|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
2. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
(a) She had gotten lost.
(b) She had been injured.
(c) She had been stolen.
(d) She had found a mate.
3. What did Elspeth sleep on?
(b) A mattress on the floor.
(c) A camp-bed.
(d) A sleeping bag.
4. How many spare rooms did the Palmer's stone bungalow have?
5. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Crossing the river.
(b) The weight was too much for the cart.
(c) Being attacked by bandits.
(d) Going around a lake.
6. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) By praying.
(b) With a charm.
(c) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
(d) By building a fence.
7. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A duiker.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A python.
8. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) An approaching storm.
(b) A river.
(c) The sunset.
(d) The sunrise.
9. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His surviving wives.
(b) His surviving children.
(c) His hut.
(d) His cattle.
10. What was a mundu-mago?
(a) A witch-doctor.
(b) A hunter.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A chief.
11. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
12. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A broken bottle.
(b) A sharp rock.
(c) A blade of sharp grass.
(d) A window.
13. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
(a) A cello.
(b) An armoir.
(c) A harpsichord.
(d) A piano.
14. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
15. What did Kamau want the bwana to bring him from Nairobi?
(a) A book.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A piano.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
2. Where did Lettice sometimes talk of moving to?
3. What does the word "kali" mean?
4. What did Mr. Roos offer to show Elspeth?
5. What did Lettice say Hugh suffered from while she was away?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)