|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
2. What animal did Crawford "assign" to Mr. Palmer?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A python.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) An ostrich.
3. What animals did Robin have a hard time handling?
4. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Planting gardens.
(b) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
(c) Attending church services.
(d) Negotiating business deals.
5. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) The couple's cars.
(b) The couple's furniture.
(c) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(d) The couple's horses.
6. What kind of dogs did the Palmers bring to Africa?
7. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
8. What faith did Juma claim to be?
9. Who accompanied Ian Crawfurd when he arrived at Thika?
(a) A Saudi attendant.
(b) A Swahili attendant.
(c) A Somali attendant.
(d) A Kikuyu attendant.
10. Why did Njombo object to the house plans for the Huxleys?
(a) The house was rectangular.
(b) The house would face the wrong way.
(c) The house was made of brick.
(d) The house was circular.
11. What kind of background did Robin say would cause a chameleon to explode?
(a) A piece of camoflage.
(b) A polka-dotted rug.
(c) A tartan rug.
(d) An argyle sock.
12. What ancient story did Crawford use as an example?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(c) Adam and Eve.
13. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(b) Human corpses.
14. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
15. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author refer to as "that sovereign remedy for almost everything"?
2. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
3. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
4. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
5. What are siafu?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)