|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
(a) Khaki shorts.
2. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) Johnny Appleseed.
(c) Buffalo Bill.
(d) Wild Bill Hickock.
3. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
(b) Scarlet fever.
4. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
5. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) A cave.
(b) The river.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The mountain.
6. What did Lettice do during thunderstorms?
(b) Retreated to the cellar.
(c) Hid in a cupboard or under bedclothes.
(d) Went outside because she enjoyed them.
7. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
(a) A hat.
(b) A dress.
(c) A blouse.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
8. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
9. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Crossing the river.
(b) The weight was too much for the cart.
(c) Being attacked by bandits.
(d) Going around a lake.
10. What did Mr. Roos add to the trap to make it more effective?
(a) A dog.
(b) Fetid meat.
(d) A second goat.
11. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
(a) They were drunk.
(b) They were underdressed.
(c) They were completely naked.
(d) They smelled.
12. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
13. Where was the leopard tracked to?
(a) The bank of the river.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) Another village.
(d) The plains.
14. What were the villagers sacrificing?
(a) A bull.
(b) A duiker.
(c) A goat.
(d) A python.
15. How many spare rooms did the Palmer's stone bungalow have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
2. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
3. What creatures emerged after the rains?
4. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
5. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)