Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
2. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(b) The couple's cars.
(c) The couple's horses.
(d) The couple's furniture.
3. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
4. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
5. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
(a) Under the toenail.
(b) In the ears.
(c) On the scalp.
(d) Under the fingernail.
6. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(a) The sun.
7. What crop did Stilbeck insist would be easy to grow on the farm?
8. What did Elspeth call her pony?
9. What did Robin desire after making his fortune?
(a) To go on safari.
(b) To do nothing.
(c) To travel around the world.
(d) To go to Australia.
10. What was the name of the Irishwoman known for her fearlessness?
(a) Pioneer Maureen.
(b) Pioneer Brigid.
(c) Pioneer Moire.
(d) Pioneer Mary.
11. What had the missionaries and the Government convinced the Kikuyu to adopt?
12. What country did Mrs. Palmer like the best?
13. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
14. How did Captain Palmer plan to build his house?
(a) He did the work himself.
(b) He hired a Nairobi contractor.
(c) He hired other settlers.
(d) He hired the natives.
15. What faith did Juma claim to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dogs did the Palmers bring to Africa?
2. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
3. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
4. Where was Mr. Nimmo allegedly detained on business?
5. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)