|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Mrs. Palmer like the best?
2. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
3. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
4. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(b) Human corpses.
5. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
6. What was the murder victim's name?
7. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
(a) Finding precious stones and metals.
(c) Running a ranch.
(d) Getting a government job.
8. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
9. What did the Kikuyu do if someone died inside a hut?
(a) They buried the person in the hut.
(b) They gave the hut to survivors.
(c) They burned the hut down.
(d) They moved the hut to another location.
10. What eventually attracted the attention of the natives?
(a) The piano.
(b) The lamp.
(c) The sewing machine.
(d) The gramaphone.
11. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
(d) Mr. Roos.
12. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
13. Where was the District Commissioner located?
(a) Fort Smith.
(b) Fort Hall.
(c) Fort Mitchell.
(d) Fort Carter.
14. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
(a) Six days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Five days.
15. What did Robin desire after making his fortune?
(a) To travel around the world.
(b) To do nothing.
(c) To go to Australia.
(d) To go on safari.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the missionaries and the Government convinced the Kikuyu to adopt?
2. Where was Mr. Nimmo allegedly detained on business?
3. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
4. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
5. What building material did Njombo refuse to use?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)