|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the missionaries and the Government convinced the Kikuyu to adopt?
2. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
3. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
4. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
5. What crop did Stilbeck insist would be easy to grow on the farm?
6. Where was the District Commissioner located?
(a) Fort Mitchell.
(b) Fort Hall.
(c) Fort Carter.
(d) Fort Smith.
7. What was the murder victim's name?
8. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) The couple's furniture.
(b) The couple's horses.
(c) The couple's cars.
(d) Captain Palmer's trophies.
9. Who accompanied Ian Crawfurd when he arrived at Thika?
(a) A Swahili attendant.
(b) A Saudi attendant.
(c) A Kikuyu attendant.
(d) A Somali attendant.
10. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
11. What did the Kikuyu do if someone died inside a hut?
(a) They gave the hut to survivors.
(b) They moved the hut to another location.
(c) They buried the person in the hut.
(d) They burned the hut down.
12. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
13. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(d) The sun.
14. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Five days.
(d) One week.
15. What ancient story did Crawford use as an example?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(c) Adam and Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
2. What natural phenomenon did Mrs. Palmer see in her travels to Scandinavia?
3. What was Elspeth eating in a "funny" way at Mrs. Nimmo's the day after the party?
4. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
5. What was Njombo saving up the goats for?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)