|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(a) A mattress on the floor.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(d) A camp-bed.
2. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
3. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
(a) Because he worked for Europeans.
(b) Because he had violated village rules.
(c) Because he had become Christian.
(d) Because he was Masai.
4. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A sharp rock.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) A blade of sharp grass.
(d) A window.
5. Who was blamed for the accident?
6. How many spare rooms did the Palmer's stone bungalow have?
7. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A goat.
(c) A duiker.
(d) Her own safari.
8. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Twenty-five pounds.
9. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) The crops would fail.
(b) There would be no rain.
(c) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(d) The rains would never end.
10. Who accompanied Tilly to Kupanya to discuss the bewitching?
11. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
(b) Roger Stilbeck.
(c) Ian Crawfurd.
12. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
(a) Fetid meat.
(b) A second goat.
(d) A dog.
13. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
(a) Sour yeast.
(b) European beer.
14. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
(a) They were completely naked.
(b) They were drunk.
(c) They were underdressed.
(d) They smelled.
15. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A goat.
(b) A python.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A hyena.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the leopard do to the Palmers?
2. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
3. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
4. What were the villagers sacrificing?
5. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)