|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a wizard.
(b) He hired a shaman.
(c) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(d) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
2. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
3. What color was Ian's Somali shawl?
4. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(a) A sleeping bag.
(b) A camp-bed.
(d) A mattress on the floor.
5. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
(b) Scarlet fever.
6. What creatures emerged after the rains?
7. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He had been married to several women.
(b) He was not white.
(c) He was not baptized.
(d) He was not Italian.
8. What did the priests at the Italian mission plant?
9. Who was blamed for the accident?
10. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
11. What was a mundu-mago?
(a) A witch-doctor.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A chief.
(d) A soothsayer.
12. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A python.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A goat.
13. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
14. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The sunset.
(b) An approaching storm.
(c) A river.
(d) The sunrise.
15. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
(b) Kept her body in the hut.
(c) Burned down her hut.
(d) Brought her body back to her native village.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cattle did Sammy own?
2. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
3. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
4. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
5. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)