|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crawford say was a sign of a made-up story?
(a) A happy ending.
(b) No ending at all.
(c) A tragic ending.
(d) A neat and tidy ending.
2. What did most of the farmers do as the New Year came?
(a) Went to Nairobi for the races.
(b) Went on safari.
(c) Went to Nairobi for supplies.
(d) Began harvesting.
3. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
(b) Loud singing.
4. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) The couple's cars.
(b) The couple's furniture.
(c) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(d) The couple's horses.
5. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
6. In what African country had Robin mined for metals?
(a) South Africa.
7. According to Tilly, what was a main cause of the native children's bloated stomachs?
(a) Enlarged spleen from malaria.
(d) Eating too much.
8. About how many miles a day could the oxen handle?
9. What are siafu?
(a) Warrior ants.
(b) Tse-tse flies.
10. What sentimental possession of Mrs. Nimmo's was damaged during the party?
(a) An oil painting.
(b) A cross-stitch sampler.
(c) A watercolor painting.
(d) A quilt.
11. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(a) The sun.
12. Where was the District Commissioner located?
(a) Fort Smith.
(b) Fort Carter.
(c) Fort Hall.
(d) Fort Mitchell.
13. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
14. What faith did Juma claim to be?
15. What did Tilly knit for Randall?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
2. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
3. What game did Mrs. Palmer play with Tilly to get her mind off the dying man?
4. What crop did Stilbeck insist would be easy to grow on the farm?
5. What animal did Crawford "assign" to Mr. Palmer?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)