|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
(a) Getting a government job.
(b) Finding precious stones and metals.
(c) Running a ranch.
2. What faith did Juma claim to be?
3. What are siafu?
(b) Tse-tse flies.
(d) Warrior ants.
4. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
5. What instrument were the Palmers bringing to Africa?
(a) A harp.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) A cello.
(d) A piano.
6. Where was Mr. Nimmo allegedly detained on business?
(a) Belgian Congo.
(c) South Africa.
7. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
8. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
9. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(b) The sun.
10. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
(a) Went to Nairobi for supplies.
(b) Went on safari.
(c) Went to Nairobi for the races.
(d) Began harvesting.
11. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Vladimir Lenin.
12. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
(a) By seeking the help of other European settlers.
(b) By reading textbooks and government reports.
(c) By seeking the help of local Africans.
(d) By simply doing it.
13. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
14. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(c) Human corpses.
15. What natural phenomenon did Mrs. Palmer see in her travels to Scandinavia?
(a) The aurora borealis.
(b) A total solar eclipse.
(c) A comet.
(d) A total lunar eclipse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what African country had Robin mined for metals?
2. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
3. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
4. Why were the Orams leaving Ruiri?
5. Where was the District Commissioner located?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)