|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Sixteen through Twenty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was given the nickname Bad Hat?
(d) Mr. Roos.
2. Why did Sammy question the wisdom of burying the murder victim?
(a) Because murder victims were not allowed to be buried.
(b) Because the victim was not liked by the tribe.
(c) Because the Kavirondo would dig up the corpse and eat it.
(d) Because the killer had not been caught.
3. Who was injured in the blasting cap accident?
(b) Sammy's son.
(c) Sammy's wife.
4. What was the biggest concern about moving the object in the previous question?
(a) Being attacked by bandits.
(b) The weight was too much for the cart.
(c) Going around a lake.
(d) Crossing the river.
5. What natural phenomenon did Mrs. Palmer see in her travels to Scandinavia?
(a) The aurora borealis.
(b) A total lunar eclipse.
(c) A comet.
(d) A total solar eclipse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the folktale, what resulted from the chameleon's failure to deliver God's message?
2. What are siafu?
3. What happened to the leopard caught in the trap?
4. To what kind of fish did Elspeth compare the men lounging in the shade in the middle of the day?
5. Who accompanied Ian Crawfurd when he arrived at Thika?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)