|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elspeth expected to memorize while the adults were on safari?
(a) The Prime Ministers of England.
(b) The kings of England.
(c) The colonial holdings of England.
(d) The counties of England.
2. What had the python eaten?
(a) A dikdik.
(b) A hyena.
(c) A baby.
(d) A goat.
3. How did Kupanya lift the curse?
(a) He hired a wizard.
(b) He convinced Njombo that it was fake.
(c) He convinced Sammy to lift it.
(d) He hired a shaman.
4. How many unmarried daughters did Robin's Aunt Veronica have?
5. What animal did Elspeth worry would attack her pony, Twinkle?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A python.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A duiker.
6. What article of clothing did Mrs. Nimmo give to Elspeth?
(a) A hat.
(b) A blouse.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A dress.
7. How much money did Tilly's sister send her?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) Twenty-five pounds.
8. What did Hereward ask Robin for help in moving?
(a) A cello.
(b) A piano.
(c) An armoir.
(d) A harpsichord.
9. What was a mundu-mago?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) A witch-doctor.
(d) A chief.
10. What did the villagers do after Sammy's new wife died?
(a) Kept her body in the hut.
(b) Burned down her hut.
(c) Buried her in a cemetery plot.
(d) Brought her body back to her native village.
11. What were Hereward and the Kikuyu hunting in Chapter 11?
12. What would Elspeth receive if she passed the exam after the safari?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A goat.
(c) Her own safari.
(d) A saddle.
13. What finally convinced Kupanya to "lift the curse"?
(a) He thought his leadership position would be taken away.
(b) He was afraid of the District Commissioner.
(c) He was afraid of the European settlers.
(d) The thunderstorm convinced him God was upset.
14. On what had Elspeth cut her hand?
(a) A blade of sharp grass.
(b) A window.
(c) A sharp rock.
(d) A broken bottle.
15. What did Mrs. Nimmo add to Elspeth's list of required subjects?
(a) Life science.
(b) Local folklore.
(d) Bible readings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
2. Why had Twinkle left the farm?
3. Why did the priests refuse to help Njombo?
4. What were the villagers sacrificing?
5. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)