|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lettice do during thunderstorms?
(b) Retreated to the cellar.
(c) Hid in a cupboard or under bedclothes.
(d) Went outside because she enjoyed them.
2. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were not brave.
(b) They were only capable of trapping.
(c) They were not skillful with rifles.
(d) They were only interested in selling pelts.
3. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a wizard.
(b) He hired a shaman.
(c) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(d) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
4. What had the python eaten?
(a) A dikdik.
(b) A baby.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A goat.
5. Why was Hereward embarrassed around the Kikuyu men?
(a) They were drunk.
(b) They were underdressed.
(c) They were completely naked.
(d) They smelled.
6. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
(d) Scarlet fever.
7. How many princes had been blinded by the Abyssinian emperor?
8. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) By praying.
(b) With a charm.
(c) By building a fence.
(d) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
9. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
(a) A boomklop.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A python.
(d) A whydah-bird.
10. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
(a) Because he had become Christian.
(b) Because he had violated village rules.
(c) Because he was Masai.
(d) Because he worked for Europeans.
11. What was Robin told would make a good gift for the new couple?
(a) A bullock.
(b) A horse.
(c) A duiker.
(d) A goat.
12. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
13. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
(b) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(c) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
(d) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
14. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(a) A mattress on the floor.
(b) A camp-bed.
(d) A sleeping bag.
15. Where did the python go to put on his bright clothes?
(a) A cave.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The waterfall.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song did all of the settlers join in singing at the Palmers?
2. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
3. How many spare rooms did the Palmer's stone bungalow have?
4. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
5. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)