|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the warriors refuse to remove any more weeds?
(a) It was a waste of time.
(b) They wanted more money.
(c) They did not want to help Europeans.
(d) It would hurt their pride.
2. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(b) The couple's horses.
(c) The couple's furniture.
(d) The couple's cars.
3. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
4. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
(a) A duiker.
(b) A chameleon.
(c) A snake.
(d) A pony.
5. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(a) Human corpses.
6. Where did the jiggas dig into the body?
(a) In the ears.
(b) Under the toenail.
(c) Under the fingernail.
(d) On the scalp.
7. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
(a) The lamp.
(b) The piano.
(c) The sewing machine.
(d) The gramaphone.
8. Why were the Orams leaving Ruiri?
(a) They were getting more land in the Free State.
(b) They missed the Transvaal.
(c) They were returning to the Netherlands.
(d) It was getting overcrowded.
9. What did the natives take after negotiating payment for work?
(a) The sewing machine.
(c) The gramophone.
(d) Tin cups.
10. What had the missionaries and the Government convinced the Kikuyu to adopt?
11. What kind of chickens did Tilly bring from England?
(a) Rhode Island Reds.
(b) Speckled Essex.
(c) Speckled Sussex.
12. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
13. What kind of background did Robin say would cause a chameleon to explode?
(a) A polka-dotted rug.
(b) A piece of camoflage.
(c) A tartan rug.
(d) An argyle sock.
14. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
(b) Planting gardens.
(c) Attending church services.
(d) Negotiating business deals.
15. What did Elspeth receive as a gift at the New Year's party?
(a) A stuffed pythong.
(b) A stuffed porcupine.
(c) A stuffed crocodile.
(d) A stuffed chameleon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument were the Palmers bringing to Africa?
2. What crop was Smith growing?
3. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
4. Why was Alec Wilson in Africa?
5. Where was the District Commissioner located?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)