Sammy's son.
10. What special item did Lettice Palmer provide for her two dogs?
(a) Separate dog runs.
(c) Separate kennels.
(d) Silver food bowls.
11. What was the only common element in the different styles of traps built for leopards?
(a) The use of goats as bait.
(b) The use of poison.
(c) The digging of a pit.
(d) The use of strips of meat as bait.
12. What had the python eaten?
(a) A baby.
(b) A goat.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A dikdik.
13. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
14. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
(a) Destroyed part of the house.
(b) Ate one of their dogs.
(c) Ate several of their goats.
(d) Knocked down fencing.
15. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A piano.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A book.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "kali" mean?
2. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
3. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
4. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
5. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)