|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sammy question the wisdom of burying the murder victim?
(a) Because the victim was not liked by the tribe.
(b) Because the Kavirondo would dig up the corpse and eat it.
(c) Because murder victims were not allowed to be buried.
(d) Because the killer had not been caught.
2. What crop did Stilbeck insist would be easy to grow on the farm?
3. Why did the warriors refuse to remove any more weeds?
(a) They did not want to help Europeans.
(b) They wanted more money.
(c) It would hurt their pride.
(d) It was a waste of time.
4. In what year was the Huxley family heading to Thika?
5. What was Robin's primary goal in his travels?
(a) Getting a government job.
(b) Running a ranch.
(c) Finding precious stones and metals.
6. What did Juma falsely claim the Kikuyu ate?
(a) Human corpses.
7. Who accompanied Ian Crawfurd when he arrived at Thika?
(a) A Kikuyu attendant.
(b) A Swahili attendant.
(c) A Somali attendant.
(d) A Saudi attendant.
8. In the folktale, what resulted from the chameleon's failure to deliver God's message?
(a) The moon disappears each month.
(b) The dry season comes each year.
(c) Humans eventually die.
(d) The sun sets each day.
9. What animals did Robin have a hard time handling?
10. What was Njombo saving up the goats for?
(a) A bride.
(b) To give to his parents.
(c) A farm.
(d) A blood price.
11. Where was Mr. Nimmo allegedly detained on business?
(a) South Africa.
(d) Belgian Congo.
12. What sentimental possession of Mrs. Nimmo's was damaged during the party?
(a) An oil painting.
(b) A watercolor painting.
(c) A cross-stitch sampler.
(d) A quilt.
13. What items did Mrs. Palmer say would need their own stable?
(a) The couple's cars.
(b) The couple's horses.
(c) Captain Palmer's trophies.
(d) The couple's furniture.
14. What had the missionaries and the Government convinced the Kikuyu to adopt?
15. What was the name of the Irishwoman known for her fearlessness?
(a) Pioneer Moire.
(b) Pioneer Maureen.
(c) Pioneer Brigid.
(d) Pioneer Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Elspeth awakened by after going to bed during the party?
2. What did Robin desire after making his fortune?
3. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
4. What faith did Juma claim to be?
5. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)