|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
(c) Loud singing.
2. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
(a) The gramaphone.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The piano.
(d) The sewing machine.
3. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
(d) Gin rummy.
4. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
(a) By simply doing it.
(b) By seeking the help of other European settlers.
(c) By reading textbooks and government reports.
(d) By seeking the help of local Africans.
5. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
(b) Mr. Roos.
6. What crop was Smith growing?
7. What country did Mrs. Palmer like the best?
8. What was Randall Smith's nationality?
9. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(b) The sun.
10. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
(a) Under the fingernail.
(b) Under the toenail.
(c) In the ears.
(d) On the scalp.
11. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(a) Human corpses.
12. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
(a) Went on safari.
(b) Went to Nairobi for the races.
(c) Began harvesting.
(d) Went to Nairobi for supplies.
13. What kind of chickens did Tilly bring from England?
(a) Speckled Sussex.
(c) Rhode Island Reds.
(d) Speckled Essex.
14. What sentimental possession of Mrs. Nimmo's was damaged during the party?
(a) A watercolor painting.
(b) An oil painting.
(c) A cross-stitch sampler.
(d) A quilt.
15. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Alec Wilson in Africa?
2. What did the natives take after negotiating payment for work?
3. What did Robin initially try to use to "break the ice" with the natives?
4. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
5. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)