|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tilly, what was a main cause of the native children's bloated stomachs?
(b) Enlarged spleen from malaria.
(c) Eating too much.
2. What country did Mrs. Palmer like the best?
3. What did the natives take after negotiating payment for work?
(a) The sewing machine.
(c) Tin cups.
(d) The gramophone.
4. What did the Kikuyu do if someone died inside a hut?
(a) They burned the hut down.
(b) They moved the hut to another location.
(c) They gave the hut to survivors.
(d) They buried the person in the hut.
5. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
6. What was the name of the Irishwoman known for her fearlessness?
(a) Pioneer Mary.
(b) Pioneer Maureen.
(c) Pioneer Moire.
(d) Pioneer Brigid.
7. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
8. What was Njombo saving up the goats for?
(a) To give to his parents.
(b) A bride.
(c) A farm.
(d) A blood price.
9. What kind of dogs did the Palmers bring to Africa?
10. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(a) Working with the government.
(d) Building houses.
11. Where was Mr. Nimmo allegedly detained on business?
(b) South Africa.
(c) Belgian Congo.
12. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
13. Why did Mr. Roos kick Sammy?
(a) Sammy went home.
(b) Sammy ignored an order.
(c) Sammy yelled at Mr. Roos.
(d) Sammy stole money.
14. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
15. What sentimental possession of Mrs. Nimmo's was damaged during the party?
(a) A cross-stitch sampler.
(b) An oil painting.
(c) A watercolor painting.
(d) A quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Randall Smith's nationality?
2. What animal did Crawford "assign" to Mr. Palmer?
3. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
4. Who accompanied Ian Crawfurd when he arrived at Thika?
5. What crop was Smith growing?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)