|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a wizard.
(b) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(c) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(d) He hired a shaman.
2. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) By building a fence.
(b) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
(c) With a charm.
(d) By praying.
3. How many goats did Tilly say the District Commissioner would fine Kupanya if the curse were not lifted?
4. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
(a) He was not Italian.
(b) He had been married to several women.
(c) He was not baptized.
(d) He was not white.
5. What does the word "kali" mean?
(b) Fierce or bold.
6. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
(d) Khaki shorts.
7. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His surviving wives.
(b) His surviving children.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His hut.
8. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
9. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
10. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A python.
(c) A hyena.
(d) A leopard.
11. How many cattle did Sammy own?
12. What was Robin told would make a good gift for the new couple?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bullock.
(d) A duiker.
13. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(b) The crops would fail.
(c) There would be no rain.
(d) The rains would never end.
14. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had been stolen.
(b) She had gotten lost.
(c) She had been injured.
(d) She had found a mate.
15. What was the name of the bay horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
2. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
3. How many leopards were killed during the hunt?
4. What were the villagers sacrificing?
5. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)