|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of chickens did Tilly bring from England?
(a) Speckled Essex.
(b) Speckled Sussex.
(c) Rhode Island Reds.
2. How did Randall Smith spend his Sundays?
(a) Attending church services.
(b) Planting gardens.
(c) Searching for lions and buffaloes.
(d) Negotiating business deals.
3. What was the name of the Irishwoman known for her fearlessness?
(a) Pioneer Moire.
(b) Pioneer Mary.
(c) Pioneer Maureen.
(d) Pioneer Brigid.
4. Why was Alec Wilson in Africa?
(a) He was seeking his fortune.
(b) His doctor told him to seek a dry and sunny climate.
(c) He was seeking adventure.
(d) He was escaping his family life.
5. What did Elspeth say she wanted more than anything?
(a) A snake.
(b) A chameleon.
(c) A duiker.
(d) A pony.
6. What was Randall Smith's nationality?
7. With what did the natives think the Europeans created light at night?
(c) The sun.
8. What animals did Robin have a hard time handling?
9. Who had once killed a lion at the meeting place of the two rivers?
(a) Vladimir Lenin.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt.
10. How long did Sammy stay at Fort Hall?
(a) Almost a week.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) Almost a full season.
11. How long did it take the workers to build their own huts?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
12. What animals did the Huxley family take with them to Africa?
13. Why did the warriors refuse to remove any more weeds?
(a) It was a waste of time.
(b) They did not want to help Europeans.
(c) They wanted more money.
(d) It would hurt their pride.
14. What was Elspeth eating in a "funny" way at Mrs. Nimmo's the day after the party?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(d) Poached eggs.
15. In the folktale, what resulted from the chameleon's failure to deliver God's message?
(a) The moon disappears each month.
(b) Humans eventually die.
(c) The dry season comes each year.
(d) The sun sets each day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Elspeth Huxley's eyes?
2. What was Sammy's ethnic mix?
3. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
4. Where was the District Commissioner located?
5. What birds did Crawford and Elspeth observe doing a mating ritual?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)