|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was blamed for the accident?
2. Who did the District Commissioner appoint as village "chief"?
3. What were the villagers sacrificing?
(a) A bull.
(b) A goat.
(c) A python.
(d) A duiker.
4. What was the subject of the book given to Elspeth by Robin?
(a) Wild Bill Hickock.
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) Johnny Appleseed.
(d) Buffalo Bill.
5. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Crossing the river.
(b) The weight was too much for the cart.
(c) Being attacked by bandits.
(d) Going around a lake.
6. What was the name of the bay horse?
7. What song did all of the settlers join in singing at the Palmers?
(a) God Save the Queen.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Ring Around the Roses.
8. What did Ian say the native beer tasted like?
(a) Sour yeast.
(b) European beer.
9. What was the roof made of?
(c) Corrugated iron.
10. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) There would be no rain.
(b) The crops would fail.
(c) The rains would never end.
(d) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
11. What did mission-boys wear as a mark of their status?
(a) Khaki shorts.
12. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were only interested in selling pelts.
(b) They were only capable of trapping.
(c) They were not skillful with rifles.
(d) They were not brave.
13. What natural phenomenon did Tilly and Ian comment on at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) An approaching storm.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The sunset.
(d) A river.
14. What did Tilly diagnose Rohio with?
15. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
(a) Ian Crawfurd.
(d) Roger Stilbeck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Twinkle found?
2. Why did Kupanya claim that Njombo was not one of his men?
3. What was the rumor about Lettice's marriage to an older man at 18?
4. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
5. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)