|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
2. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(b) There would be no rain.
(c) The crops would fail.
(d) The rains would never end.
3. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
4. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
(b) Khaki shorts.
5. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The river.
(c) A cave.
(d) The waterfall.
6. How many cattle did Sammy own?
7. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) Her own safari.
(b) A duiker.
(c) A goat.
(d) A saddle.
8. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
(a) It was trapped but still alive.
(b) It was injured, but escaped.
(c) It escaped without injury.
(d) It was killed instantly.
9. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
10. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His cattle.
(b) His hut.
(c) His surviving wives.
(d) His surviving children.
11. What were the villagers sacrificing?
(a) A python.
(b) A goat.
(c) A duiker.
(d) A bull.
12. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A sharp rock.
(b) A broken bottle.
(c) A window.
(d) A blade of sharp grass.
13. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
14. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
(a) Life science.
(c) Bible readings.
(d) Local folklore.
15. Where was Twinkle found?
(a) By the watering hole.
(b) At another village.
(c) By the waterfall.
(d) By the river in the reserve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
2. What had the python eaten?
3. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
4. What does the word "kali" mean?
5. What did Elspeth sleep on?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)