|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tilly, what was a main cause of the native children's bloated stomachs?
(b) Enlarged spleen from malaria.
(d) Eating too much.
2. What did Jock Nimmo spend most of his time doing?
(c) Working with the government.
(d) Building houses.
3. What did Robin desire after making his fortune?
(a) To travel around the world.
(b) To go on safari.
(c) To do nothing.
(d) To go to Australia.
4. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
(c) Mr. Roos.
5. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Negotiating business deals.
(b) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
(c) Planting gardens.
(d) Attending church services.
6. What crop was Smith growing?
7. What was the murder victim's name?
8. What creatures did Crawford say were shy?
9. Why did Mr. Roos kick Sammy?
(a) Sammy went home.
(b) Sammy ignored an order.
(c) Sammy stole money.
(d) Sammy yelled at Mr. Roos.
10. In what African country had Robin mined for metals?
(a) South Africa.
11. How long was the journey from Nairobi to Thika?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
12. What was Randall Smith's nationality?
13. How many acres of land did Robin buy from Roger Stilbeck?
14. What did Robin agree to pay for the work?
(a) Coffee beans.
15. What kind of background did Robin say would cause a chameleon to explode?
(a) A piece of camoflage.
(b) A tartan rug.
(c) An argyle sock.
(d) A polka-dotted rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Wilson trying to learn the skills of farming?
2. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
3. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
4. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
5. Where was the District Commissioner located?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)