|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Tilly to Kupanya to discuss the bewitching?
2. What did the first trap catch?
(a) A python.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A goat.
3. What was the roof made of?
(b) Corrugated iron.
4. How did Elspeth protect Twinkle?
(a) With a charm.
(b) By building a fence.
(c) By praying.
(d) By refusing to let Twinkle wander.
5. What was Robin told would make a good gift for the new couple?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bullock.
(c) A duiker.
(d) A goat.
6. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Crossing the river.
(b) Being attacked by bandits.
(c) Going around a lake.
(d) The weight was too much for the cart.
7. What was Sammy's new wife's name?
8. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
(a) A blouse.
(b) A hat.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A dress.
9. Why did Hereward dismiss the Dutch hunting skills?
(a) They were only capable of trapping.
(b) They were not skillful with rifles.
(c) They were not brave.
(d) They were only interested in selling pelts.
10. With whom did Elspeth stay during the safari?
(b) Mrs. Nimmo.
(c) The Crawfords.
11. How many wives did Sammy already have when he announced he was taking another?
12. Where was Twinkle found?
(a) By the waterfall.
(b) At another village.
(c) By the river in the reserve.
(d) By the watering hole.
13. What did Robin pretend to threaten to get Sammy to lift the curse?
(a) His surviving children.
(b) His surviving wives.
(c) His hut.
(d) His cattle.
14. Why did Njombo say it would be bad luck to shoot a python?
(a) The crops would fail.
(b) There would be no rain.
(c) Hyenas would get the village's goats.
(d) The rains would never end.
15. What did the settlers hunt in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
2. Whom did Tilly contact about getting another dog for the Palmers?
3. What was the only common element in the different styles of traps built for leopards?
4. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
5. What word was used to describe a quarrel or discussion?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)